Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if you can fit another PF in the same cabinet. I have the Jawas 1/4 ordered from MYC and want to display them together. I think the base for it is a 10 in

I've already done a slight mod - I painted in the black line on the panel that opens where his arm comes out.

All the photos I took (and have seen) looks like there's a smudge on the photo over that panel and looking into it, R2 has the black line around that panel (like all the others).
Panel_zpsf4780742.jpg

I see what you did with the black line on the panel... But this sentence makes no sense to me. Clarify please.. I am slow.

I've already done a slight mod - I painted in the black line on the panel that opens where his arm comes out.

All the photos I took (and have seen) looks like there's a smudge on the photo over that panel and looking into it, R2 has the black line around that panel (like all the others).

Panel_zpsf4780742.jpg

That line is supposed to be on the outside of the panel, it's the gap between the panel and the body, like all the other panels.

Here is another small mistake. SS seems to have gotten the legs reversed. You can see the arrows point at the parts on R2 PF leg and that they are on opposite sides in the film footage.

Not a big deal but sure to drive some fans crazy :)

r2d2-star-wars-002_1199489283.jpg
tumblr_lqkrahvKcw1qc823io1_500.jpg

Of course it could just be depending on the scene because as you can see it is switched in these photos.

timthumb.php
101600204_7346949f6e_z.jpg

That's a left to right issue and I believe Sideshow has the legs and buttons/hydraulics in the correct positions. They reverse from side to side.

That line is supposed to be on the outside of the panel, it's the gap between the panel and the body, like all the other panels.

Yeah you put the line on the inside.... Of course that is not a big deal because when R2 is really dirty he has a double line boarder around the panels.

But the line is supposed to be around the outside.. If you look at both of your panels I think you will see the lines are now in different areas.

You can really see this at the end of A New Hope in the Throne Room at the end... But damn if I can find a photo of that on google.

But like I said it's not a big deal because Dirty R2 had those lines on the inside of the panel also.

Below is an example of both.

tumblr_me4xz5t9Fy1r3i8d2o1_500.png

6119261383_ccef490e2c_o.jpg

If they've got the hydraulics on the front on both the right and left, then that is more than likely incorrect. I'm pouring over the ANH photos now...

Here is the quickest best answer I could find, which was actually just recently asked on astromech.com and this answer is from tonight...

A quick summary:

In ANH, butons were mostly towards the front. But not all.
In all other movies, virtually all buttons were towards the back. Exceptions are exceedingly rare.

An example was shown in the exact same scene of the buttons moving from one position in one shot to another position in the next shot!

Last edited:
I was wondering if you can fit another PF in the same cabinet. I have the Jawas 1/4 ordered from MYC and want to display them together. I think the base for it is a 10 in

I wanted to fit the exclusives in with a stormtrooper, but that's a no-go. The base of the stormtrooper is huge, and the 2 bases for the droids might seem small, they are still too big.
Then I tried with Yoda/Clonetrooper. Yoda/Clone on the right side, C-3PO on the left, but then there's no room for R2's base.
With Yoda/Clonetrooper on the left and C-3PO on the right (both in the back), there is just enough room to fit R2's base inbetween on the front. however, now my Yoda/Clone are at an angle in which you can hardly see Yoda's front.

Last edited:
I see what you did with the black line on the panel... But this sentence makes no sense to me. Clarify please.. I am slow.

All good. Basically, it didn't look right to me without some sort of black line (be it inside the panel or outside).

I wanted to do it outside as it should be, but the outside is the panel edge so I sacrificed and put in on the inside.

Looked too "empty" to my eye without a black line.

Just received the C-3PO and R2 and can' believe how cheap it's made. R2 weighs almost nothing, complete plastic, they put some lead in it to weigh it down but mine came un-stuck and was rattling inside, the 4 pieces of glue they used to stick it fell out of R2. C-3PO head has a massive dent on it like it's hit the corner of a desk or something. At this price point this looks like a complete joke. Sideshow need to lift their game their quality issues are very disappointing. I'll be sending mine straight back to the supplier. Also, not sure why they make the base that heavy given the figures weight hardly anything at all, best to save on weight and bring the shipping costs down. Not impressed with the quality of this.

Just received the C-3PO and R2 and can' believe how cheap it's made. R2 weighs almost nothing, complete plastic, they put some lead in it to weigh it down but mine came un-stuck and was rattling inside, the 4 pieces of glue they used to stick it fell out of R2. C-3PO head has a massive dent on it like it's hit the corner of a desk or something. At this price point this looks like a complete joke. Sideshow need to lift their game their quality issues are very disappointing. I'll be sending mine straight back to the supplier. Also, not sure why they make the base that heavy given the figures weight hardly anything at all, best to save on weight and bring the shipping costs down. Not impressed with the quality of this.
a dent other than the two that are supposed to be there one on his chin the other on his forehead. :horror

Back