Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all. So, I have the regular droids on pre-order and am VERY excited for these. They will be my first PF(s), and will definitely be the center of my collection. I decided these guys deserved their own display, considering their size (not to mention cost). I just finished building a pedestal for them to go in my basement family/home theater room. Well, I put it in it's planned space, but feel like it may look out of place! I put my Darth Maul Mytho on it temporarily to get a feel for how it would display, but for whatever reason it just looks off to me! I attached a few pics, and was hoping you guys could give me your opinion. Does it look great, or is it taking up too much space and crowding the corner? The third pic is probably the best example of it looking off to me. I want this piece to look awesome on display, not awkward!

Beautiful room and pedestal! Agree about the poster. I'm getting the regular too and can't wait for them.

I do have one more question. Does anyone know where I can find a little name plate or something that has the Star Wars logo, maybe in a pewter or silver finish? I was thinking about putting it on the pedestal on the middle panel. I've looked online but can't find it. The closest thing I've found is a key chain, but they all have the ring on them for the key. I suppose I could cut that off, but it might look like a hack job!

Hey all. So, I have the regular droids on pre-order and am VERY excited for these. They will be my first PF(s), and will definitely be the center of my collection. I decided these guys deserved their own display, considering their size (not to mention cost). I just finished building a pedestal for them to go in my basement family/home theater room. Well, I put it in it's planned space, but feel like it may look out of place! I put my Darth Maul Mytho on it temporarily to get a feel for how it would display, but for whatever reason it just looks off to me! I attached a few pics, and was hoping you guys could give me your opinion. Does it look great, or is it taking up too much space and crowding the corner? The third pic is probably the best example of it looking off to me. I want this piece to look awesome on display, not awkward!

Great Setup!

My only feedback would be the location of the pedestal right by a door. Gotta be careful putting an open item on pedestal in the path people walk. All it takes is wrong person, one little kid, a clumsy dog or a drunk friend to knock over your favorite collectible.

I see they finally updated the Est. ship date for these two on Sideshow's website. They went from April right up to June.

Late to the party on these...

How big a hurry do I need to preorder these? Are they likely to be around for a while? Even better, is this a piece where playing the long game could result in good deals on them down the road? I can be patient, but I don't order enough Sideshow to know which pieces are going to truly sell out quickly. Any thoughts?

How big a hurry do I need to preorder these? Are they likely to be around for a while? Even better, is this a piece where playing the long game could result in good deals on them down the road? I can be patient, but I don't order enough Sideshow to know which pieces are going to truly sell out quickly. Any thoughts?

The Ex is long sold out with an ES of only 200. However, the reg is a "limited release" and will most likely be around for a while. You'd be safe in placing an order now or you could even most likely wait for in-hand pics to see that they turned out good.

Andy,

The non exclusive is a limited edition, aka no edition size yet. I wouldn't be surprised if these will be available from Sideshow and official retailers for awhile after release. I'm sure if you waited you could get a good deal.

Personally with the small detailed pieces of R2 I'm buying direct just in case of any issues!

Back