Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 3 (May 6, 2016)

When the Russos said they were scouring old comics for ideas, I was hoping for something a bit less obvious (surely this wasn't one of the things no one had thought of), but this does seem like the way to go if you want to maximize ticket sales. Hopefully the creative team won't be phoning it in at this point.

With Crossbones and Sharon Carter very specifically established in TWS I never thought they'd go any earlier than 1989 or so and assumed the most likely storyline would be Death of Cap. What I expect now is a loose depiction of the Civil War miniseries with a couple sequences reminiscent of earlier issues (like Batroc on a ship from John Byrne's run appearing in TWS movie.) I never really followed the Civil War storyline when it was coming out but I do like the idea of a movie pitting Stark against Rogers since they have such a pedigree together starting with Tales of Suspense and running off and on through the decades until Civil War.

Why does everybody here want to see comic plots in the movies? Death of Cap... Civil War. I don't any of these would translate well in the big screen. They should just do original stuff.

My Cap/Iron Man crossover would obviously end with a face-off between drunken ass Stark with the Ultimate Nullifier leading the Great Lakes Avengers vs. Cap Wolf with the Wand of Watoomb leading the Defenders c-team, with the fate of the multiverse in the balance.

christian-bale-wtf.gif

The announcement is a bit bittersweet because if I had my druthers Cap would be facing John Walker, Madame Hydra, or the Serpent Society in his next movie but I can definitely understand why they'd want to jump right to RDJ while its still reasonably feasible for him to wear the suit.

I'm still going to cross my fingers that they at least find a reason to pay tribute to their 1987 showdown when Rogers wore the black costume against Silver Centurion Stark.

Captain-America-vs-Iron-Man-Wallpaper-.jpg

It also pretty much kills off the idea of Red Skull making a return.

Definately not, RS will be at the goddamn center of it all if Thanos is pushed up.

Doom will have to sit out for legal reasons. :lol

Trust me, I know what i'm talking about, my cousin used to deliver pizza to Kevin Feige's gate security office.

I'd be down for Stark being a pawn of the RS. :rock

Actually for those who read the Civil War series what WERE the villains doing while the heroes were duking it out?

Okay that first image totally makes me want to read Civil War now. :lol

And what's with the second image? Punisher is with Steve "to the end of the line?" :confused:

I don't think the Civil War story line makes sense because non of the Avengers in the films have secret identities, especially Capt America...everyone knows who he is :lol

Back