Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email about 15 minutes ago saying there's no replacements...I guess the replacement situation doesn't apply to me. I reported the broken gun and shirt stripes not being even close to centered. Offered me $40 credit. Tired of going through this with Sideshow, damn near every piece this year. Even the pieces most don't have problems with come bad for me. Something's got to change.

I hate that we all jump through the same hoops to preorder, have funds available, and then patiently await the arrival of some highly anticipated statue and then by pure luck some people get gems and others get lemons. That's really lame. Everyone should be able to celebrate on the same level. It's too bad when SSC doesn't make that happen.

Wait so no waitlist for peeps?!? WTH! :mad:

I'm a bit confused now, I thought someone said they were opening one :dunno

Just got an email about 15 minutes ago saying there's no replacements...I guess the replacement situation doesn't apply to me. I reported the broken gun and shirt stripes not being even close to centered. Offered me $40 credit. Tired of going through this with Sideshow, damn near every piece this year. Even the pieces most don't have problems with come bad for me. Something's got to change.

I say **** it mate. If I am thinking correctly, you want some XM pieces? Go for it man. Spend the dough on what you feel hyped for. Seems like some bad luck. Hopefully you figure it at best for yourself.

Khev you're exactly right. It's a shame it has to be that way. I think this year (and 2013, too, really) I've been affected more than the average frequent SS buyer, it seems most haven't gone through this stream of faults and defects like I have, which is good for everybody else (I hope it isn't this bad for most), but I'm not sure how excited I should get for anything anymore since these situations keep happening. I either settle or lose out. Sorry to even be such a downer while everybody is trying to enjoy what they have, most of you want to enjoy this statue, not crying from the few of us that got the duds.

If there is a wait list I guess I wasn't offered to be on it. I emailed them back to ask about that.

I say **** it mate. If I am thinking correctly, you want some XM pieces? Go for it man. Spend the dough on what you feel hyped for. Seems like some bad luck. Hopefully you figure it at best for yourself.

I have XM Phoenix on order and I'm very excited for it! Trying not to be too hyped the way these things have been going. XM is somewhere between 2-3 times more than SS so I won't be getting XM as frequently as I do SS... 8 shipped SS statues this year so far, 5 currently on PO which is the least amount I've had on PO from SS in over 2 years, I'm hesitant to add pieces I want (Boba Fett, Batgirl, Dr. Doom) mainly because of how my statues keep arriving with problems. My goal was to add Doom to my POs after Cap arrived but I can't confidently do that right now.

Last edited:
I have XM Phoenix on order and I'm very excited for it! Trying not to be too hyped the way these things have been going. XM is somewhere between 2-3 times more than SS so I won't be getting XM as frequently as I do SS... 8 shipped SS statues this year so far, 5 currently on PO which is the least amount I've had on PO from SS in over 2 years, I'm hesitant to add pieces I want (Boba Fett, Batgirl, Dr. Doom) mainly because of how my statues keep arriving with problems. My goal was to add Doom to my POs after Cap arrived but I can't confidently do that right now.

Damn Peedi, didn't know that's how many pieces you ordered. I figure a few XM pieces may be worth it, but the way SS is pumping DC, it's hard for me to draw away. Really it all seems like of the draw, but I can probably assume Batgirl would be fantastic. Boba probably would have very little problems, and Doom, well that's a hit or miss. Sorry to hear that again, hopefully SS gets back to you about a waitlist.

Just a few left according to SSC on Facebook.

I have mine so I'm good. :lol

Oh man that really sucks. Sorry to hear this, Peedi.

I hate that we all jump through the same hoops to preorder, have funds available, and then patiently await the arrival of some highly anticipated statue and then by pure luck some people get gems and others get lemons. That's really lame. Everyone should be able to celebrate on the same level. It's too bad when SSC doesn't make that happen.

I completely agree, Khev.

After missing the UPS guy since last Wednesday I finally got my Cap last night. I have had a lot of problems with SS product the last several years with breaks and defects then getting stiffed on replacements, so seeing all these posts of broken guns had me worried. I was fortunate this time as mine arrived in one piece with no problems. I think the shield should be a bit larger and the difference in weathering between the arms and torso is just odd, but overall this statue is a winner and I'm happy to have it. If this was the last piece I ever got from SS I would be leaving on a high note, but I really want the new Fett PF.

After missing the UPS guy since last Wednesday I finally got my Cap last night. I have had a lot of problems with SS product the last several years with breaks and defects then getting stiffed on replacements, so seeing all these posts of broken guns had me worried. I was fortunate this time as mine arrived in one piece with no problems. I think the shield should be a bit larger and the difference in weathering between the arms and torso is just odd, but overall this statue is a winner and I'm happy to have it. If this was the last piece I ever got from SS I would be leaving on a high note, but I really want the new Fett PF.

Groovy, Randy, Congrats! :duff :hi5:

Had some fun arranging my Avengers display this morning:

2ypgphk.png

Last edited:

Congrats!

I suppose this is why I keep ordering. When you have these big runs you can often be the person who keeps getting the duds by chance, even if the duds are only a small amount of the total production, but the situation can change. Hopefully on my next shipped order I can be like this, too.

:hi5:

UPDATE: I just received an email from the CS manager (William), it seems they will do the right thing & do a new batch of EX hands! but there will be a wait time. Great news!

I don't know about that. I just got this e-mail back about my broken hand and the screwed up belt clasp!

"Thank you very much for your patience while we investigated your inquiry. Unfortunately, we found we do not have any replacements for your Captain America. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As we do not have an available replacement for you, please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your Captain America as is, we can offer you a $45.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase or existing preorder. If you would like to place a new order with this credit, contact us with the item number and we will book a new order for you. If you accept one of the above credit offers and need a recommendation for a type of glue to repair your item, we recommend Zap-A-Gap which comes in a green bottle and is available in most hardware or hobby stores. It is also available for purchase online.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed and I shall do my best to assist you.

Thank you so much and have a super day!

Best regards,"

Maybe I need to e-mail this Williams guy!!! :tap

Had some fun arranging my Avengers display this morning:

Avengers04.png

Looking good.

I'm missing that Thor but I have the new one on the way, we'll see how that goes. Replace your Vision with my Black Widow and that would've been my line up if not for this Cap.

SS says they only have a few of these left. At this point I wouldn't go through SS but I'm wondering if it's worth me trying to track down a regular and taking my chances on one that has better shirt stripes...or just waiting for however long it takes for some other comic Cap to come out. XM did theirs not long ago and this is SS's comic Cap for now, might be a long wait.

Back