Buttmunch's Beautiful Bumbling Blunders of Boredom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone else has a spiffy title so I thought I should have one too.

I'm just starting customizing so I don't have a lot to show right now. But right now I am working on a stop motion project for my animation class. Last semester I did two 20 second skits with zombies and my professor loved them. This semester we have to make a two minute short using any traditional form of animation. Last semester I found stop motion to be fairly easy compaired to, say, Cel animation (anyone who has tried this knows what a pain in the butt it is to do).

So I thought: zombies + stop motion = using Sideshow's The Dead figures!

Our figures really are great to use for stop motion since they can move in pretty much anyway needed. Robot Chicken is a great example of how they can be used effectively.

So, the main challenge of my piece was to have a main character and a set. I went with Sideshow's Endor Rebel Trooper since he has no known likeness and wouldn't scream "Thats Luke Skywalker" or something along those lines. Second, I had to build a set, which I just finished today. Now the set shown in the pics below is only set up for the pics. You can see black tape and gaps between the walls. These will be fixed and seal off when I shoot, but since I can't transport this all put together, it doesn't make sense to.

One thing I would like to point out. In zombie movies they always board up the windows. I always wondered who has plenty of two by fours lying around to board up the windows and doors? So I answered my own question by having a "hardwood floor." Note the torn up floorboards used on the door and windows and the padding "underneath" the wood.

I feel I am starting to ramble, but I thought I'd share this. I will probably post tomorrow two marvel figures I customized (Marvel Legend size) as some of my first attempts before I moved on to 1:6. I'll probably also show MY attempt at a Ledger Joker head and more pics of my Ornament Zombie.

I also have two figures (one almost finished, the other just started) for the Third Figure Challenge, with at least two more ideas. I have no idea if/when I will finish them though, but I am dying (no thats not a hint) to show the one I started tonight.

Anyhoo, enjoy and let me know what you think.

dsc00061px0.jpg

dsc00062kg4.jpg

dsc00064of4.jpg

dsc00065ho5.jpg

dsc00066wa3.jpg

Awesome work man , loved the ripped up floor boards on the window idea. Extremely creative. This should work out great. Hope the professor likes this one as much as the last. I'm sure he will man !.
Awesome stuff!. :rock

True Story: My first stop-motion animation project "Bad Day for Barney" got me suspended from middle school. Not because of the non-stop blood and violence, but because of the beautiful love scene (which was sort of censored, btw) that featured Snuffleupagus and Barney getting down to the mad passion while Big Bird bore witness to the whole ordeal. Well, Big Bird busts in packing heat in a jealous rage and well...

Anyway, it's about time you start your own thread :rock

Well, it is technically tomorrow for me, so here is my first real attempt at customizing. It was McFarlane's Shaft figure. We all know Ultimate Nick Fury is based on Samuel L. Jackson, particularly Shaft. So all I did was sculpt an eye patch on and painting it. Pretty simple, yet still cool (to me anyway).

dsc00070fk1.jpg

dsc00071zx6.jpg

More coming...

Here is my second attempt at customizing a marvel figure, although not as noticeable. I picked up the Spiderman 3 360 Sandman figure for $11 bucks at Wal-Mart knowing I would be repainting (part) of it. The sand was a horrible yellow color. Something between egg nog and cookie dough. Nothing close to real sand. So I mixed up some sand color using dark brown, white, black, flesh, and yellow. I am particularly proud of how well the sand on the face looks. I also darkened his hair a tad and painted the steel girders (they were just that "sand" color before). They could stand to be a bit darker though.

So this was my first entry into real "re-painting" and I think it came out quite well. I just wish I took a "before" picture so show the difference.

dsc00072be4.jpg

dsc00073zl9.jpg

dsc00074wi8.jpg

Last update for tonight.

Here is my first attempt at creating a "new" figure. It is the start of a Leder Joker, without a Ledger likeness (it's Sideshow's Eddie Rickenbacker figure). So basically it is similar to DA's first Joker figure he made (which my starting actually helped get him working on both his Jokers). I first used this horrid curely hair that made him have a green fro. I eventually found this more straight hair (now he looks like an '80's rocker). Still not happy with the hair, but it looks much better now then it did before.

Something unique about the face paint is that it really is face paint! I used left over Halloween face paint and red lipstick to paint up the figure. I actually painted him up nice, but just over the course of handling him, it has gotten messed up - just like in the movie!

