Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something tells me they better make more R2 than 3po since they're sold seperately. I know if I could buy only one it'd be R2.

I actually like the bases. I wish they would just sell them.

I like the bases also... I would be tempted to trade my tatooine base with someone who gets these...

So I assume you can't put 3po's hand on R2? 3PO looks odd to me...

I assume R2 will be the same as the old set and you can move him closer to 3PO.

Never realized the exclusive edition had such generic bases. Out of the 3 editions, those guys got the short end of the base stick.

C-3PO and R2-D2 Premium Format? Figure - Sideshow Collectibles - SideshowCollectibles.com

Still, I think I would have preferred the exclusive, so they look more like ultimate celebratory trophies. I was on the waitlist for it but I was shocked when it didn't convert like mine always usually do.

:gah:

The regular edition said "limited edition." In my dictionary, "limited" doesn't translate as "open-ended."

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-c-3po-and-r2-d2-sideshow-collectibles-7176/

I too only ever wanted R2, to go with my Leia and Obi Wan PF's, and hence really needed 1/4 scale. While there's been some good 1/6th scale options, nothing 1/4 for just R2.

The price is a bit steep tho, since I assume it really is the exact same R2 model (ie all development work got covered in the original release) and the only new bit is the base, which is also likely the only bit that is solid polystone and hence the total weight of it all.

Having said that, this maybe my only option for R2 and I do have $150 in reward points.

Even so, assuming it doesn't sell out before shipping, think I'd still like to wait for in-hand pics and opinions.

Never realized the exclusive edition had such generic bases. Out of the 3 editions, those guys got the short end of the base stick.

C-3PO and R2-D2 Premium Format? Figure - Sideshow Collectibles - SideshowCollectibles.com

Still, I think I would have preferred the exclusive, so they look more like ultimate celebratory trophies. I was on the waitlist for it but I was shocked when it didn't convert like mine always usually do.

The regular edition said "limited edition." In my dictionary, "limited" doesn't translate as "open-ended."

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-c-3po-and-r2-d2-sideshow-collectibles-7176/
The limited to 200 was the clean version. The other limited version was the two on a single base. Neither of those are being sold again.

yeah, I wavered on the exclusive set initially and ended up buying them for more $ in the aftermarket. Then I bought a custom base so they could be displayed together properly. I was worried SS was going to release another exclusive clean version of these "sold separately with a new base" to get around the 200 edition size. At least they didn't do that...

More reissues for quick cash grab off the movie hype. Really not surprised by anything sideshow does anymore. And the new bases are ugly as heck and don't even line up.

Lol how is this R2 even worth the money... small, plastic, bases don't align. And $379, that's nuts :cuckoo:

Well they are about the only game in town for 1/4th. You can also flex to lessen the sting.

C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

I think 1/4 Hot Toys TFA droids may be on the horizon. 3PO is obviously different. Not sure about R2 though.

Back