Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chaosorb. :wave

Hey, I've always meant to ask you; what's your user name mean?

I used to play mtg card game back in the day and it was one of my favorite cards. If used properly you could really destroy your opponent. I've been using the name for so long it just kind of stuck.

Great shot of you Ex droids!! Always love how you display you items.

Thanks for the great compliment Jaws, just purchased 2 new custom Iron Man half scale busts which I think you'll like. Pics of my temporary display is on my Show your Shelves thread. Thanks again bro :hi5:

Got my ex earlier this week, 1 word to describe it - disappointment.

I didnt bother to even set them up, the chrome paint on c3po's looks amateurish, the areas where there is detail you can see the paint stacked - signs it was just sprayed without much thought, lots plastics as well.

r2d2 finish actually looks better but no attempt were made to show the can as metal instead of plastic.

I dont have a big problem with plastic as many of you do, as long as it is done well, for $750 i expect it at least to be hot toys quality level - it is not.

Thing is repacked and in storage, i am deciding to leave it there or return to sideshow.

Not happy.

Here are some pics of my EX (#019/200). I absolutely love these guys. Both look great with great articulation and light up features. Can't say enough good about them so I'll let the pictures do the talking.

The happy couple...

R2 striking out on his own...

Damn Jawas got him again

Last edited:
Great shots Ski... Cograts!!! One suggestion.. You got get R2 leaned back more.

astromech-r2-d21.jpg

R2D2-C3PO_EP4-KEY-63_R_8x10.jpg

R2-D2_1727206c.jpg

P1190194_zps0e00222c.jpg

Got my ex earlier this week, 1 word to describe it - disappointment.

I didnt bother to even set them up, the chrome paint on c3po's looks amateurish, the areas where there is detail you can see the paint stacked - signs it was just sprayed without much thought, lots plastics as well.

r2d2 finish actually looks better but no attempt were made to show the can as metal instead of plastic.

I dont have a big problem with plastic as many of you do, as long as it is done well, for $750 i expect it at least to be hot toys quality level - it is not.

Thing is repacked and in storage, i am deciding to leave it there or return to sideshow.

Not happy.

Great point! :lecture

I don't have an issue with plastic either, but as much as I love these guys, you are 100% right; for $750 they should be Hot Toys level and if you were to compare the finish/build/etc of these vs the Hot Toys 1/4 T-800 - the Hot Toys kicks their teeth in across the board. :(

so who's gonna be the first to attempt to mod R2 ever so slightly so his restraining bolt will be located on the correct panel?

so who's gonna be the first to attempt to mod R2 ever so slightly so his restraining bolt will be located on the correct panel?

I've already done a slight mod - I painted in the black line on the panel that opens where his arm comes out.

All the photos I took (and have seen) looks like there's a smudge on the photo over that panel and looking into it, R2 has the black line around that panel (like all the others).

Panel_zpsf4780742.jpg

I've already done a slight mod - I painted in the black line on the panel that opens where his arm comes out.

All the photos I took (and have seen) looks like there's a smudge on the photo over that panel and looking into it, R2 has the black line around that panel (like all the others).

Panel_zpsf4780742.jpg

Sooooooo..... how did you do said mod fine sir?

Back