Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2

I think that it means he'll be an agent of SHIELD so Fury may have a larger role than he has with other stand alone films - Winter Soldier would be an ideal direction for this and they seemed to set it up with the Bucky/Cap relationship in Cap 1.

Agreed. Wonder if they will go the route of Winter Soldier being used by the Russians or could it still be Hydra?? I would LOVE to see a Baron Zemo or a Strucker being around the modern day Hydra :rock:rock:rock:rock

You could even have flashbacks to WWII that could introduce Zemo/Strucker and then explain how they got to Hydra in modern times

Agreed. Wonder if they will go the route of Winter Soldier being used by the Russians or could it still be Hydra?? I would LOVE to see a Baron Zemo or a Strucker being around the modern day Hydra :rock:rock:rock:rock

You could even have flashbacks to WWII that could introduce Zemo/Strucker and then explain how they got to Hydra in modern times

my bet it'll be linked to Hydra. Or maybe AIM :wink1:?

Winter Solider storyline will be awesome.

my bet it'll be linked to Hydra. Or maybe AIM :wink1:?

Winter Solider storyline will be awesome.

OMG, a MODOK would be AMAZING !!!! But pretty much impossible

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CFc7s4aDlM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CFc7s4aDlM[/ame]

0:05 and 0:19 FTW !!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol

My ideal storyline for Cap 2 would involve Steve Rogers finding an elderly Peggy Carter in the present. Once they reconnect, Steve still feels a strong bond towards her. In the course of fighting the movie's villain, Peggy sacrifices her life in order to protect Steve from fatal harm. As she dies in Cap's arms, Steve is heartbroken and determined to stop said evil doer at all costs. Once he defeats his foe, Cap finds a way to travel back to the past, moments after his plane had crashed in the first movie. He heads towards the appointed place for his date with Peggy. Steve enters the room and spots her sitting at a bar looking melancholy. Cap approaches her without a word and Peggy turns slowly to see him walking towards her. Her only dialogue is "You're late". Cap replies "I'm only human". They both smile, Cap takes her by the hand and leads her to the dance floor. The camera pans away as they begin dancing in each other's arms on the ballroom floor.

My ideal storyline for Cap 2 would involve Steve Rogers finding the dessicated corpse of Peggy Carter in the present. Once they reconnect, Steve still feels a strong bond towards her. In the course of fighting the movie's villain, Peggy's mummified limbs break off in order to protect Steve from fatal harm. As she crumbles to dust in Cap's arms, Steve is heartbroken and determined to stop said evil doer at all costs. Once he defeats his foe, Cap finds a time portal at a gloryhole near the Port Authority restrooms. He heads towards the appointed place for his date with Peggy. Steve enters the room and spots her sitting at a bar shooting heroin. Cap approaches her without a word and Peggy turns slowly to see him walking towards her. Her only dialogue is "Huurmmmgle". Cap takes her by the hand, wipes the drool from her mouth, and leads her to the dance floor. The camera pans away as she nods off in Cap's arms on the ballroom floor.

Sort of a William Burroughs meets Kirby & Simon love story . . . :peace

So the Russo Bros got the gig eh?

https://www.superherohype.com/news/...so-brothers-to-direct-captain-america-sequel-
Anthony and Joe Russo are set to direct the sequel to last year's Captain America: The First Avenger, Variety reports.

The sibling pair are known for feature films like Welcome to Collinwood and You, Me and Dupree as well as television series like "Arrested Development," "Community" and "Happy Endings" (the latter two of which they also executive produce). They're also attached to Ciudad, based on their own graphic novel and set to star Dwayne Johnson.

The second installment will pick-up where Marvel's The Avengers leaves off, as Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world.

