Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 3 (May 6, 2016)

They confirmed that Bucky will be in the next one so I'm going to guess that they'll go with Death of Cap. Then they can keep Crossbones and Carter as well. They might name it "Captain America: Fallen Son" to be a little more cryptic for the non-comic readers.

They confirmed that Bucky will be in the next one so I'm going to guess that they'll go with Death of Cap. Then they can keep Crossbones and Carter as well. They might name it "Captain America: Fallen Son" to be a little more cryptic for the non-comic readers.

Question is killing off Cap only to bring him right back in Avengers 3 is dumb and won't play well with audiences. If they kill cap he's gotta stay dead for at least 2 appearances by his replacement.

i gotta think the Red Skuill will be back for part 3. Especially with the Hydran/Crossbones tie in.

Yeah, I don't think Cap dies just yet and when Evans steps down I don't think they will kill him.

Considering the recent rumors about roster changes for the Avengers, I'm not sure how they do Cap 3 w/o it being Avengers 3, but I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make characters disappear for 2 hours (like they always do). With them trying to squeeze Hawkeye into Cap 3, I guess that would mean Clint's still on the roster (perhaps).

I seriously doubt they will kill him. This isn't comic books. But I can see him leading the new SHIELD and Bucky becoming Cap. He has been a tragic hero so far and to finally hook him up with a girl (Sharon) make amends with his best friend, and then just kill him would be morose. Even Nolan didn't really kill Bruce Wayne.

With Evans on tap to play Steve again for Avengers 3, I doubt they will kill off his character. However, that is not to say that Bucky won't pick up the rains of Captain America regardless. Something may happen where Steve can't or no longer wants to be Cap.

Well of course they wouldn't "kill him" kill him. But they do have all the Brubaker players in place to segue into the Death of Cap storyline. I *hope* they don't, because I'd prefer they mine other storylines from the comics but that's my best guess based on what we've seen and what the directors have hinted at. "Begininng, middle, and end," they said of the three movies, and "big surprises," a "title that will show we're swinging for the fences." We'll see of course. Hopefully they announce the title by the time the TWS blu-ray hits, I'm dying to know where they're going!

Considering the recent rumors about roster changes for the Avengers, I'm not sure how they do Cap 3 w/o it being Avengers 3, but I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make characters disappear for 2 hours (like they always do). With them trying to squeeze Hawkeye into Cap 3, I guess that would mean Clint's still on the roster (perhaps).
Oh, he'll be more than just "on the roster." Here's your Avengers 3 team:

gab50731c.jpg

You know, with these movies basically being a license to print money, I wouldn't be least bit surprised if Disney created new Avengers teams with which to alternate every year.

Getting back to Cap though. I think that possibly the coolest thing that the Russo Bros could do would be to name Cap 3 "Captain America: Fallen Son" or "The Death of Captain America" to make everyone think they're doing Brubaker's highly publicized tale but then switch it up and instead make the movie about Jim Steranko's "The Strange Death of Captain America" storyline from 1969's issue #113. That story would actually work really well in the MCU because Cap decides that it's dangerous for everyone to know his real identity so he fakes the death of "Steve Rogers Cap" and then returns as a "new" Cap with a secret identity. He leaves his bullet ridden uniform in the river with a lifelike "Steve Rogers" mask nearby to make everyone think that his Rogers face was fake and that whoever he really is is unknown.

If Marvel wanted to get really funky they could do that and say that Chris Evans puts on a different face Mission Impossible-style and use it as a way to transition to a new actor. Then they'd keep his origin and have a built in reason as to why Rogers doesn't look like Evans anymore. It'd be very unorthodox but potentially cool as hell.

Either way #113 is one of the greatest issues of Cap ever printed IMO and I'd love to see it on screen. Give me Eva Green as Madame Hydra and we're good to go!

cap113L.jpg

Published October 13, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Robert Downey Jr Bringing CIVIL WAR To CAPTAIN AMERICA 3

Get ready for the Marvel Cinematic Universe to break.

I've been sitting on this for a couple of weeks now, waiting to get an ok from my sources to run it... and I got scooped. Well played, Variety.

