Cameron will only make AVATAR movies from here on out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not disappointed by this at all. Cameron dreams big and usually achieves well beyond what he imagines. I doubt he knew Titanic and Avatar would be as successful as they were/are.

Yeah, Avatar was mediocre as far as story goes, but the visuals were stunning and very engrossing - some of the best ever done, and I'd go so far as to say the best ever done on that scale. Pretty much the entire environment was CG throughout the film.

I have high hopes for Avatar 2 and beyond. I can't imagine them being any worse than the original, and think Cameron will step it up a notch now that he knows what he can do with the franchise. My only wish is that we see Avatar 2 before the middle of the decade. It seems Cameron has pushed them back pretty far from what he planned. :(

Disappointed. But atleast Avatar was not as bad as TPM. And had a story, and character.

Even if they were cliche and predictable.

If it makes him happy, then whatever. He made Terminator and Aliens. So....he'll always be a winner.

It's awesome for Bill Paxton's performance alone.

I also thought it was one of Arnie's best all around performances where he wasn't playing a machine. Great job in the action and in the comedy. Especially loved his reactions to what Paxton was saying about his wife during the test-drive scene.

I also thought it was one of Arnie's best all around performances where he wasn't playing a machine. Great job in the action and in the comedy.
Apart from Dutch and Conan, it might be my favorite Arnold human role, as well. Not that those two roles needed much depth or complexity :lol

9713814_orig.jpg

so you would paint yourself blue like that to have sexy time with them?
interesting

Cameron gave me Aliens, Terminator, and helped Stan Winston come up with the design for the Predator. As far as I'm concerned, he can make as many blue cat people movies as he wants and he'll still be good in my book.

Cameron gave me Aliens, Terminator, and helped Stan Winston come up with the design for the Predator. As far as I'm concerned, he can make as many blue cat people movies as he wants and he'll still be good in my book.

not only that, but I find it highly unrealistic that he would ever make another Terminator or Aliens, that time of his career is done, he did Titanic and now Avatar,
Avatar had amazing visuals and effects, he probably spend 89% of his efforts on the visuals, and 10 percent on the story, and it shows,
if he wants to make amazing looking movies, then okay, do it, thats really good.
but I doubt he has it in him to make another really good story like he did before

so yeah, this is a good thing, I do want to see Avatar more, The first one sucked because of the human element, hopefully the other movies are not so much Dances with Wolves,
I hope he makes avatar 6 and 7, maybe ending them at Avatar 8, that would be smashing!

I thought he'd made that announcement after 'Titanic' ... in 1997.

Not a big loss. He hasn't done anything but Avatar in more than a decade ... and Avatar wasn't very good.

SnakeDoc

Very disappointing to hear that one of the better filmmakers of our time will be producing nothing that interests me for the rest of his career.

Back