Cameron will only make AVATAR movies from here on out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brace yourselves' Celtic is coming :monkey1

The bulk of the complains about 48FPS in Middle-Earth seem to be the rate’s ability to destroy the magic normally delivered by make-up artists and set designers. Those illusions can’t be too exposed or a dwarf suddenly becomes a guy with grease paint and a fake beard. Maybe that’s the point. Maybe the pantomime of movies can’t deal well (yet) with a too-bright light.

But since all the fantasy elements in Avatar are CGI, a higher frame rate might not matter on that front.

Sounds good, in practice who knows.

Good news to all of you who couldn't get enough of The Hobbit's higher frame rates.

James Cameron is looking to shoot Avatar 2 at *60* frames per second. :D

https://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/ready-for-even-higher-frame-rates-avatar-2.php

you actually literally made me spit my drink, i swear :rotfl

tumblr_lzkq8x5WUI1qmr448o1_r1_500.gif

It's not about pace. He's now saying he'll never make another movie that isn't an AVATAR movie. Like I said, that's pretty significant, especially for those who've been waiting on BATTLE ANGEL and other projects he's had in the planning stages for years that have all now apparently been scuttled.

So?? He makes a couple more Avatar movies to complete that vision he has, and retires. What's your point?
His track record will still be better than Lucas lol

Not going to see Avatar 2 then. Screw this gimmick crap.

I can't wait to watch a movie filmed in glorious SOCCER MOM HANDYCAM vision. It's going to be the most expensive film ever made using Best Buy bought digital cameras.

So?? He makes a couple more Avatar movies to complete that vision he has, and retires. What's your point?
His track record will still be better than Lucas lol

First of all, you're quoting a post I made like 8-9 months ago. :lol Secondly, what does Lucas vs Cameron's track record have to do with the fact that some of us are disappointed that Cameron won't have made a movie that wasn't TITANIC or AVATAR since 1994?

IMHO, the James Cameron that made cool genre movies retired with TRUE LIES, replaced with a tech-whore who makes movies for the lowest common denominator... and 13 year old girls.

Besides, saying his track record is better than Lucas' doesn't say much anyway. Everyone knows Lucas' career went to Hell in a hand basket. Now Cameron should join him on the island of misfit filmmakers.

I wasn't going to pay to see another god damned AVATAR movie anyway, but this definitely cinches it.

Because its too hard to simply request a ticket to the 24fps version at the counter? :cuckoo:

I do agree with you for the most part about Cameron. Something special ended for both Cameron AND Arnold in 1994. :( I just watched ALIENS again recently. How much he did with so little and how far he is from that now.

^ I have a feeling not he's going to release it in 24fps. He's that cocky like that.

And even if he does, it'll still look terrible, just like The Hobbit. It still felt very cheap to me, and the fake motion blur's were very noticeable.

Look, Avatar was cute. It had a new technology that made everyone go "ooo, awww", but that **** isn't going to fly now. Make a good movie. With a good story. And good characters.

Not gimmicks.

Hope its 120 fps, 4D, tons of lens flare and co directed by Cameron Nolan Snyder and Lucas.

Shut up Celtic . You will never understand how great avatar is. It 2013 and you still don't and now..... I must be forced to eliminate you.

Back