Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thrilled they are re doing these, didnt have the cash first time round, and ebay is just nuts, slightly disappointed they will not share a base, but I'll get over it!!

Sweet. Just starting to collect 1/4th and I know these two go for a lot on eBay, so a re-release on these I am happy wtih. Will be nice to get these. Already have a spot for them. :lol

Edit. $750 for these originally? :horror Wow..... these are going to end up being $1000 with SSC new prices....

Here I was thinking this set would be $600 or something...

They could have given C3PO the red arm and made them TFA versions, but maybe Disney didn't give them the go ahead right now. Who knows. Kinda odd they are bringing them back, but not necessarily bad as long as they aren't the same as the originals. I mean I'm not surprised that they are doing this...look at a how many variants they are pushing out these days.

They could have given C3PO the red arm and made them TFA versions, but maybe Disney didn't give them the go ahead right now. Who knows. Kinda odd they are bringing them back, but not necessarily bad as long as they aren't the same as the originals. I mean I'm not surprised that they are doing this...look at a how many variants they are pushing out these days.

Yeah, not surprises as of this week... but a month or two ago this would have been unthinkable. But clearly Sideshow is looking to cash-in quickly on some pre-existing pieces despite what the does to the value of the previously released pieces.

400$ C3, 380$ R2. I thought the original set was overpriced, can't think differently of this one, especially R2. The freaking bases don't even match in depth, the pic with both looks weird.

I like the idea of the bases, but they don't look good when you put them together. R2's base comes forward. It makes 3PO look like he's in the background.

And where is that hose going on the left side of the base (under R2's right leg)?

star-wars-r2-d2-premium-format-300509-08.jpg

star-wars-c-3po-premium-format-300508-05.jpg

damn it. now I can't unsee that : )

I like the idea of the bases, but they don't look good when you put them together. R2's base comes forward. It makes 3PO look like he's in the background.

And where is that hose going on the left side of the base (under R2's right leg)?

star-wars-r2-d2-premium-format-300509-08.jpg

star-wars-c-3po-premium-format-300508-05.jpg

Well that's just brilliant :lol

im happy with my tatooine set .. this is just not feeling right

Well if its anything like the old. There is a peg in 3po's foot and into the base. R2 is stand alone so you can move him anywhere on the base. I imagine the same idea here.

I like that they are now sold separate. I didn't get the original as it was way to much to get just R2, I didn't want that winey gold droid

Back