Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, it just comes off feeling cheap and gimmicky. "Guess who is dying in our new movie this time guys!"

Is that what they are doing? I didn't know or think any character would die in Ultron. Also, is Marvel advertising a death in Civil War? I realize these are superhero movies, but I like that they aren't invulnerable and everyone doesn't magically survive every battle. I also want a character that I don't like to not come back.

Meant this to be part of the original post. It I'm honestly kinda sick of everyone expecting someone to die. Yeah, I get that shows that no one is safe and anything can happen but you can't do it every movie cause you know that for the most part in comics and comic book movies, they're just gonna come back somehow. That's why I like how in comic books, they do not kill characters often at all. I love seeing the teams go through adventures together. I think you should kill a character maybe after two or three events, and in this case, Avengers movies.

I think it becomes cheap when it is expected in every movie. Killing Quicksilver didn't make AoU a better movie for me. I don't think it is needed really. With that said, having read the comic when it came out, I can understand a certain death in this movie. No need for more than one though.

I'm more interested in how the aftermath affects people.

Like Tony's PTSD in Iron Man 3, granted it could've been handled A LOT better but seeing heroes broken and over coming it is what I love about Marvel comics.

I could see the rumor being true, if only that it would lead up to Infinity War

Spoiler Spoiler:

I could see the rumor being true, if only that it would lead up to Infinity War

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't lie, I like the sound of that, if that were true I think that would work, that could work really well.

Couldn't the same plot device be used with another characters death though?

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have to admit... From an emotional attachment,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The MCU is long overdue for a meaningful death because the heroes haven't lost anything. Whatever they lose, they seem to regain and end the story with everything all set and happy. Time for some consequences.

I don't mind a character death here and there but everyone expecting someone to die in every movie now is becoming so cliché. Not all consequences have to come in the form of death. Bunch of Debbie Downers! :slap

I think death makes the threat and villain even more real and stronger. (Something that a lot of fans, myself included, believe Marvel has had difficulty with... especially with the villains being so throwaway)

There's no fun if you know they are going to defeat the villain without any hardships, losses or sacrifices.

I feel like the MCU has had characters who have been at the forefront too long, and it's time to let the fresh blood and new characters take the mantle.

I'm not for the new characters dying - I want the older characters dying or retiring. The films don't personally excite me as much anymore since we have already seen the same old characters team up and interact with each other again and again.

I think death makes the threat and villain even more real and stronger. (Something that a lot of fans, myself included, believe Marvel has had difficulty with... especially with the villains being so throwaway)

There's no fun if you know they are going to defeat the villain without any hardships, losses or sacrifices.

I feel like the MCU has had characters who have been at the forefront too long, and it's time to let the fresh blood and new characters take the mantle.

I'm not for the new characters dying - I want the older characters dying or retiring. The films don't personally excite me as much anymore since we have already seen the same old characters team up and interact with each other again and again.

Civil War is a direct consequence of everything that's happened so far in the MCU and that's what I like about that film. No one dies in Infinity and people don't lose their **** about no one dying in that. It's a great story.

I don't think that having a villain kill someone necessarily makes a villain more real or stronger tbh. I like character deaths when it's for a really REALLY good reason. Pietro really didn't have to die the way he did in Age of Ultron. I thought it was really weak with the way they killed him. The way Jonathan Hickman wrote all the death's in Secret Wars were extremely well done, imo. I really wish the writing in the movies could be on the level as the writing in the comic books and I think the closest they've gotten to that in the films are only in The Winter Soldier, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. Are people going to start expecting Kilowog, Artemis, or Mera to die whenever the Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman movies eventually come out? Are people going to wish that Nightwing or Bucky might die eventually.

People always complain about how the movies aren't the comics but they kind of are in a beautiful way. I see comics as multiple tv shows that all exist within the same universe and all tie into each other, that's what the MCU basically is and that's what I find beautiful about the MCU: everything ties into each other just like the comics do. But I digress...somewhat. Point is, I just think that you shouldn't have to have a villain or threat kill someone just so it makes them seem more villainous. Norman Osborn, Magneto, or Loki don't have to be killing someone every year to keep them as valid villains. That's just how I feel.

Gahh I can only imagine what the Hot Toys version is gonna look like!

vYCxNi4.jpg

While I agree that there should be consequences, I find it hard to believe that they will:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Civil War is a direct consequence of everything that's happened so far in the MCU and that's what I like about that film. No one dies in Infinity and people don't lose their **** about no one dying in that. It's a great story.

I don't think that having a villain kill someone necessarily makes a villain more real or stronger tbh. I like character deaths when it's for a really REALLY good reason. Pietro really didn't have to die the way he did in Age of Ultron. I thought it was really weak with the way they killed him. The way Jonathan Hickman wrote all the death's in Secret Wars were extremely well done, imo. I really wish the writing in the movies could be on the level as the writing in the comic books and I think the closest they've gotten to that in the films are only in The Winter Soldier, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. Are people going to start expecting Kilowog, Artemis, or Mera to die whenever the Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman movies eventually come out? Are people going to wish that Nightwing or Bucky might die eventually.

People always complain about how the movies aren't the comics but they kind of are in a beautiful way. I see comics as multiple tv shows that all exist within the same universe and all tie into each other, that's what the MCU basically is and that's what I find beautiful about the MCU: everything ties into each other just like the comics do. But I digress...somewhat. Point is, I just think that you shouldn't have to have a villain or threat kill someone just so it makes them seem more villainous. Norman Osborn, Magneto, or Loki don't have to be killing someone every year to keep them as valid villains. That's just how I feel.

I like CW also because I feel like it's indirectly mirroring today's issues, in the sense what each character (Cap and Iron Man) is standing up for seemingly indirectly mirrors the right and left wing views in what today's society has become. Even though it's fictitious, it's kind of fun and inspiring to see your favorite character standing up for whatever you feel is right, based on the side that they represent.

Cap movies seem to be more politically based in mirroring today's political issues than any of the other Marvel films.

Gahh I can only imagine what the Hot Toys version is gonna look like!

vYCxNi4.jpg

Yeah....I can't wait to see the HT Black Panther.

While I agree that there should be consequences, I find it hard to believe that they will:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:goodpost: :exactly:

Back