Captain America is up for Pre-Order!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have there even been any significant storylines over the years pitting Captain America against Ultron? The only time I ever saw Ultron pop up during the years I collected Cap comics was during the original Secret Wars. Maybe its more of an Avengers thing?

I did a google search on Captain America covers that featured Ultron and nothing came up.

Even when I display him in his modern uniform I'll probably keep the German helmet base as its much more appropriate to the character.

Khev said:
Have there even been any significant storylines over the years pitting Captain America against Ultron? The only time I ever saw Ultron pop up during the years I collected Cap comics was during the original Secret Wars. Maybe its more of an Avengers thing?

I did a google search on Captain America covers that featured Ultron and nothing came up.

Even when I display him in his modern uniform I'll probably keep the German helmet base as its much more appropriate to the character.

I agree. Ultron is a little on the obscure side as a Cap-centric villain. German helmet option for the base sold me on the Exlcusive probably more than anything else!:rotfl

But Ultron as an Avengers villain...oh yes. Hmm...I wonder if this some sneaky, subtle long-term planning on SS's part? If they see more Avengers coming down the PF pipeline then tucking the Ultron head back Cap's boot would be a must if i had a PF Thor, a PF Iron Man, PF Wasp, etc. to display around him.

I really do hope SS runs with the Avengers line-up (at least the major players). Could be really special given what we've seen so far.
G&T

Mookeylama said:
i'm wondering if Cap is actually resting his weight on the Ultron/nazi head? if he is, it'll be a pain to switch out the head/helmet, having to remove the statue from the base each time. if he's not resting on it, then it worries me that all the weight on Cap would be supported by 1 metal pin thru his right foot. guess it wouldn't be too bad if the pin runs all the way up into his body tho.

The pin is not going to run all the way up his body. Both feet will be secured by pins is the smart guess. The helmet/robot head that his left foot rests on will be attached to the base with a pin and it will also have a pin on sticking out from the top of it as well so that the left foot can be secured onto the head/helmet instead of just resting on it.

I have two PFs and both are easy to lift off from the base and how often are you going to be switching it anyways?

Mookeylama said:
i'm wondering if Cap is actually resting his weight on the Ultron/nazi head? if he is, it'll be a pain to switch out the head/helmet, having to remove the statue from the base each time. if he's not resting on it, then it worries me that all the weight on Cap would be supported by 1 metal pin thru his right foot. guess it wouldn't be too bad if the pin runs all the way up into his body tho.

Lurtz is supported with one small pin in his back foot. works fine

I'll probably display mine modern Cap. German base, it's the only reason I want the exclusive, I prefer him killing Nazi's to robots. Otherwise I'd just get it cheaper from an online retailer. I really wish his scales were rubber though not Polystone, only because it have such a better feel to it. But I still can't wait, this would be my 3rd PF (assuming I don't get anymore in the next few months, I just got Dracs and my Vader arrives the 14th) and he's my fav. Marvel hero so I am kind of pumped up. Just hope I can afford it when the time comes, better start saving now!

I'm glad he can be displayed so the shield is visible, I just hope I have the space. I finally got Iron Man at a good angle so he fits on the shelf and looks good. Hopefully this will be the same way. Although, he does look a little strange viewed from the front in the turnaround because of the angle of his head. But I'm sure it will look fine in person.

carbo-fation said:
I am also very excited about this piece! I just need to figure out a place to fit this! With two SW PFs and two Marvel PFs coming, I will need to borrow my brother's room!:monkey5 :lol

kick his @$$ out but still have him pay half the rent :lol

carbo-fation said:
I am also very excited about this piece! I just need to figure out a place to fit this! With two SW PFs and two Marvel PFs coming, I will need to borrow my brother's room!:monkey5 :lol

If I was your brother I wouldnt mind one bit. "yeah go ahead and leave them all in here."

Back