Still untitled, the Captain America sequel is set to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

My ideal storyline for Cap 2 would involve Steve Rogers finding an elderly Peggy Carter in the present. Once they reconnect, Steve still feels a strong bond towards her. In the course of fighting the movie's villain, Peggy sacrifices her life in order to protect Steve from fatal harm. As she dies in Cap's arms, Steve is heartbroken and determined to stop said evil doer at all costs. Once he defeats his foe, Cap finds a way to travel back to the past, moments after his plane had crashed in the first movie. He heads towards the appointed place for his date with Peggy. Steve enters the room and spots her sitting at a bar looking melancholy. Cap approaches her without a word and Peggy turns slowly to see him walking towards her. Her only dialogue is "You're late". Cap replies "I'm only human". They both smile, Cap takes her by the hand and leads her to the dance floor. The camera pans away as they begin dancing in each other's arms on the ballroom floor.

Or he'll bang her daughter that looks exactly like her

From "You, Me, and Dupree" to Captain America? *groan*

yeah no kidding. So based off that,

Captain America will be settling down with Sharon Carter. They will then welcome Rick Jones to there to house, who will cause all sorts of hijinks. And Seth Rogen will play a background character. AWESOME

Interesting news. I'm hoping we see something brilliant from this second installment. I wasn't 'wowed' by the first, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. Honestly, it was Red Skull that kind of made me feel 'meh' about the whole thing. (I know. I know. The two are like peanut butter and jelly. You can't have one without the other, but still....)

I really enjoyed seeing Chris Evans as 'Capt.' these past two movies. He really fits the role well, IMO.

From "You, Me, and Dupree" to Captain America? *groan*

What, you didn't like the intense car chase that opened the movie or the explosive shootout on the pier at the end, where they took out that entire warehouse and nearby freighters?

;)

Yep, this is going to end up like the FF movies where they handed the reigns of that franchise to the director of Barbershop.

Expectations.... Lowered.

Sometimes I wonder if Marvel does this on purpose.

People thought the same about Whedon and Branagh. :huh
Did they? I thought they were both very reasonable choices for the material they were chosen to work with. Looks like these guys don't have much of a track record beyond comedy films and TV shows. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Arrested Development fan, I'm just not sure those guys have shown that they can do the kind of movie that Cap requires. I would feel better knowing that the director(s) chosen had a track record with this kind of film, or at least some serious dramatic filmmaking chops (as Branagh did going into Thor).

Having said that, we'll see.

Did they? I thought they were both very reasonable choices for the material they were chosen to work with. Looks like these guys don't have much of a track record beyond comedy films and TV shows. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Arrested Development fan, I'm just not sure those guys have shown that they can do the kind of movie that Cap requires. I would feel better knowing that the director(s) chosen had a track record with this kind of film, or at least some serious dramatic filmmaking chops (as Branagh did going into Thor).

Having said that, we'll see.

Joss can easily be tucked into your "tv shows" point, since Serenity's been his only venture into celluloid. Kenneth is known for his romantic comedies and Shakespearean work. Hardly what most would consider a bullseye for an action packed superhero movie.

I am not hopeful to this announcement. The wrong director can ____ up everything and you'd think with the success of The Avengers that Feige would be more choosey. Unless he chose these directors because they'll basically just follow orders and do whatever he (and Marvel Studios) wants and not stray too far from what has been established?

Okay, I admit that I poo poo'd the decision to give Cap to both Johnston AND Evans but this...I'm just not feeling.

I think I'm going to be proven correct that for all intents and purposes the Marvel cinematic universe ended with Avengers. Give me that upcoming blu-ray box set and I'll be able to call it a day. :lecture

I think my main concern is that they're known for comedies, not because they're from TV. Although I think Joss had a great track record based on just his TV experience alone. And Branagh's work with Shakespeare and large productions (like his excellent Hamlet), showed that he could tackle Thor.

These guys are known for sitcoms. The only hope comes from Welcome to Collingwood, which shows a tiny bit of potential that they can handle the Cap sequel.

And I agree with Mike that this stinks of the studio simply hiring a yes man.

Back