Burton + Depp = Dark Shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Dark Shadows fans were hoping for more Sleepy Hollow and less Beetlejuice. I was never a huge fan although I did watch some of the Ben Cross remake. It's very difficult to take cheesy 70s vampires seriously nowadays, so I'm kind of interested in seeing this. But not that excited about it.

Here's the poster...
I like it!...

423405_315165858544055_164201903640452_827412_1943877503_n.jpg

I think it could be fun. I definitely wasn't expecting it to be a comedy. Apparently no one else was either.

I'm also sure that if it was serious, people would still complain about it.

The trailer was pretty hilarious to me, and this one was not on my radar...at all

Probably going to piss hardcore fans off to no end, but I really dug that trailer and laughed a lot. I haven't liked a Burton/Depp film in a while but this might be pretty damn good. It will be crushed by The Avengers though.

Wait, some original fans are still alive?

Last edited:
Don't know anything about the show this is based on, but I have to say this looks pretty awesome! It certainly reminds me of Beetlejuice here and there! I'll most likely check this out in the cinema when it hits! :rock :rock

I was never an avid watcher of Dark Shadows but i've seen enough episodes to know it shouldn't have been made a comedy. Wont buy a ticket i'll wait and redbox it

New TV spots look awesome too, really looking forward to this!!! I was a fan of the original soap and the 90's revamp, and this looks freaking awesome to me. Hot Toys needs to make a figure of Johnny as Barnabas....and thankfully no rubber costume that will eventually start leaking :wink1:

I like it now that I realize that it's a comedy. When I first seen pics of Depp I didn't know what to think.

I've never seen anything of Dark Shadows prior to this movie so I have nothing to compare it to. From what I've seen so far of this it looks like it'll be a fun movie to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I've never seen anything of Dark Shadows prior to this movie so I have nothing to compare it to. From what I've seen so far of this it looks like it'll be a fun movie to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

It was a soap opera and much more serious than this.

I watched the trailer not knowing what to expect but i didnt expect it to have as much comedy as this seems to have.

Back