Well, here's the story: Robert Downey Jr hasn't been negotiating with Marvel for Iron Man 4 - he's been negotiating for Captain America 3. Yes, Iron Man will be co-starring in Cap 3, which is either going to be called Civil War or Fallen Son - I've heard both names getting tossed around.

And this isn't some small bit. This isn't a cameo. Downey will be shooting 30 or 40 days on the film. He's basically co-starring. When Marvel heard that DC moved Batman v Superman off their Cap 3 date they wondered if they had heard the story and knew that Batman versus Superman wasn't going to match up to Captain America versus Iron Man.

I'm not clear on how the Civil War story will play out, since the Marvel Cinematic Universe doesn't have secret IDs to reveal, but I can tell you this: the fallout of Avengers: Age of Ultron is going to be huge in this movie. There is a lot of destruction in that film. It makes an impact.

More than that, Marvel is looking at Cap 3 as Avengers 2.5. It's going to be another ensemble picture, and it could feature Cap's new team from the end of Age of Ultron. Last I heard (and they haven't shot this scene yet, so it could change) that team is Falcon, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow, as well as probably The Vision (although I have been told Black Widow will not be much of a presence in Cap 3). And once again the events of a Captain America movie will reshape the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Remember when I told you Cap wouldn't be in Avengers 3? This is why. At the end of Cap 3 the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be in a tough, dark place, with the heroes scattered and defeated. That will continue through Avengers 3, and it will leave the world open to the threat of Thanos in either Avengers 4 or the big universe-wide team-up movie, whichever comes first.

How closely will Captain America 3 tie in with Avengers 3? I've been told that the Russo Brothers are in talks to direct Avengers 3 and possibly 4. Sources tell me that they're the favorites of Marvel right now and that they are the guys Kevin Feige want to pick up the mantle from Joss Whedon.

This is huge news, and it shows that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is going to continue to grow and change, and that just when you think you know what they're doing - just when you assume it's Thanos in Avengers 3 - they throw a curveball at you.

How will Civil War play out? I know that at the end of Age of Ultron Tony Stark retires from The Avengers and possibly even from being Iron Man. He feels very responsible for what happened in that film, as the Ultron project was his brainchild. Here's my guess for Cap 3: with that in mind, and aware of the destruction his out of control robot caused, Tony thinks that the Age of Miracles is too unregulated. With the fall of SHIELD there's simply no one keeping tabs on everybody. That scene of Black Widow in front of the Congressional committee in The WInter Soldier was a late addition, and it speaks to this - these super beings are answering to no one. And Tony decides that's wrong. Which brings him into direct conflict with Captain America, who is still leading a team of Avengers. I don't think this will follow the exact outline of the comic book story, but simply take the concept and the beloved Marvel idea of heroes battling.

Does Cap die in this movie? Like I said, I've heard the title Fallen Son getting tossed around a lot. I've been told that the story is Civil War, but Fallen Son has come from multiple sources as the actual title. That definitely leads me to believe he could buy it at the end. Or maybe his super soldier serum gets depleted? Or maybe he just hangs up the shield, taking on a new name, like Nomad or something. Either way, he's sitting out Avengers 3, allowing Chris Evans to stay in the MCU for one more Avengers movie.

But if Marvel is willing to renegotiate with Downey - he's getting a $40 million payday, plus back end participation - that probably means they'll sit down with Chris Evans to get him back for more movies. Sitting out Avengers 3 gives Evans some needed time off from the character, and could make him decide he likes the checks Marvel keeps writing him.

If they're really going towards doing a Civil War, it's a shame they didn't hold back Iron Patriot until then.

I have a feeling this is in fact going to be Captain America v Iron Man rather than a Captain America sequel given how Robert wants Tony to play a huge role in it. Pretty sweet to see how this will play out. Never thought I'd see the day they get Civil War up on the big screen.

- Stark co-staring in Cap 3 with Steve? Cool

- Avengers 3 directed by the Russo brothers? Oh man really coool

- Avengers 4? C'mon , are they really going to go 4 phases? WTF. Mark my words, this **** will get old. Real old. I thought after Ultron, we'd be nearing the road to Thanos, i.e. "the end". I have a feeling they're just going to stretch this out.

Back