Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got is as a gift years ago and have him displayed in a glass case. He looks better than my attakus version!

I no longer have a dedicated phone line in the house (just cell phones). I did use it as a phone when I initially got it years ago and the sound effects were really cool, although if I recall, the reception was less than ideal (a lot of static).

Very cool piece regardless and I would recommend it to anyone.

Great news guys, my custom Yavin base has now been completed!! I have it inhand and I couldn't be happier...the base totally compliments the two shiny droids perfectly and more importantly allows then both to be displayed side by side and not on their two individual bases which was the whole reason behind this custom base being made.

I've also just ordered a new display case for these droids to go in but will take about 2-3 weeks to be made...but fear not as I'll take some quick snaps of the final base with droids on it and will have some posted here but the majority will be posted on my display thread on Friday (the link to which is on my signature)

However, as teaser...here is a pic of the base at the preliminary stages of clay sculpting. I have to say that it's incredible to see how this started and what it looks like completed. Stay tuned guys :)

e9uryhaj.jpg

very cool ! and if you use all clay for that.. as it looks like.. this is one heavy prototype my friend ! :lol

awesome! Why SS did not do something like this is bewildering.

very cool ! and if you use all clay for that.. as it looks like.. this is one heavy prototype my friend ! :lol

Thanks guys :hi5: @ ambusah - I know buddy, I mean...what is Yavin about those EX bases anyway? They are exactly the same as my Stormtrooper PF base...it is one of those bewildering Sideshow decisions that cannot and probably will not be explained :dunno it was always my intention to have a custom base made up for my EX display anyway...it was just finding the time to get my head down and measure out all the dimensions like overall size of the base, how big would the step be, etc...like you get with the Reg version, for a decent display to really work, these two droids need to be together on one base period :lecture

@ myc - :lol :exactly: oh yes, its bloody heavy!!! only problem I found was forgetting that C-3PO had a square peg that needed fitting into the base after it was completed :slap so I went around asking if anyone knew how to drill a square hole :lol :lol

create a female key of the peg... then drill a bigger hole in the base.. insert the female key .. and fill the rest around it with putty.. tata :)

Back