Captain A Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! :chew

Maybe 2 styles of the Shield would be possible. A battle worn and a new one. :lol

The Cap A PF looks absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to get this
one in my collection. I've never read any of his comic storyline, but
I watched The Avengers DVD, and just by looks alone this PF is a
definite must-have piece. I say the best looking Captain America
statue/figure ever made. Any others that are even close to that
level of detail and refinement?

This is exactly why I love 1/4 scale pieces........or bigger.

JS

I don't have any SS Marvel items yet, but Cap is my all time favorite Marvel hero, I NEEEEED this thing! So cool, it's amazing! I'm really glad they went with this pose rather than some mid-battle one. Very nice!

JSAuctionService said:
...I've never read any of his comic storyline...

Get your hands on Civil War #1-4 which is out right now. That storyline alone is making Cap one of the coolest and relevant heroes right now. I think most people still have a preconception of him being some corny patriotic guy.

After that get the John Cassaday run (about 13 comics or so) and the Ed Brubaker current run.

Another must have Marvel piece here. Cap has always been one of my top marvel characters.

As for the exclusive, It looks like the hand holding the shield could be switched out with another holding Caps original shield and that would be cool to have.

Of course it looks like the head could be switched out fairly easily but Cap without the mask on holds no interest for me.

Now where do I put this one. Must find more room.

This looks freakin awesome............

As an exclusive, I would love to see the Ultimate Universe version of Cap.........not much different than this version. Time will tell.

400px-Ultimates11.jpg

Last edited:
ive never kept up with caps storylines but what makes him so special anyway?

nash said:
ive never kept up with caps storylines but what makes him so special anyway?

He is a physically enhanced man thanks to what is known as the Super Soldier Serum. That means he has enhanced strenght, endurance and agility. Cap is also a master tactician which puts him in the same league as Batman as a guy that always finds a way to win.

The guy is also an old fashion human being (after the war he was frozen on a block of ice and then found many years later by the Avengers) which makes him very likeable and inspires most of the heroes he meets. For example, Thor the Thunder God, holds Cap with the outmost respect and takes orders from him. He is basically Marvel's version of what Superman represents.

During the current Civil War saga, Cap's side has proven to be the "right" side so far despite the good intentions of the other side which has smart men like Tony Starks and Reed Richards. I won't get too much into this since we already have a Civil War thread.

I think the exclusive will be Cap's golden age shield. It seems like the most practical thing to do. I would go as far as to say they could include the extra shield and a different "patriotic" base to go along with it. That would work for me. I hope that no Ultimate versions of characters make their way to Sideshow for now. Nothing against them but I prefer classic Marvel.

While I disagree with you on the Ultimate versions of the characters SLF, I will have to say that they are probably highly unlikely to be made. 616 versions should definately be first, but as a second version of the characters, I would welcome the Ultimate versions prior to any early versions of characters.

Cap is also one of the few "regular" human beings worthy enough to have lifted Thors hammer.

Maybe the exclusive is the short lived black Captain uniform or his Nomad outift. Yowza lets go for a real obscure exclusive.

Culd be a Steve Rogers head, unmasked?

On the Classic vs. Ultimates note, I love both, the "Ultimates" is the only Ultimate line Marvel even has (I hate the others, sory just my opinion) but I wold DIE for a Kirby based Caps figure!!!! Cap. has such a good design he works in nearly every age with almost no alterations to his outfit. That's says alot about his iconic stature, he's one of few Marvel characters to go through little-no costume changes.

U-S-A U-S-A!!!! (now I need a hacksaw Jim Dugan PF to get a real American hero theme!)

Mithrandier said:
I would welcome the Ultimate versions prior to any early versions of characters.

Don't get me wrong, "Ultimates" is the only Ultimate trade I pick up. It's good, solid and entertaining. However, when I spend $300+ for a sculpt, I rather get the version that the old school comics fan in me likes. The one I grew up with. Ultimate Cap looks good but I have no emotional attachment to the character besides the "I guess it would look alright as a statue", but that's not Cap to me.

The way I see it, the whole Ultimate Universe thing will run it's course once the creative talent dries out and it's history becomes as established as the regular Marvel Universe. Then, what would be the point to have two complete Universes out there? The Ultimate stuff will no longer be a "new take on the character" and the books will eventually fade away but the stories will be remembered fondly because most were good for what they were. Lesson learned: use the same big name talent to work on your regular books. It's not the concepts/characters that are broken, but the writers being lazy and not wanting to use the stories that have come before them effectively.

At least I think so. :D

Im surprised no one has caught the big mistake in the PF. Cap's stripes are off! The red stripe should be directly below the star. Check the comicbook image in the teaser to see what I mean. It seriously needs to be addressed.

Other than that it looks like a must buy for me.

The Ultimate Universe is the line I read, all of them. :eek: I found the regular 616 too daunting to get in to. Trying to figure out what came first to get the chronology down. So it would be really cool to me if the exclusive was the ultimate version. I like his helmet being without the wings and I like the chin strap that was introduced in Ultimates 2. But personally, if the exclusive is something I can pass on it'd be a big help. :lol

Shawn said:
Im surprised no one has caught the big mistake in the PF. Cap's stripes are off! The red stripe should be directly below the star. Check the comicbook image in the teaser to see what I mean. It seriously needs to be addressed.

Other than that it looks like a must buy for me.

I see it.........surely sideshow will correct this before the production run

I think I may know what the exclusive could be...I bet it's an interchangable hand holding an American Flag.

The white or red stripe under the star is subjective. If you do a google image search for Captain America there looks to be a 50/50 ratio of white and reds stripes under the star.

Back