1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a few reviews that say the head is not pin-headed, it is.
The helmeted head with a detachable face, like the CW and Concept are smaller/narrower than the AOU/TWS helmeted head.
I've compared these heads and there is a difference.

The reason the Concept Cap looks fine with that helmeted head with removeable face is that it has a smaller physique, so it matches the head.
On my CW cap, if you use the helmeted head with detachable face, if youre going for a dynamic pose, it can look ok.
But if you are going for just a heroic pose, he also looks pinheaded, that's why I have an AOU head on mine.
This is the reason why some people think Battling Cap has a better physique than Regular CW Cap. The body is the same, the difference is battling has the bigger AOU/TWS helmeted head and CW cap has the narrower helmeted head with detachable face.

So this figure with the helmeted head with detachable face is definitely pinheaded. It would look better if it uses an AOU/TWS head.

:exactly:

Agreed, Justin is just so eager to please Hot Toys at this point it's unreal. It doesn't really annoy me, but some of his excuses are so fake it's silly. "If you increase the size of the star, then it's going to collide with the outline on the chest." What? We can literally see the suit in real life looking fine, clearly they have to redesign the chest piece then. Yet he's treating it as some sort of mathematical concept if it were to be recreated as a figure, so as to try to minimize the inaccuracies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put the CW unmasked head on this and I have to say I like the way it looks. Still hoping they tighten the suit up before the EG version though...

Lots of good discussion here about this figure. It's definitely not perfect, which I noted in my last video about it. However, given the opportunity to get it at a retail price or just above, I would definitely recommend getting it. I've seen some people paying over $1,000 for it, which I do not believe is reasonable for this figure, given it's easily noticeable issues. One thing to note about reviews, and I've been watching this for a considerable amount of time in other genres as well, is unless you have spent a decent amount of time with the product, you can't really give it a "review". You can showcase it and give initial reactions, but reviews should be held to a higher standard. But that is...my opinion of course.

Lots of good discussion here about this figure. It's definitely not perfect, which I noted in my last video about it. However, given the opportunity to get it at a retail price or just above, I would definitely recommend getting it. I've seen some people paying over $1,000 for it, which I do not believe is reasonable for this figure, given it's easily noticeable issues. One thing to note about reviews, and I've been watching this for a considerable amount of time in other genres as well, is unless you have spent a decent amount of time with the product, you can't really give it a "review". You can showcase it and give initial reactions, but reviews should be held to a higher standard. But that is...my opinion of course.

Great viewpoint, I feel spending considerable time is necessary to fully assess any figure. However, we're being bombarded with all these multitudes of new figures releasing continuously and we try to accumulate our desired action figures and we don't get the time to fully appreciate all of them.

i can't help but agree with you. the review was blatantly dismissing a quickie cash grab for a near perfect release. i like captain america releases TBH, but i wouldn't con-vince myself its that good haha

Agreed, Justin is just so eager to please Hot Toys at this point it's unreal. It doesn't really annoy me, but some of his excuses are so fake it's silly. "If you increase the size of the star, then it's going to collide with the outline on the chest." What? We can literally see the suit in real life looking fine, clearly they have to redesign the chest piece then. Yet he's treating it as some sort of mathematical concept if it were to be recreated as a figure, so as to try to minimize the inaccuracies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i can't help but agree with you. the review was blatantly dismissing a quickie cash grab for a near perfect release. i like captain america releases TBH, but i wouldn't con-vince myself its that good haha

Well Justin has been on a tear lately and has been buying every 1/6th figure under the sun, including knock-offs now...so I would imagine if you're gonna buy everything, you'll need to convince yourself that everything you purchased is great. :blissy

This figure is a huge embarrassment for Hot Toys. The last figure of Cap should be more detailed and different from others. The old figures inaccuracies should be fixed. But Hot Toys just released the same figure with a new, and very bad designed, chest armor.

On th other hand, our mistake is much bigger. If we continue to buy any product of Hot Toys with ignoring any big and unacceptable faults, they do not care about us.

Weeeellll...I figure what I'm supposed to be paying for is costume/sculpt movie accuracy at a price I don't choke on. One comment in the vid is something like "the best HT can do". Maybe. Who knows. But re this Cap and IW Cap, plastic, plastic, plastic costume. I can deal with the Concept Cap 'coz he's a CONCEPT but even then kind've a re-hash effort, tho don't regret him.

But IMO the "last Cap" should've been off-the-chart perfection:thwak. I still think my battle-damaged and classic CW Caps are the standard, and luv my other Caps. Wouldn't give up any of 'em. Even if they ain't "perfect" feels like someone put their back into it. Like I own Rescue Cap and he's got all this amazing detail.

Dunno if I'll ever bother with this Cap - maybe for a deal. Otherwise I can sit around and wait for the $500 "special release limited edition" Cap that HT will probably release at some point. And stare at my poly Caps.:monkey3

Weeeellll...I figure what I'm supposed to be paying for is costume/sculpt movie accuracy at a price I don't choke on. One comment in the vid is something like "the best HT can do". Maybe. Who knows. But re this Cap and IW Cap, plastic, plastic, plastic costume. I can deal with the Concept Cap 'coz he's a CONCEPT but even then kind've a re-hash effort, tho don't regret him.

But IMO the "last Cap" should've been off-the-chart perfection:thwak. I still think my battle-damaged and classic CW Caps are the standard, and luv my other Caps. Wouldn't give up any of 'em. Even if they ain't "perfect" feels like someone put their back into it. Like I own Rescue Cap and he's got all this amazing detail.

Dunno if I'll ever bother with this Cap - maybe for a deal. Otherwise I can sit around and wait for the $500 "special release limited edition" Cap that HT will probably release at some point. And stare at my poly Caps.:monkey3

Hey Lol just realized your username is a plant type.

