Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rented this and just finished re-watching it. The shakycam bothers me even more on second watch, as it's all over the place and a real distraction. Hopefully they can reign that **** in in part 3. But still very enjoyable. Holds up better than Thor 2 did for me. Probably the 3rd best comic film of the summer/fall.

Rented this and just finished re-watching it. The shakycam bothers me even more on second watch, as it's all over the place and a real distraction. Hopefully they can reign that **** in in part 3. But still very enjoyable. Holds up better than Thor 2 did for me. Probably the 3rd best comic film of the summer/fall.

When you say shaky cam, is that also Handheld shots? I dont specifically remember much shaky cam sequences except for the bridge/street fight, seemed to work alright for that section imo

When you say shaky cam, is that also Handheld shots? I dont specifically remember much shaky cam sequences except for the bridge/street fight, seemed to work alright for that section imo
Yeah, the camera shakes around like it's held by a guy who's running around the fights, and they keep switching camera shots/angles quickly so that it's hard to tell exactly what is going on. It's done so that the shot can feel more energetic, and to "bring the audience into the fight" I guess. But it makes some of the no doubt well developed choreography go unnoticed and unappreciated. This is used in the bulk of the hand-to-hand action scenes in the film.

I only think the shaky cam is bad around the Baltroc fight. Don't remember it ever being that jarring after that.

Yeah, the camera shakes around like it's held by a guy who's running around the fights, and they keep switching camera shots/angles quickly so that it's hard to tell exactly what is going on. It's done so that the shot can feel more energetic, and to "bring the audience into the fight" I guess. But it makes some of the no doubt well developed choreography go unnoticed and unappreciated. This is used in the bulk of the hand-to-hand action scenes in the film.

I felt the same way, the bridge fight scene its pretty bad, but like you said, still a very enjoyable film. I still don’t know if I liked it better than Guardians or not, I have to watch Guardians again.

I had no problem following what was going on. :huh

But everyone's viewing (perception) is different. :duff I thought all the action scenes were awesome. :D

I thought they were pretty good, as well, but could have been way better if you had clearer camera shots. Of course, you get the gist of what is going on, but you literally can't see all of it in some scenes because in the frantic editing the camera's not showing every move. Think of a Bruce Lee fight vs. a Jason Bourne fight. But this is the trend nowadays, and I suspect we'll just see more of it in the near future.

They used shaky-cam and fast cutting to make the fight feel really energetic.

The worse parts are when they use a close-up.

Like this great shot:
TWSblock.jpg

:lol

Back