Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion is that art and beauty are more important than "exclusivity". I can understand that limited pieces make the "game" of collecting more "voluptuous" :lol but for certain massively accepted sculpts they should be going open ES.
Bear in mind that I am new to this and I may be wrong.:)

I agree completely. If you want to invest, try gold. These toys are to be loved.

That said, I prefer the regular edition this time. I chose not to PO the exclusive.

I agree that you should collect what you like, but I always think this criticism misses the mark. Most of the concern about edition size isn't about people wanting feelings of "exclusivity." Sure, some people love low edition sizes simply because it makes them feel special to own something that only a few other people have, but for the most part people are concerned because edition size directly affects price on the secondary market, and in some cases it can even affect new prices, as stores have to clearance out pieces that they have too many of.

Simply put, if the edition size is too big, you'll lose money if you try to sell the piece (and could have bought it for less if you had waited). If it's too small (as most people agree was the case with the exclusive droids), you're going to have to pay through the nose to get one later on. I think it's natural to be concerned about either of these possibilities.

There would be no reason to have such high prices or name something an "exclusive" if it was available to everyone all the time and had no set edition size. I don't care as much about edition sizes as I do about the price I am going to pay. I would hate to pay Sideshow $750 for the droids if they made 5,000 of them and I could get them on eBay for $500 a month after they come out because they made too many of them.

Yep, that's the point of these things being so expensive. The higher the price, the harder it should be to get, especially when it's a limited collectible.

You can't make a million of an item and expect the quality to be good, that's called a McDonald's happy meal toy. So when people say that they don't care how many of these are made they don't realize that these high end collectibles wouldn't exist if that happened.

I have been collecting for a while now and i have always based my collections on things that i personally want or am interested in...and not because everyone else was getting one so i had to. I believe collecting things comes from the heart and we all collect things that mean something to us, whether it be from a favourite movie, favourite character, etc...

For example, i am a massive Arnie fan both for bodybuilding and his movies. Therefore, i try my best to source out the best statues that represent Arnie in all his glory...such as the Conan PF or Enterbay's T-800 1/4 figure. Now i dont buy these pieces looking at how many of them are made but on the flipside, knowing that say 250 or a loe ES of them were made worldwide would make me even more delighted that i had bought it....not cos i could make a killing on it if i were to sell it in the future but because its a buzz knowing you have something rare in your collection that only a chosen few of us around the world have it in their collection.

I PO'd the R2/C3PO PF exclusive because as far as i know there hasnt really been a 1/4 scale statue representation of these droids before and they are iconic characters and also they are what first appealed to me when watching the movies when i was a child. The fact there is a low ES mattered nothing to me as i knew from day one that i wanted the clean version of both droids in my collection but it is great to know that i will be one of a certain few who has the exclusive in their collection - thats taking nothing away from the regular version as i like that too and more than likely will pick up the regular at some point in the future.

Got my SS email saying that my WL will be cancel soon. Oh well at 200 pieces there's really no chance for this set. I will pass for now.

When your WL cancels let me know and I will update the list. I wonder how far up the list they will cancel orders.

Well I also got the dreaded email from Sideshow about the WL being cancelled.

My time 19:45:25
Oh well

And Darth Malgus?? (Vader wanna be) gets an edition size of 500 :cuckoo:

Well I also got the dreaded email from Sideshow about the WL being cancelled.

My time 19:45:25
Oh well

And Darth Malgus?? (Vader wanna be) gets an edition size of 500 :cuckoo:

Agreed. The way SSC handled the droids EX is MOST retarded fark-up they have ever made.

i havent got any either . well lets hope not

Well i believe that they'll keep about 5 wl and cancel the rest, if anything happens later on like a huge cancellation then it will be reopened but we'll see. Most of us will get the email including me so it was worth a try to go to wl on release day but if it does get cancelled then i'm hoping for a reopen later on. If not no biggie i can move on. :1-1:

I don't understand why sideshow chose such a low ES. I was lucky enough to be on break at work when the PO went live. The silver lining on the droid cloud is that the regular edition is still bad @ss.

I don't understand why sideshow chose such a low ES. I was lucky enough to be on break at work when the PO went live. The silver lining on the droid cloud is that the regular edition is still bad @ss.

You really can't go wrong with either. Although I really like the single Tatooine base. Personal preference I know. :wink1:

You really can't go wrong with either. Although I really like the single Tatooine base. Personal preference I know. :wink1:

Even the regular edition is amazing.

I only wish they had made the ES the same with both versions. That way I could save up and buy both!:hi5:

Back