Buttmunch's Beautiful Bumbling Blunders of Boredom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les sent me one more pic!

lesjoker4qc3.jpg

It was an honor to paint that head for you Buttmunch.
Josh did an amazing job on it, and this remains my favorite head of all those I have seen thus far out there. His full out customs are gonna rock, and this head is one reason why! :rock
You guys are lucky to be getting one from him. I know he's working hard to make them great.

Glad to be of service, and thanks Josh for allowing me to paint this one. :D

It was an honor to paint that head for you Buttmunch.
Josh did an amazing job on it, and this remains my favorite head of all those I have seen thus far out there. His full out customs are gonna rock, and this head is one reason why! :rock
You guys are lucky to be getting one from him. I know he's working hard to make them great.

Glad to be of service, and thanks Josh for allowing me to paint this one. :D

:bow And it was an honor for me to have you paint it. It was also an honor for me to be able to get one from Josh. He really did do a great job on this. Now the wait is killing to finish this custom.

Love seeing another paint up of Josh's amazing sculpt... he really rocked it out and Les did it proud :rock

Holy balls, that is amazing :eek

I have some serious Joker envy going on right now. Les + Josh = :bow

I finally got my Ledger Joker Head from Les and Josh today! The sun washed him about a bit, but he still looks great. Les pics probably do a better job showing the details (which are amazing!) so consider these two pics exclusive to my thread. I was only able to get these to shots before my camera battery died:

dsc00095aw7.jpg

dsc00096xa9.jpg

And I sent of my Joker shirt and tie to be fixed up by Josh today. :rock

Badass!! Nice shots bro... It looks fantastic! Les' workup on this head even influenced the heads I am working on now. :lol

And great work on the Zombie and dio. I love the wooden floor idea, perfect explanation of the boarded up house. :rock

Thanks for the compliments Josh. Glad to hear that Les' work is only going to improve upon your already great Jokers.

As for the house, I always wondered where they got the board from in horror movies. I don't know about you, but I don't leave 2X4s lying around the living room. So a hardwood floor that gets torn up seemed logical to me.

Thanks for the compliments Josh. Glad to hear that Les' work is only going to improve upon your already great Jokers.

As for the house, I always wondered where they got the board from in horror movies. I don't know about you, but I don't leave 2X4s lying around the living room. So a hardwood floor that gets torn up seemed logical to me.

Oh, it's the perfect answer to that question. I've wondered that same damn thing! Who has 2X4's just lying around? :lol

:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

BADASS! Perfect bro. Exactly what you were aiming for... I like it. Can't wait to see what else you have in store... :monkey5

Thanks for the support as always Josh. :rock

What you can't see in that pic is that the lower three fingers are melted together at some point. I'll try to get a pic in better lighting tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure anybody that has been paying the slightest attention to my custom ideas know who that hand is going to belong two.

Thanks for the support as always Josh. :rock

What you can't see in that pic is that the lower three fingers are melted together at some point. I'll try to get a pic in better lighting tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure anybody that has been paying the slightest attention to my custom ideas know who that hand is going to belong two.

Nice turn of phrase. :rock

Can't wait to see it man, looks great so far. I love the colors.

Glad you like it (and caught the hint). A more realistic burnt color really hasn't been used on this character yet as far as I know. I must have put on at least 10 different layers of paint to get that look. Sadly, it actually looks better under the flash. It looks mostly like a brown hand except those spots of lightness.

I'll probably rework the colors tomorrow. I don't want the face looking ending up like I combined Billy Dee Williams and Tommy Lee Jones :eek:

:lol yeah, I'm starting to think the hand is just too brown to look "burnt."

I'm hoping to get that Crispy Mustafar Anakin look. So I'm guessing I should go over it again with some red and then carefully drybrush some black on top to give it that crispiness. Does that sound about right DA?

Here is the touch up I did to the hand. This thing is so hard to get a decent shot of, but I think these are clear enough. I feel this definately looks more burnt, than just brown. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

imgp3169re4.jpg

imgp3171zw8.jpg

Unfortunately I won't be able to work on the head until I finish my stop motion project because I plan on using "George" for the face.

Here is a character I honestly don't know much about, but still think he looks cool. I'm talking about DC's Solomon Grundy. Basically DC's version of a bad-guy Hulk. Plus he is a zombie and I've never met a zombie I didn't like (until I saw Subject 805's new paintjob).

I was going to save this for the third figure challenge, but figured since this was one of my first attempts of turning an existing figure into something else, I thought I'd better not let it tarnish the other (better) figure's I have planned.

Just like the character, this figure was born on a Monday and finished on a Sunday (although it wasn't the same week). There was a Mattel SDCC figure from the Justice League cartoon a few years ago. A variant had a bright green, toxic slime sprayed on him. So that variant influenced me to give my Grundy green slime running out of him. To me, this toxic waste it what made him a super-human zombie, and when he woke up, the excess slime ran out of him. It might not have been the best idea, but I thought it ended up looking fairly neat.

So without further rambling, here is Grundy:

dsc00102my4.jpg

dsc00103xw6.jpg

dsc00104sp3.jpg

dsc00105vj2.jpg

dsc00106dg9.jpg

dsc00107fm9.jpg

Any comments (both good and bad) are appreciated to help me further my skills. Because, honestly, I'm just starting to toy with painting and haven't even come close to mastering it yet. And yes, the suit is shiny in person because it was a cheap 12" figure's suit, but since this figure was more a test of my current skills, I thought it would be OK.

For those curious, the base figure is a WWF Stone Cold Steve Austin 12" figure (same body as the Conan figure Lord Vicious is working on). So sadly, he isn't monsterious compaired to other 12" figures, but he is definately buffer. Sadly he can't stand on his own though (partially from having to cut his heels off to get his foot back into the boots).

Back