Captain America is up for Pre-Order!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just flex payed ordered the exclusive.DAMN i can't help it i gotta have this.I like CA but i'm not diehard, but this is fantastic and a must.

so anyone have any opinions about the edition size of the exclusive? It seems like if they are allowing 2 per house that the es might be doubled, like 1000. I'd prefer the size to stay at 500 though. Thoughts?

i was also hoping for a low exclusive number, but thats not why im buying it so im not too worried about it. im sure it will be around 750 or so. i wonder when they plan on announcing it.

this just may be the best SS piece evar! i do hope they shorten the length of the shorts and possibly use a thinner fabric for them.

I gave in and decided to settle for the regular edition from a dealer. :monkey2 I just couldn't see paying an extra 70 dollars for a German helmet and I doubt I'd display him with the other shield. But that 70 bucks will go towards another awesome PF figure so it'll work out in the end. :cool:

Agent0028 said:
I gave in and decided to settle for the regular edition from a dealer. :monkey2 I just couldn't see paying an extra 70 dollars for a German helmet and I doubt I'd display him with the other shield. But that 70 bucks will go towards another awesome PF figure so it'll work out in the end. :cool:

sounds good man. i wonder when the next PF announcement will come along. im hoping for a hawkeye next to keep the avengers rolling out.

My first PF! I neeeeeded this! My fav. Marvel hero! If we get a villain next, I agree, the Doc!

Agent0028 said:

I'm debating on doing the same thing. I like the idea of being able to switch up the display, and flex-pay takes some of the sting out of the price. On the other hand, I'm not that die-hard a Cap fan, but I could save $60 from Dark Shadow

I thought about saving some bucks with a dealer also but the exclusive is just too tight:

71611_press04-001.jpg

71611_press01-001.jpg

cap1a.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, it looks like Cap gets shot 3 times in the back, in the cover of issue #1. Last I checked the super soldier serum didn't make Cap bullitproof.:rolleyes:

wookilar8 said:
Funny, it looks like Cap gets shot 3 times in the back, in the cover of issue #1. Last I checked the super soldier serum didn't make Cap bullitproof.:rolleyes:

Perhaps they were just bad shots...the Germans did lose the war after all!!!! :chew

Yeah, what's up with the price difference between the regular version and the exclusive version? I don't understand why they do it. The extra parts can hardly be the reason, because there are quite a few PF exclusive's that also have extra parts, and yet, they are not more expensive (Luke/Yoda, Lurtz, Darth Vader, Spike ...). In fact, making the exclusives more expensive is rather the exception. So, what is the reason? As far as I remember, it was with the Leia PF exclusive that this started. $25 for the extra blaster...
It's so strange to charge extra for the exclusives, after all, these exclusives are made as an extra spur to buy from Sideshow direct. Like a reward of some kind. That's what I thought, anyway. And now we have to pay extra for that reward? The biggest calamity in this line has to be the Grey Hulk PF. The extra $100 in fact is a slap in the face for loyal collectors. Nothing I've heard so far justifies the extra $100. I wonder if this is the start of a trend, making all future PF exclusives more expensive than the regular versions. I don't get logic of SSC's price politics, but it seams as if a lot of people here on the board have no problem with it.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
It's so strange to charge extra for the exclusives, after all, these exclusives are made as an extra spur to buy from Sideshow direct. Like a reward of some kind. That's what I thought, anyway. And now we have to pay extra for that reward? The biggest calamity in this line has to be the Grey Hulk PF. The extra $100 in fact is a slap in the face for loyal collectors. Nothing I've heard so far justifies the extra $100. I wonder if this is the start of a trend, making all future PF exclusives more expensive than the regular versions. I don't get logic of SSC's price politics, but it seams as if a lot of people here on the board have no problem with it.

Exclusives are more expensive for two reasons:

1. You are buying them at full price through Sideshow so you get no dealer discounts. Example: I got my Hulk PF through a dealer for $269 plus shipping.

2. The cost of the extra item or the different paint job in a very small quantity run is reflected in the price. Sideshow placing an order for 179 Gray Hulks is more expensive than painting 1,000 of the same green color.

Will the gray paint job be worth $100? that remains to be seen.

SolidLiquidFox said:
...2. The cost of the extra item or the different paint job in a very small quantity run is reflected in the price. Sideshow placing an order for 179 Gray Hulks is more expensive than painting 1,000 of the same green color.

Will the gray paint job be worth $100? that remains to be seen.
Sounds reasonable to pay more for a limited run, but $100? No way!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Sounds reasonable to pay more for a limited run, but $100? No way!

I hear you.

I think part of what they are factoring in on those $100 is bragging rights on a limited run item. Which sort of explains the outroar when they added 29 later on... :D

After debating with myself, I'll probably pass on this one, mostly because I am not a fan of the character, plus I have the Wolvie comicquette, the Exclusive PF Elektra, already pre-ordered PF Exclus. Spidey, and grabbed the last PF Hulk.

That being the case, I'm pretty much tapped out, financially. Thank goodness for Flex-Pay!

Last edited:
Back