Buttmunch's Beautiful Bumbling Blunders of Boredom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad bro! I like it! The only nitpick would be the face, would be nice to have a little darkness in the crevices. But overall, especially for someone just starting out. One HELL of a kitbash. And it looks like Grundy, all the way. :rock

Good job, can't wait to see more man. Keep it up. :chew

I did give it a grey wash, but it just isn't showing up too good in the pics, mostly because there wasn't a lot of crevices in the face to begin with. It is visable in person, but it isn't VERY dark. Just dark enough to bring out the few details that are there. The green is probably hiding a lot of it as well. I will give it another go though, because I think you are right. Just look at the Joker. The darkness around his eyes really makes them stand out and makes him creepier.

The chest, however, benefited the most from the grey wash:

imgp3172qy8.jpg

And thanks again for the support Josh. I think you and I think quite a bit alike, so having your support is really appreciated. :duff

But as you said, it definately takes time to get good at this, and I'm just starting out. But so far, I have been happily surprised by my results thus far.

NICE! I love the chest detail, very very very well done. I'm really proud of you bro, your figures get better and better. I know you will have a great career ahead of you. :rock

Thanks Josh.

Here is a quick (fresh) pick of Grundy with your added suggestions:

imgp3173bw8.jpg

I do think he looks better now. I also darkened the chest detail a bit.

Awesome! He looks nice and gross now! It really does help sell the aggravated tissue that is oozing out the sludge. And he certainly looks like he's dead. :rock

And thanks for the Gotham Times. Got that in the mail today, was very very cool of you!

Oh, glad you got my stuff today. I thought you would enjoy the Gotham Times. Its nothing spectacular, but I thought it would help show my appreciation for all of your help on my custom Joker. Heck, without you, I wouldn't even have the most important piece- the head! :lol

Thanks again for helping me with that shirt, tie, and trenchcoats.

PS And yeah, I agree with you on Grundy. Thanks for the suggestion, it definately up-ed the gross, zombie factor.

Wow, that chest is great! Definitely on par with the heavy hitters on this board. The face is a bit bright for my tastes, but maybe that's just the way the character is? :confused:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you turn out next. btw, is he going to appear in your stop-motion? Or did I miss that?

Wow, that chest is great! Definitely on par with the heavy hitters on this board. The face is a bit bright for my tastes, but maybe that's just the way the character is? :confused:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you turn out next. btw, is he going to appear in your stop-motion? Or did I miss that?

Well, I wasn't planning on having Grundy in it, but maybe I'll throw him in for a quick cameo. Glad you like the chest. I too felt I pulled that off well. Are you saying the green slime is too bright, or the face overall? The character is supposed to have white skin (like the Joker), but the silme is something I ran with based on this exclusive variant figure:

sdcc06grundy10.jpg

sdcc06grundy11.jpg

Are you saying the green slime is too bright, or the face overall?

Just the slime; the face is hardcore. I don't know if it's that the slime is too bright or if there isn't enough texture or if I'm just nuts. Looking at the pics you posted, it definitely matches that, so maybe it's just me. Overall, I think it's frickin' brilliant :rock

The color I used was called Glow-in-the-dark-Green :lol So that would make it pretty bright. It doesn't actually glow though. It does have that radioactive waste feel to it though, which is what I was aiming for.

Plus I took that pic before the paint had completely dried, to it has dulled a bit sinc then.

My Giles should be here on Thursday, which will give me the last remaining vital pieces for my Dark Knight Joker.

For those of you that have dyed 1:6 scale stuff, what containers do you use? I used a BIG bucket around Halloween to dye my costume but I know I don't need anything of that size for this. Also, how much of the dye would I use (I got the liquid Rit dye in Green and Purple, and the boxed power of Blue)? I'll wait to till the trenchcoat comes before I do the purple dying, but I should be doing the green and blue, hopefully, on Friday.

Well, I usually just eyeball... If it's the package, I just pour it all in. If it's the bottle, I put a third in there. Any container works, just make sure the water is hot.

What trench are you using? I know that in my experience... a lot of the ones on the market don't take the dye very well. Same with suits.

But I've found a few that work great. The Apricot suit from Store-rooms dyes very nice. The Trenchcoat from there is also very very good, just have to use the color remover first before dying to get the color to show up. I'm going to try out the gray striped suit of theirs soon, so I will let you know if it works as well.

I was hoping to use one the the trenchcoats from you actually. Would CSM's or Eddie's dye?

And I know what you mean about suits not dying, I experience that in full scale at Halloween :lol That jacket weighed a ton afterwards and only the insides dyed.

I'm just hoping Giles' outfit will work. Do you think I should use the color remover on it first, or just dye it?

Have you had any experience with fabric paints? I saw some of those at the craft store and wondered if they would be a good plan B?

I was hoping to use one the the trenchcoats from you actually. Would CSM's or Eddie's dye?

And I know what you mean about suits not dying, I experience that in full scale at Halloween :lol That jacket weighed a ton afterwards and only the insides dyed.

I'm just hoping Giles' outfit will work. Do you think I should use the color remover on it first, or just dye it?

Have you had any experience with fabric paints? I saw some of those at the craft store and wondered if they would be a good plan B?

I've tried the CSM coat... won't take dye. Eddie's does.. but it doesn't stay dark. It turns out a very Easter purple. :lol

Giles outfit might work, and thankfully it is light enough that you won't have to use the color remover.

As for the Fabric paints, I don't know. I don't like them normally, they dry kinda odd. I have watered down paint and brushed regular acrylic onto the vests I am using and they are taking it pretty good. Look nice.

Seriously, if I were you man... I would just take the plunge and get the storerooms suit if the Giles one doesn't work out. Or at least get the trench. It's amazing and it dyes perfect. :duff

But if you do want the Eddie coat, I can send it to you. Maybe you will have more luck. :lol

Maybe a whole bottle of dye would do the trick :lol

We'll see how Giles' stuff dies before I try Storeroom's stuff. I could use the suit and everything included with it, but it costs so much though. Obviously that trenchcoat is the hardest part of the whole outfit, besides the design of the shirt of course.

Got any pics of that Easter Joker coat? :lol

If I can't get anything to work, I'll just have to take the Storeroom plunge.

Does color remover come with the Rit dye, or is that something you have to buy extra? Or by "color remover," do you just mean "bleach"?

It is something seperate. I didn't see any in the liquid bottle form, just the little power boxes, so I only got one box. I'm sure bleach would work too though, but maybe not as evenly.

Giles arrived today. IF the outfit dyes, he will definately be one of the best base figures of all time. His suit is perfect for the Dark Knight Joker, plus he includes extra hands, a cross, sword and the ever elusive 1:6 glasses that don't look too goofey.

Even though the outfit is nowhere near ready, I couldn't resit seeing what it looks like so far. It actually looks alot like Josh's first attempt at the moment (which is where his shirt and tie are at currently).

dsc00115ep4.jpg

dsc00116bv9.jpg

dsc00117ow4.jpg

Tomorrow I don't have school, so I will be dying. Hopefully the suit will take to the dye, or else I will die. :lol

I decided I couldn't wait, and went ahead and dyed the vest tonight. When this material gets wet, it turns black. On top of that, the dye is practically black. So right now I'm waiting for the vest to dry to see if it took the dye. So far, it is looking like it did! But it is still so DARK I can't tell for sure. I just hope it lightens up now. :eek:

So it looks like the suit will dye. Only problem is that green was SO dark, it just looks black now. I'm going to have to use the color remover and try again. :monkey4

Back