As you can see it is far from finished and DA's Ledger Joker head (along with Les' paintjob) will eventually be replacing mine. I might eventually make my own version of the Joker much like DA did with the head. But until the masterpiece Josh and Les are making for me arrives, this will do.

The makeup really does look better in person though, especially the red lips. You can see the scars better in person.

dsc00067hv6.jpg

dsc00068wd1.jpg

dsc00069hz1.jpg

I'll post more pics of my Dead Ornament figure tomorrow (can be glimpsed in the window of the house diorama).

Last edited:
NICE I graduated from the U as well!!! Very cool being in the film school! Congrats!

Rock on! I'm pretty sure Pixletwin just graduated from the U. I think that means the Captain is the only BYUer here, but since he isn't from Utah, I'll let him live :D

BTW, I don't want this to sound like bragging, but I guess it is no matter how I put it. My high school (Jordan, home of the Beetdiggers :rock) had a program where I could earn college credit (through SLCC) at the same time as high school credits. Basically they were AP classes without the test. Anyway, I was able to take enough of them that I graduated from SLCC with my Associate's Degree BEFORE I graduated high school. They wouldn't give my my degree though until I graduated from highschool, but I still got to miss high school to walk at the college.

Another cool note, I graduated high school on: 6/6/06 :devil

Last edited:
Some more info on my animation.

It is due the end of the semester (around the end of April) so I plan on Subject 805 to make at least a small apperance.

I also hope to post it here somehow (Youtube?) so you guys can have a chance to see it.

I also hope to maybe use some clips in the commercial contest, but might just recreate some of the scenes on video (we are using 16mm film).

If you guys have any ideas or suggestions I could use, I am open to them.

I will say this: THERE WILL BE BLOOD :lol (that axe does more than dig up the floorboards... beheading).

Here is a list of the figures I will use:

Endor Rebel (different outfit), named George (after youknowwho)
Prophecy Girl Buffy (screaming woman)
Patient Zero
Subject 5
Subject 57 reg/ex
Subject 560 reg/spook
Subject 805
Subject Ornament
"beheaded" zombie (you'll probably laugh at the source figure)
maybe a few NECA zombies in the background to give a sense of depth

Pity. You're both such nice people, too.

:lol

J/K, I'm one of the only people at the Y who still thinks the U is a good school. I think I'm the only Y student here!

I think you indeed the only Y student here. Since you are from California I think that is why you still think the U is an OK school. You are unbiased. Personally I really could care less about the whole BYU vs UofU thing, but since I go to the U I have to side with them.

But hey, the good news is the Y and the U each have a Sideshow Collector currenlty going to them. :D

Hey Buttmunch sent you a PM

as I say in the PM Im an animation student also

Did some animation

using a Hot Toys Batman Begins and Mcfarlane Alien

Here : https://www.bluestardesign.com/3ddesign.htm

I was wondering where that facehugger crawling over the Batman logo came from. Looks like you got quite a bit of movement out of that McFarlane Alien. I would have guessed it to be a Hot Toys one.

Like I said, I don't have much work to show yet, or really won't until July 20th, so I thought I'd share another pic of my Ornament Zombie.

dsc00076ua0.jpg

My thread has been pretty weak until now. For those of you kind enough to to stop by my humble thread, you get a early sneak peek before I post these in the creators' threads! Here is Les' amazing paintjob on Josh's Fantastic Heath Ledger Joker!

lesjoker1np6.jpg

lesjoker2ro3.jpg

lesjoker3jr7.jpg

These are all Les' pics and I my jaw literally fell wide open when I saw these.

Josh will soon be working on my Joker shirt and tie, so all I really will need to get are some pants and a vest. I'll obviously need to do some serious dying on most of the clothing, but I think with the piece of art that this head is, I could put it on ANY body in ANY outfit and it would still be amazing.

Thank-You so much Les and Josh for this amazing piece! :D

Holy crap that looks amazing!!!

Oh and I LOVE the zombie room. Very creative to use the hard wood floors for the windows boards:rock

Also the title of your thread is classic:lol

I am looking forward to seeing you 2 minute film:rock

When is the world premiere?

Thanks for the kind komments King. I have about a month left of the semester, so wether it is ready or not, it will be done by then :lol I'll definately try my best to post that here somewhere for you guys to see.

And I'm glad at least one person got a kick out of the title. :)

Back