Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Joker wears makeup. Nicholson wasn't too old and neither would Malkovich, in fact, they are more seasoned actors than the pretentious kiddies running around Hollywood today that look like they all graduated from the former WB network and after seeing that atrocity of Die Hard 4 Tim Olyphant was so wooden and boring as a villain I cringe at even the suggestion he would be the Joker. Awful choice.

If Nicholson and Malkovich are ok for the Joker {and mind you, I wouldn't choose either] then bring Robin Williams in for the Riddler. :D

Interesting Joker dialogue going on here. I think this new Dark Knight movie is gonna be a really wild take on this guy. I hope I like it.

Nicholson was a bit large, both physically, and in presense, but I still like him in the part. I always thought he was slowly, throughout the movie, becoming the Joker in character. He was just messed up Jack at first, and was going nuts as it went. When they were up on the cathedral at the end, he was in full Joker mode at last. Sorry we didn't see more. If he hadn't been killed off, and just had gotten away...that would have been very interesting....

Anyway, glad you guys are getting some Jokers. He's core. You have to have one. :D

Hmmm lets see here why don't we take a look at the numbers:

1989 (Remember that 1989)

Worldwide box office results: $411,348,924
Production Budget: $35 million

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=batman.htm

IMO Nicholson was not only "THE" Joker but I thought he deserved millions to play the role........................oh right he earned about 60 million to play the role.

:rolleyes:

Hey, everyone here in entitled to their own opinions but "IMO" I think Jackie boy was hands down "THE" Joker and nothing even came close to comparison.

Numbers don't lie either!

Last edited:
I think Les had it right when he said Jack Napier slowly became the Joker throughout the whole film. Nicholson's line in the bell tower towards the end when he pulled out his glasses and said, "You wouldn't hit a man in glasses ,would you?", was classic Joker.

I contacted a couple of suppliers. One says it will be getting shipped in a week, the place I'm getting mine from says the customiser has taken a month leave, and so they expect it between mid to late August. Optomistic? Perhaps. I'd be happy with early September.
Where else is this available besides Toys2 and ArtofToy? Anyplace else somewhat reasonable?

This looks fantastic. *drool*

Where else is this available besides Toys2 and ArtofToy? Anyplace else somewhat reasonable?

This looks fantastic. *drool*

Just found this listing on ebay. Item number: 150152722637
It says it is ready to ship which bodes well for those of us that have preordered it.

Last edited:
Just found this listing on ebay. Item number: 150152722637
It says it is ready to ship which bodes well for those of us that have preordered it.

Well waddya know, that was the other person I contacted regarding supply. He said he didn't have it yet, but it would be about a week. :rolleyes:

1989 Batman was always a bad movie; poorly directed and cluttered with "skit" material. But the designs were great. I always enjoyed pictures from the movie more than actually watching it.

This movie came out when I was in 5th grade. At the time, I felt it was the greatest film ever to be released. Over the years, I have come to understand that it wasn't great, but it was still a fun movie. It did serve the purpose of changing how the average film viewer saw Batman. He was no longer the campy Adam West from the 60's.

This movie came out when I was in 5th grade. At the time, I felt it was the greatest film ever to be released. Over the years, I have come to understand that it wasn't great, but it was still a fun movie. It did serve the purpose of changing how the average film viewer saw Batman. He was no longer the campy Adam West from the 60's.

Of course. There were tons of movies I loved when I was little that were just plain horrible, but I loved the ideas in it. Batman works this way. Lots of cool things, great score, lots of colors and designs and gimmicks... perfect for someone in 5th grade. But no one can say it was great filmmaking by any stretch.

Of course. There were tons of movies I loved when I was little that were just plain horrible, but I loved the ideas in it. Batman works this way. Lots of cool things, great score, lots of colors and designs and gimmicks... perfect for someone in 5th grade. But no one can say it was great filmmaking by any stretch.

You are absolutely right. I can watch this like I do the old GI JOE and Transformers cartoons and laugh.

I can and I will! Heck i'm not even saying "this film was great for its time" either, this film was VERY well directed, produced, etc, etc. IMO if a film in 1989 can gross over a billion dollars only the minority can say this film was a joke.

I think, and again this is my opinion, I speak for the majority when I say this film was and is the BEST Batman movie ever made and the minority will disagree. Even Batman returns could never land such a name in Nicholson, Nicholson was paid greatly but he also mentions how in to the movie he was when it was first offered to him.

Overall and not picking at this and that, the film was a major success and remembered by plenty of fans. This film made Burton what he is, a great filmmaker!

Now before you decide to tear me a new corn shoot, its my opinion.

Voorhees27 speaks for the majority! :lol

Seriously, you're entitled to your opinion, of course. And so am I. Burton's Batman flicks are BOTH poop. Only Schumacher's total disgrace allows Burton's turds to escape the criticism they deserve. And I don't believe I'm in the "minority" on this, either. Though if I were I wouldn't care. I can't stand any of the original 4 Batman films.

The Best Batman Film Ever, to me, remains "Mask of The Phantasm", followed by "Batman Begins". :rock

I can and I will! Heck i'm not even saying "this film was great for its time" either, this film was VERY well directed, produced, etc, etc. IMO if a film in 1989 can gross over a billion dollars only the minority can say this film was a joke.

I got no problem with your opinion. Hell, I have plenty that I know people won't agree with... but here's my additional two-cents on this subject:

Lots of bad films make a ton of money. I don't think that should be a criteria for judging good filmmmaking. And lots of great films bomb at the boxoffice -- you know, like Blade Runner, the film that inspired Batman's new look.

My point was, and is, Burton's Batman is NOT on the same level as Jaws or Raiders or Alien or even Terminator or Die Hard or the first Matrix; films that had real style and great direction, and really had an impact on filmmaking as a whole rather than just dollars in the bank.

With the year-long hype prior to Batman's release, the excitement it generated -- which I was caught up in as much as anyone -- and the huge success it had, it comes as a surprise that it was such a poorly realized film in many ways. No one points to this film as an example of a great movie. A great success, yes, but not a great movie.

I got no problem with your opinion. Hell, I have plenty that I know people won't agree with... but here's my additional two-cents on this subject:

Lots of bad films make a ton of money. I don't think that should be a criteria for judging good filmmmaking. And lots of great films bomb at the boxoffice -- you know, like Blade Runner, the film that inspired Batman's new look.

My point was, and is, Burton's Batman is NOT on the same level as Jaws or Raiders or Alien or even Terminator or Die Hard or the first Matrix; films that had real style and great direction, and really had an impact on filmmaking as a whole rather than just dollars in the bank.

With the year-long hype prior to Batman's release, the excitement it generated -- which I was caught up in as much as anyone -- and the huge success it had, it comes as a surprise that it was such a poorly realized film in many ways. No one points to this film as an example of a great movie. A great success, yes, but not a great movie.

So I say black and you say white, no big deal, my comments are of ones opinion on a movie that hasn't changed in 18 years. I loved it then and still do now, regardless, we both have different feelings towards the film and its maker.

No biggie! I can understand the "Hype" factor but c'mon, a billion? I also definetly did NOT intend to plead my case based soley on $$$. I gave you the wrong impression, it was just to be an example.

To each his own, right?

Sincerely,

The Majority:lol

Back