Can we get a Linda Carter Wonder Woman Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truly amazing collection you have, love the 1943 Lewis Wilson BatmanView attachment 170205

thanks mate but i sold most of these figure off a while ago ,
yeah lewis wilson bats is if im honest and i know im in the minority here lol ,is for me the best version of the batman on screen to date ,yeah i know its cheap looking and racist and all the rest of that stuff , but hes closer in my opinion to the original concept of batman and a great reflection of the comics of the time,a adventurer who dresses up in a bat suit to strike fear and to disguise his identity ,no fake muscles or armour for this guy ,a master detective going undercover at a flophouse as a tramp,matches malone anyone lol ,hes single minded ,takes no crap from anyone , its his way or the highway and robin and alfred better ship up or ship out ,he is mysterious,beautifly low tech ,and fights with his fists lol,no martial arse for this guy ,and stamps his bat on the criminals he catches and leaves notes for the police signed "the batman " best batman ever , sorry to derail the thread but i just wanted to speak up for this version of the batman that is sadly understandably ridiculed these days

I think it really depends on how people receive Wonder Woman at the box office. If they do a line for the Gadot version, and it sells well, and they see that there's a demand for the character, I could probably see them throwing out a Carter to fill the gap between releases. My biggest thing with Carter, or Newmar as Catwoman, or Craig Batgirl, or, even, Gadot Wonder Woman, for that matter, is how they will look. HT is really hit and miss when it comes to their female figures, it seems, and I find myself thinking, with female characters, would a "meh" figure be better than none at all?

As much as I'd love to see a Lynda figure there is a problem with this. Largely licensing and likeness rights.

Dc comics even got a cease and dissist from studio and Lynda's reps. When there comics started to look to much like her. Here is the problem with having her.

One fox still owns the right to tv show. I think. And warner owns the rights to Wonder Woman in general but only more recently compared to when this show was made. Dc still gets there cut and Lynda would sign off for a fee. That's 4 greedy hands to appease to make this happen.

Correction warner produced them and cbs and abc broadcast them. But that's still a lot of hands hot toys would have to butter to get the rights to make this figure. Can you imagine the cost of each figure.

Someone should start an interest thread and see if we can get a run going.

Nevertheless, the number of hands that need to be buttered is no more than those for any other license. There are nowhere near as many legal hang-ups for the things like the Nicholson Joker or the '60s Batman figures. In fact, I'd say that Wonder Woman is pretty straight forward, in terms of licensing. We've seen everything from Hallmark ornaments to DC Collectibles statues, and, now, the recently announced Wonder Woman '77 comic series, and the DVDs have been out for years, so...yeah, I can't really see how it would be very difficult for HT, at all; certainly not enough that they'd need to charge more than any other figure.

I think it really depends on how people receive Wonder Woman at the box office. If they do a line for the Gadot version, and it sells well, and they see that there's a demand for the character, I could probably see them throwing out a Carter to fill the gap between releases. My biggest thing with Carter, or Newmar as Catwoman, or Craig Batgirl, or, even, Gadot Wonder Woman, for that matter, is how they will look. HT is really hit and miss when it comes to their female figures, it seems, and I find myself thinking, with female characters, would a "meh" figure be better than none at all?

I can see them making Gadot from Batman v Superman, from Wonder Woman (probably the only figure for the movie) and from Justice League. She will be the DC answer to Black Widow for them :lol

Aparantly you missed the post below that one
Oops, so you did. :duff

Yeah, BvS. They'll likely make at least one figure of Gadot, & see how the masses react. Based on those results, common sense would at least suggest then that they'd consider a Lynda Carter version if the numbers look promising, akin to their past examples of West & Reeve.

Thing is, HT =/= common sense. :lol

I don't think hot toys has the gonads needed to tackle Lynda carter Wonder Woman. They know any screw up and they will be crucified.

I'll make sure to get a pitchfork ready just in case. :)

Madame Alexander is planning to release a kind of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. There's no mention of Lynda, but the costume closely resembles the season 2 and 3 version. It is not 1/6 scale, though - it's 16 inches tall. But perhaps the Lynda Carter merchandise waters are being tested...

Wonder Women

Back