Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but the fact is sideshow charged $375 bucks for that plastic R2D2 while Hasbro make a great nearly half scale R2D2 with more lights, sounds, movement, voice recognition and princess leia projection for $150...

I guess..... But it does not look real... R2 premium format does... Having said that I don't think they could have pulled this off with Polystone. First the thing would weigh a ton, 2nd you would not have ability to have the three or two legs and the movable dome...

But I get that the plastic is not for everyone.. The 1/6 scale is 150.00 and is plastic.... I don't know why that gets a pass but it is what it is.. I like my PFs. The droids were a must for my collection. They look fantastic and that is all I wanted. As long as I don't pick up R2 I am non the wiser :) but I can understand why someone may not want to buy because it's plastic... Without question it does feel like a toy :)

This was all I needed to cancel my WL conversion for the Fett and put my Star Wars PFs on eBay. I was on the fence about the line anyway...Too many boxes so its 1:6 for me for now.

Why??? Because it's not something new? Just wondering.

I honestly wouldn't want to buy them separately if I ever do. These droids go together, they're like PB&J!

Ok that was a **** reference, I know :rotfl

I guess..... But it does not look real... R2 premium format does... Having said that I don't think they could have pulled this off with Polystone. First the thing would weigh a ton, 2nd you would not have ability to have the three or two legs and the movable dome...

But I get that the plastic is not for everyone.. The 1/6 scale is 150.00 and is plastic.... I don't know why that gets a pass but it is what it is.. I like my PFs. The droids were a must for my collection. They look fantastic and that is all I wanted. As long as I don't pick up R2 I am non the wiser :) but I can understand why someone may not want to buy because it's plastic... Without question it does feel like a toy :)

Why??? Because it's not something new? Just wondering.

I sort of did the same thing, only because I missed the PF's originally, I decided not to get into the Star Wars line in 1/4, since there are sooooooo many characters. Had I known they were going to revisit the droids (essential), I might not have made that choice. Depending on price I might swing back the other way though.

I don't mind having mixed licenses in my collection. I like having a little of this and s little of that.

On the bright side: a friend just found the original set from a mutual friend at 660$. I'm pretty sure that with the current exchange rate, this new set will cost at least 800$ here, if not more.

Cool! I'm glad these are coming back! I missed them the first go around. Not this time! :)

Dude that's like saying they won't ever offer a specific batman again since he has a set ES at some point. We will see them again clean just not on those bases.

dude, what is up with all the star wars re-releases by ssc?! if it was close to april fools i woulda thought all these announcements were a joke. yikes!

dude, what is up with all the star wars re-releases by ssc?! if it was close to april fools i woulda thought all these announcements were a joke. yikes!

Well it is a joke... just not a funny one.

Yeah limited means open to SS. It's stupid but I thought everyone knew that ;p

Everything on their site (pretty much) says limited... the Vader 1:1 Bust exclusive which was only 300 pieces says limited, but so does the regular which was promoted as an open edition. I don't recall the droids ever being sold as an open edition; so seeing the again (like the Probe Droid and slightly altered Fett and Vader) seems very odd to me.

Admittedly I don't follow statues as closely, but for as long as I've collected Sideshow pieces I've not known them to reissue previously sold out pieces. Either they keep making them (like the 1:1 Vader or Combat Endo bust) until it's eventually retired, or once the item is "sold out" then its no longer sold by them.

Dude that's like saying they won't ever offer a specific batman again since he has a set ES at some point. We will see them again clean just not on those bases.

There is a bit of a difference in giving Bats a new costume, paint, apps and head compared to just switching the base. I don;t think SSC has ever tried that. I don;t see them switching a base to OG Hulk and calling it a new hulk... Granted I would like that :) but I don't see them doing it.

I also thought there was something about the difficulties in getting 3PO to shine like that... Perhaps that was just forum members rumor.

There is a bit of a difference in giving Bats a new costume, paint, apps and head compared to just switching the base. I don;t think SSC has ever tried that. I don;t see them switching a base to OG Hulk and calling it a new hulk... Granted I would like that :) but I don't see them doing it.

I also thought there was something about the difficulties in getting 3PO to shine like that... Perhaps that was just forum members rumor.

Well either way I don't care. I prefer the dirties anyway. I hope the bases are all slightly different so we have something a little special at least in the end.

both have weathering... if you look at the arrows... you can see it quite well

2r71vcw.jpg

Back