Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news guys, I have commissioned a fellow sculptor to build me the Yavin base that my Droids EX have longed for ever since purchasing the PF last year. Early WIP pics of the initial sculpt to follow shortly...:)

Great news! Are you going to do anything to go with the base like a backdrop or no?

Great news! Are you going to do anything to go with the base like a backdrop or no?

Thanks :hi5: at the moment I want to keep it plain and simple but until I receive the final base inhand then i'll get a better idea of what will look best. Any ideas of a backdrop? Obviously it has to be linked with the Yavin award ceremony...not much going on behind the droids other than two guys, a pillar and some foliage :lol

4a8upemu.jpg

I was mainly thinking of the pillar and the foliage. Makes sense to see how the base looks first.

That's where I would go with this too.
It'll look exactly like that scene where they are being rewarded.

I think I'm just going for the base on its own with this one guys. Keeping it simple so that it will fit nicely inside a display case...basically, I'm just trying to recreate my favourite display of these two which is taken from the Kotobukiya Droids...just love how this looks! :love

edy6y6a3.jpg

Wonder how much faster the EX would have sold had Sideshow built this Yavin base in the first place....:exactly:

I think I'm just going for the base on its own with this one guys. Keeping it simple so that it will fit nicely inside a display case...basically, I'm just trying to recreate my favourite display of these two which is taken from the Kotobukiya Droids...just love how this looks! :love

edy6y6a3.jpg

Wonder how much faster the EX would have sold had Sideshow built this Yavin base in the first place....:exactly:

Oh, no worries Roberto.
I was just saying, if I had your talent, that's what I would do. :) :duff

Oh, no worries Roberto.
I was just saying, if I had your talent, that's what I would do. :) :duff

:lol thanks so much for the compliment my friend :hi5: I think you'll like the final product ;) I'll post some WIP pics this week on my display thread (don't worry, I'll post the link here) ;)

As of now, the base mold has been completed in its initial design. It has been sculpted from clay and so the next step is to cast the the mold to polystone which will give it a more denser and heavy feel to it, just like Sideshow would do. From what I've seen so far, the base is just how I want it to look :love

Thanks for your support guys :clap

:lol thanks so much for the compliment my friend :hi5: I think you'll like the final product ;) I'll post some WIP pics this week on my display thread (don't worry, I'll post the link here) ;)

As of now, the base mold has been completed in its initial design. It has been sculpted from clay and so the next step is to cast the the mold to polystone which will give it a more denser and heavy feel to it, just like Sideshow would do. From what I've seen so far, the base is just how I want it to look :love

Thanks for your support guys :clap

Nice!

Looking forward to the WIP pics. :clap

great job ! was wondering to do that as well but time is not my friend. glad you picked up that project !! :)

edy6y6a3.jpg

Either way, it will be great!!

Hey all, does anyone have (or know someone who has) a C3PO faceplate for sale? I dropped mine and cracked it. It's hardly noticeable but I'd love to have another one without the crack. PM me if so. Thanks.

I'd like to see someone come up with a custom base for the weathered droids too.
Maybe the canyons of Tatooine or one of those dome houses Farmboy Luke lived in with that giant espresso machine next to it. :lol

27.jpg

Back