CA has grown on me as a character and am now on the lookout for a definitive MCU Cap for the collection. While I'm absolutely enthralled with the Concept Cap I'd like a classic blue/red/white version. Some of the previous versions are a bit difficult to track down for decent prices but nevertheless I'm looking forward to the EG.

CA has grown on me as a character and am now on the lookout for a definitive MCU Cap for the collection. While I'm absolutely enthralled with the Concept Cap I'd like a classic blue/red/white version. Some of the previous versions are a bit difficult to track down for decent prices but nevertheless I'm looking forward to the EG.
If you want a cap, I really suggest seeking out the AOU figure. As someone who's owned both the CW and AOU, the latter is by far the better looking figure structurally.

Now AOU is harder to pose. CW gets points for that. But it's at the expense of the body shape, which has a little bit of the kid-in-a Halloween costume look going on with an extremely boxy torso.

You also get the really cool magnetic shield, the only downside is that the hands are a little weird, as there isn't a magnetized fist hand, only an open one. Plus there's the TWS/AOU helmeted head, which is a fuller shape and not so narrow compared to the faceplate sculpts.

LOL my username. Yep, us U.S. eastern treehugger nature types (even if HTs are gawd-knows plastics - another reason to ratchet down the spending on HTs.) Sassafras tea is good stuff even if some article I read started saying it was poisonous. I say Pop Tarts are processed sugar and lard and are a lot worse.:cool: Plus u can chew sassafras twigs as a toothbrush....

ANYWAY. Yeah for sure ya gotta be patient with older figs re the price, and IMO since the figs do age for me, it gets to the point where it's not worth it. Took me a good while to get a bearably marked-up AOU Cap. I don't mind a reasonable mark-up, depending. CW Caps are probably my fav, but hafta say AOU has this comic book "pop" on the shelf. IMO not overdone, just perfect. Very very happy with him.

Yeah, Concept Cap looks cool but he is that, a concept. Plus with the black/white theme the skin tone is pretty pale. If I had to choose ONE Cap I'd go for CW or AOU, or even TFA for the retro look.

If you want a cap, I really suggest seeking out the AOU figure. As someone who's owned both the CW and AOU, the latter is by far the better looking figure structurally.

Now AOU is harder to pose. CW gets points for that. But it's at the expense of the body shape, which has a little bit of the kid-in-a Halloween costume look going on with an extremely boxy torso.

You also get the really cool magnetic shield, the only downside is that the hands are a little weird, as there isn't a magnetized fist hand, only an open one. Plus there's the TWS/AOU helmeted head, which is a fuller shape and not so narrow compared to the faceplate sculpts.

LOL my username. Yep, us U.S. eastern treehugger nature types (even if HTs are gawd-knows plastics - another reason to ratchet down the spending on HTs.) Sassafras tea is good stuff even if some article I read started saying it was poisonous. I say Pop Tarts are processed sugar and lard and are a lot worse.:cool: Plus u can chew sassafras twigs as a toothbrush....

ANYWAY. Yeah for sure ya gotta be patient with older figs re the price, and IMO since the figs do age for me, it gets to the point where it's not worth it. Took me a good while to get a bearably marked-up AOU Cap. I don't mind a reasonable mark-up, depending. CW Caps are probably my fav, but hafta say AOU has this comic book "pop" on the shelf. IMO not overdone, just perfect. Very very happy with him.

Yeah, Concept Cap looks cool but he is that, a concept. Plus with the black/white theme the skin tone is pretty pale. If I had to choose ONE Cap I'd go for CW or AOU, or even TFA for the retro look.

Many thanks for your input, I'll head your advice on AoU Cap, though I'd be content with either CW or AoU.

(Also agree, processed foods are worse lol)

After seeing some reviews of this, I bought the civil war regular version. Its boxy for sure but I like the design and color of the outfit. The AOU version has those armbands I cant live with otherwise i would have got that instead.

I have faith hot toys will correct the endgame cap prior to release.

I'm still interested to see if changes are made to the 2nd batch of this figure.

I am determined to wait for a proper one. I will not accept the best of a flawed bunch. They neglect all other licenses for this stuff so they damn well better make them good. I refuse to purchase box man!

My sentiments also. CW is very poseable, but AoU Cap to me I think has an underrated body. Of the Caps I have, I see Evans’s physique the most in that figure.

I am determined to wait for a proper one. I will not accept the best of a flawed bunch. They neglect all other licenses for this stuff so they damn well better make them good. I refuse to purchase box man!

LOL box man :rotfl

At least CW tho is cloth - guess we all have stuff that bugs us. Only reason I picked up IW Cap - well, he's a kitbash $$$$ was I had Bucky on order and it's a unique Cap look. But - plastics. Can't deal with the plastic flap chest of EG Cap at that price. What, he's supposed to stuff some smokes and a Kit Kat bar under that in case he needs a snack? WTF!

So I'll wait for the "definitive" HT Cap and one day pay twice as much$$$$.:devil

After seeing some reviews of this, I bought the civil war regular version. Its boxy for sure but I like the design and color of the outfit. The AOU version has those armbands I cant live with otherwise i would have got that instead.

I have faith hot toys will correct the endgame cap prior to release.

I'm still interested to see if changes are made to the 2nd batch of this figure.
It's funny you said that because that was the only reason that threw me too. Lol I'm getting the same but the two pack today for as another member put up earlier a barable markup. Me mate in aus is saying to put him on an MOS body to fix the suit problem and he said its much more posable as it's the body not the suit that does it, but then I'm timid to unglue and take it apart, and a hot toy body is never cheap... I'm also fighting with tapatalk to try and filter the threads so I can find the mos mod thread for it. I hate that it take over any link to the site i put in my phone even if i use an internet browser...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back