Captain America is up for Pre-Order!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
Honestly, we just can't win can we?
You can win, give them away:lol , wait never mind someone would still be upset. So no you can't win. Ohh well you cant please everyone all the time. I am happy and really thats all that matters:rotfl

No Dusty, I like being able to order two I'm glad Sideshow is going back to letting us order more than one. Kicking myself for not ordering two exclusive Caps though, just so I could display both of them.

SideshowDusty said:

No, you can't Dusty. Comes with the territory. :D

I still stand behind what I said back on post #89 of this thread. Good call in caping this thing off early. If the feedback we provided here had anything to do with it then that's cool. :chew

800 or 8,000, don't matter to me as long as I get one. I'm not interested in scalping or bragging rights, just having an awesome statue in my collection.

With such a small number...I sure hope I don't change my mind and decide to go for the exclusive. :lol

SideshowDusty said:

Limit to 1 per, people squawk about "But I want to buy one for my friend for his birthday"... "but I want to display 1 and keep the other boxed"... "but I want to display both, one at my office, one at my house".

Limit it to 2 and we're overbearing, corporate money-grabbers.

*goes off in search of a wall to bang head into*

you can please some people all of the time.
all the people some of the time.
but you can't please all the people all of the time:monkey1

the Doctor said:
you can please some people all of the time.
all the people some of the time.
but you can't please all the people all of the time:monkey1

You'd think I would have just learned to accept by now, after a year and a half of reading collector comments :lol Guess I'm just too optimistic :monkey2

SideshowDusty said:
You'd think I would have just learned to accept by now, after a year and a half of reading collector comments :lol Guess I'm just too optimistic :monkey2
dont let them get you down dusty...always look on the bright side of life
dada dadadada..:lol

PF Captain America is a triumph. I've been giddy about this for a week. I have a feeling the exclusive ES will be low enough for its value to remain steadfast.

71611_press02-001.jpg
7161_press01-001.jpg

Way to go Sideshow!

:fireworks :fireworks

Looks like I waited too long to make a decision. I just put myself on the waitlist for the Flex-pay exclusive. I just liked the idea of changing out the pieces way too much to get the regular. Here's hoping.

OK preordered this bad boy, my first PF, (I missed Vader and Doom, one day though!) and I gotta question. What's itmade of? Is it ALL polystone, like a statue? Is there foam or plastic? Are the outfits actually dif.material? Just wondering what constitues a "Premium Format Figure"

I don't know what all Captain America is made of, but for instance Luke Skywalker PF has cloth for clothes, a leather belt with a metal buckle. Darth Vader has some sort of leather like material for his suit and a cloth cape while the underlying body and his helmet is polystone. Pretty much I think premium format refers to the size being 1/4 scale and being mixed media (cloth, metal, leather, and polystone where they best fit). Whereas a maquette is all poly. Hope that helps answer your question.

i'm wondering if Cap is actually resting his weight on the Ultron/nazi head? if he is, it'll be a pain to switch out the head/helmet, having to remove the statue from the base each time. if he's not resting on it, then it worries me that all the weight on Cap would be supported by 1 metal pin thru his right foot. guess it wouldn't be too bad if the pin runs all the way up into his body tho.

Maybe they'll put magnets into the helmet and bottom of his foot, like the ones that hold the mummy in place to give it more stability. Of course if that were the case I suppose it would have mentioned it utilized magnets...

Back