Captain America is up for Pre-Order!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tendou-Kabuto said:
Great piece had to order it. $280 is nothing, great price

ss must be planning on selling alot of exclusives since they allow you
to by 2.normally they keep it to 1 per person.

best exclusive ive ever seen...shame about the shorts though....:monkey2

the Doctor said:
ss must be planning on selling alot of exclusives since they allow you
to by 2.normally they keep it to 1 per person.

best exclusive ive ever seen...shame about the shorts though....:monkey2

Hopefully by upping the limit to 2 they aren't going to overproduce. Good number of ppl who order 2 to flip 1 will cancel their orders to 1 if production numbers are high and demand is met.

I really like the deal with the exclusive here. It's really worth getting because not only do you get a different shield and helmet but the base is also different as well with the WW2 helmet. Very nice piece overall and certainly worth getting one of each IMO:chew

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but the WWII Cap won't be 100% accurate. In the 40's, the midriff-stripes on Cap's costume only appeared across the front of his shirt to the sides, with the back from the sides around being solid blue (well, except for the star). I wonder why they didn't just do the WWII version as a stand-alone exclusive so they could make the minor modifications to the costume? Don't get me wrong, I think it's admirable that SSC wanted to give collectors the chance to get 2 versions with one statue, rather than having to buy both (they saved me $250 !).

The Doom SSC online exclusive accessory was a pretty darned good one I thought, but this is likely the winner of all time. I thought the exclusive would probably be a WWII version of Cap, not a set of parts to convert from Modern to Old School. That's just an amazing thing for SSC to do rather than try to sell the hard core fans two complete pieces and make the rest choose the one they wanted most. I think this was a very fan friendly gesture and I certainly appreciate it. I posted links on the WWII 1/6th board I frequent about this as I think it's going to have huge appeal to a broad audience.
I've cut back my ordering and cancelled several items I had on order for financial reasons (one of the many joys of self employment, when things are slow, everyone else still gets paid whether you do or not) and sold some things off I hadn't particularly wanted to, but this is something I've wanted since they announced the first Marvel PF. I'm very happy with the way this has turned out. Great job SSC.

Don't like :rotfl :rotfl

It's a joke you make me happy with a great price and great exclusive, now make a great ES and perhaps this will make me forgot the Grey hulk PF Price and increase ES.
Perhaps just one things perhaps the up of the trousers is too large.
:D :rotfl Thanks

The shorts do look a bit odd, but it is accurate to the comic version of the character - he's always had that line on his legs that looks like he's wearing shorts over the tights. However I think they could be shorter and wouldn't look so out of place.

Still loving the whole thing - too many display choices with the exclusive though!

I think it looks fantastic and I pre-ordered the exclusive last night. I may end up cancelling later and picking up the regular version for less from one of our esteemed online sellers, as that is the one that I like better.

But the pose looks great as does the sculpt. Could this be the "Lurtz" of the Marvel line? Or will PF Hulk take that claim?... :cool:

This is an excellent PF! It is almost tempting for me to get it, although I don't read Captain America at all. The exclusive items are awesome!

This would go great with the Wolverine PF I have and the Spiderman PF I just ordered, but I am still on the fence for now on who to get next using my SS Gift Card: Hulk PF, Elektra PF, or this PF of Capt America.

Help?

Darklord Dave said:
The shorts do look a bit odd, but it is accurate to the comic version of the character - he's always had that line on his legs that looks like he's wearing shorts over the tights. However I think they could be shorter and wouldn't look so out of place.

Still loving the whole thing - too many display choices with the exclusive though!

Yes the whole thing is great and as lurtz PF we can combine display and choice and this is better. I love sideshow when they make this sort of exclusive and not a poor thing like the boba PF, and now if they make the shorts shorter and which stick more to the Captain A body this would be perfect.
But Think as they do this for Vader PF they can correct this before release.:rolleyes:

Hey, how come there's 2 separate Cap threads? How confusing! Anyway:

For those who have noticed the slight discrepancy in belt buckle shapes between the two editions... I have received confirmation that the rectangle buckle will be the final design (the one pictured on the WWII version), on both editions. Feel free to pass this info on to other boards that have been discussing it

I picked up an Exclusive Cap...and I also never read a single page of his comic. I like the character because I loved playing "Captain America and The Avengers" in the arcades back in the 80's...

Thanks for the info Dusty! Although I hadn't really noticed the difference in the buckles. Thanks for staying on top of things though.

I ordered my exclusive. Cap has always been my favorite Marvel hero. I only wish I could buy two so I could display them both.

I ORDERED IT ALSO....DONT KNOW IF I WILL KEEP IT..BUT SINCE I'VE GOT BOTH HULK PF ON ORDER,I AM TEMPTED TO MAKE A DISPLAY WITH ALL THE AVENGERS PF...IF ONLY WE CAN GET THOR...

Back