Burton + Depp = Dark Shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I can't say I find this as bad as I expected, 'cause I really didn't expect anything, but this looks pretty bad to me...
I just don't trust Burton to do anything good anymore, and he seems to exploit all of Depp's bad mannerisms.

I know very little of Dark Shadows, but I know enough to be turned off by that trailer. I think I've seen all I need to see of Johnny Depp acting kooky at this point.

I really Do Not Get the bettlejuice vibe at all, I do get a pee wee/ corpse bride/ alice in wonderland vibe, this is just a trailer, so who knows,

but yeah i will see it, but i am afraid burton might have made it in a campy funny cheesy way, we will see

I think one of the reasons i feel uneasy with it is the music. I know is supposed to be the 70s, and is a comedy, but the music puts me off,

Last edited:
Looks good to me, but I'm unfamiliar with the original series. I was hoping for a more serious tone though, the concept sounded really interesting.

Heh , not been following this but it looks a lot more entertaining than I thought it would. Hopefully wont be another Burton failure.

I honestly think this will be classic Burton gold...
but far from the source material...
I'm loving the look and feel, but it definitely seems that they took way too much artistic liberties...
We shall see!

Back