Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up an EX for 875 :yess:

I saw it first! But didn't pull the trigger for 45 mins. Then it was gone. I was wonder if a member got it. Congrats! It's the same price as a reg, well almost. :clap just was wondering do you trust this seller? eBay and paypal won't cover anything 6 months from now. :dunno

Indeed.
I hope you got it from a respected trusted seller.
Because these two will fetch easily $1200 in the future and the seller may rethink his/her selling strategy.
I would go as far as say that C3-PO alone will go for $800

I saw it first! But didn't pull the trigger for 45 mins. Then it was gone. I was wonder if a member got it. Congrats! It's the same price as a reg, well almost. :clap just was wondering do you trust this seller? eBay and paypal won't cover anything 6 months from now. :dunno

It's insane to buy anything from anyone on eBay this far from it's release day. What's to stop the seller from just taking the money after the buyer protection period expires? Nothing. Can't file a complaint through eBay or Paypal.

Just asking to get the money stolen.

It's insane to buy anything from anyone on eBay this far from it's release day. What's to stop the seller from just taking the money after the buyer protection period expires? Nothing. Can't file a complaint through eBay or Paypal.

wise words.

I will also be very surprised if the exclusive fetches much above retail. these are bloody expensive to begin with and the majority of star wars die hards seem to prefer the regular version.

That's exactly why I would recommend against doing this. But congrats if he makes it out with the set.

Sellout - 6/26 - approximately 18:13 GMT or 2:13pm EST

Wait list - 6/26/12
(bold = converted wait list orders)
(Cancelled)

18:14:50 - swabie2424
18:15:44 - bountyfett
18:16:02 - Took
18:17:52 - ST11138
18:20:15 - Capulet1984
18:23:37 - IrishJedi

18:26:16 - mao86
18:26:23 - Zodach
18:51:58 - chosenone
18:52:48 - vorpoll
18:55:55 - msjedi36
19:02:00 - victorc73
19:02:48 - olivier
19:07:02 - stezz_dout
19:18:42 - badboy074
19:27:xx - newmennium
19:40:02 - dipengrey
19:45:25 - swvendigo
19:46:50 - Chaosorb
20:07:51 - something sexy
20:29:23 - Enthus
20:33:xx - wanderlai
20:44:30 - comicbookguy

Wait List - 7/12/12

11:22:38 - MasterSafara

updated

Man, looks like I *JUST* made it in, eh? Last one to convert? :horror :panic:

Still seriously considering flipping the Exclusive 3P0 when the time comes as I also have the regular set on order (I really just wanted the Exclusive R2 and don't need two of each droid). We shall see. I feel lucky having had my WL for the Exclusive converted, though. :pray:

There will be more conversions as the release date nears, but probably not many. Mao86 and I are still sitting at just under 3 minutes from the last confirmed conversion. Hopefully we will be joining you guys in the next few months.

wise words.

I will also be very surprised if the exclusive fetches much above retail. these are bloody expensive to begin with and the majority of star wars die hards seem to prefer the regular version.

:goodpost: The only reason the EX is so sought after is because of the very low ES. I think the piece brings very little to the table beyond the clean paint apps. The bases are a complete cop out and have nothing to do with the Yavin scene from ANH and why is it more expensive then the reg version anyway? Makes no sense to me.

I much prefer the reg version as it is more screen accurate which is why I ordered it over the EX.

:goodpost:
my sentiment exactly. I will never dare to loose money on this sort of stunt.

Oh I had those reservations - so I messaged some of the people who did preorders with him in the past. All seem to have gotten their item and have nothing but glowing compliments to give the guy. There was one instance of the preorder not being fulfilled, but money was given back. So from those, it seems like the risk is low, so hopefully that's accurate

Last edited:
There will be more conversions as the release date nears, but probably not many. Mao86 and I are still sitting at just under 3 minutes from the last confirmed conversion. Hopefully we will be joining you guys in the next few months.
Hang in there Zodach. There's still a chance.
As this gets closer to release, other things get announced and people start prioritizing/budgeting. Basically, there still could be cancellations.

:goodpost: The only reason the EX is so sought after is because of the very low ES. I think the piece brings very little to the table beyond the clean paint apps. The bases are a complete cop out and have nothing to do with the Yavin scene from ANH and why is it more expensive then the reg version anyway? Makes no sense to me.

I much prefer the reg version as it is more screen accurate which is why I ordered it over the EX.

Did you have the chance to order the EX when it went live? Just saying.

For the record, I agree with you. Love the weathering/worn look of the regular and I think it brings more details than a clean look.

Oh I had those reservations - so I messaged some of the people who did preorders with him in the past. All seem to have gotten their item and have nothing but glowing compliments to give the guy. There was one instance of the preorder not being fulfilled, but money was given back. So from those, it seems like the risk is low, so hopefully that's accurate

How do you know who dealt with him in the past? Through eBay? They have anonymity now and you can't see other eBay members who bid or buy from people.

How do you know who dealt with him in the past? Through eBay? They have anonymity now and you can't see other eBay members who bid or buy from people.

True. For every bid that someone makes, all I see for their name seems to be encrypted/scrambled.

Did you have the chance to order the EX when it went live? Just saying.

For the record, I agree with you. Love the weathering/worn look of the regular and I think it brings more details than a clean look.

Yes. I saw the EX go up for PO and was not impressed with it so I immediately ordered the Reg. My opinion of the EX hasn't changed since the first time I saw it when it went up for PO.

True. For every bid that someone makes, all I see for their name seems to be encrypted/scrambled.

You go on their feedback, see who left feedback, in this case for preorders, and those names usually show up. Click the name, contact member, send a message.

Back