Cameron will only make AVATAR movies from here on out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant wait til avatar 2 becomes the next ROTJ and people everywhere will start to switch sides.

will never happen, cant happen, if anything it will be the same or worst than the first one, I cant see it being better or even close to ROTJ

No dammit. Think about it. What could avatar 2 possibly be about ? We already explored pandora. Jake is an avatar. So what next?

Ooo wait.. It could be some like a lone soldier falling for neytiri and jakes daughter or something like that. You know what I don't know what to expect.

Cameron said it had to do a lot with the oceans of Pandora no?

anyways I am pretty sure is going to be about retaliation from the Humans, or another race of aliens invading, something stupid like that

Looking at the man's directing efforts, I see only 4 films worthy of mentioning. Terminator 1 & 2, Aliens and Titanic. Three of those four may be the best action films ever made but that was how long ago? 20 years?

Whose not to say, if he did continue directing outside of the Avatar series, that his goals would be to trump Avatar at the box office with another billion dollar film?

I'll still enjoy his original works, but overall he won't be missed.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he does with a sequel if anything for the visuals alone , especially if it's going to be in the " oceans of Pandora ".

I still have not even seen Avatar. Shame on me I know...

since you missed it in 3D in the theaters, you really are not missing much,
it has nice visuals but the story really sucks, like, really bad.
the whole reason people went Bat s__ crazy was the 3D, the effects, you take that away and you have a bad movie that looks nice

what can they really do with an Avatar 2?

much like Pocahontas, is Neytiri going to go back to Earth with Jake and then die of small pox or whatever space disease Cameron will think of

what can they really do with an Avatar 2?

much like Pocahontas, is Neytiri going to go back to Earth with Jake and then die of small pox or whatever space disease Cameron will think of

Oh My god You Got it!
or if not Earth Another Planet, a Water only Planet. is obvious really

blackmask said:
really hope there is at least 5 avatars, and I hope they get worst as it goes lol
to the point that not even the amazing 3D will save the awful stories
I wish that to happen

That happened with the first one for me and apparently many other people on this board. Refreshing to find others who thought it was an uninspired, forgettable movie.

I cant wait til avatar 2 becomes the next ROTJ and people everywhere will start to switch sides.

What the heck does this even mean? I don't get it... Return of the Jedi? What does Avatar 2 have to do with RotJ? It's gonna have Ewoks in it with the tall blue people? And muppets?

No dammit. Think about it. What could avatar 2 possibly be about ? We already explored pandora. Jake is an avatar. So what next?

Ooo wait.. It could be some like a lone soldier falling for neytiri and jakes daughter or something like that. You know what I don't know what to expect.

Did you even watch the movie? :dunno

That happened with the first one for me and apparently many other people on this board. Refreshing to find others who thought it was an uninspired, forgettable movie.

What the heck does this even mean? I don't get it... Return of the Jedi? What does Avatar 2 have to do with RotJ? It's gonna have Ewoks in it with the tall blue people? And muppets?

you have to watch this
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJarz7BYnHA[/ame]

Oh My god You Got it!
or if not Earth Another Planet, a Water only Planet. is obvious really

This is pretty much a given, considering Cameron has more or less said this himself, and the fact that he recently became the first human in almost half a century to visit the Mariana Trench (the ocean's deepest point) in preparation for the movie.

What I don't get is that no one has said a single word about what the story is going to be. Jake and Netyri go underwater. How exactly are they planning to drag that out for 3 hours?

Avatar's story, while bland, unoriginal, and borderline extremist propoganda; was at the very least present and a decent enough way to kill 3 hours. But I don't have a single clue at all what this could be about.

the only thing i can think of is a civilization of aliens living under the sea, like mermaids but Navi aliens..

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/55552

EXCLUSIVE: James Cameron is still going to do BATTLE ANGEL ALITA, but not for a while!!!

Published at: May 08, 2012 2:23:40 PM CDT

Hey folks, Harry here... when the news of that James Cameron interview hit, where it seemed he had decided that he'd only ever make AVATAR movies for the rest of his life... I felt my soul drop a bit. I love AVATAR - and I am wholly intrigued by Cameron's assertion that he can tell all the stories he wants to tell through the metaphoric worlds he can explore in that cinematic universe... It reminds me of how John Ford used the Western or Alfred Hitchcock used the Suspense genre. Or George Lucas with STAR WARS. But... *********, more than any AVATAR film, I'm dying to see Cameron tackle BATTLE ANGEL ALITA. I've been tracking that project with Jim for as long as that original treatment for AVATAR has been around. SO... I had to write Cameron to see if I should still cling to the hope that there will be a BATTLE ANGEL ALITA or if he was going to give up on it - and there would be a hope that another filmmaker might take it over. Here's what Cameron had to say...

"No. I still love that project. But Battle Angel is not going to happen for a few years." - Jim Cameron

Thank Christ! Alright folks, I can enjoy all the wonders of Pandora with the fanboy calm of knowing the the beautiful carnage of BATTLE ANGEL ALITA is in the distant future as a possibility. It will rip the spine clean from everything else. At least, that's what I imagine. So - GOOD NEWS!

I couldn't care less whether or not a Battle Angel Alita film gets made by Cameron. I've watched a lot of anime but that one never once came up as a "must see," and certainly not in live-action form.

Sounds to me like Cameron is afraid of failing to achieve Titanic/Avatar success with another property so he's just going to retreat and camp out on his Pandora laurels the rest of his life.

Back