build your own tusken raider thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-did my Tusken Raider head. All aluminum eyes, tusks and horns now. The only thing Hasbro is the mouth/nose.

5abcf87f.jpg

59e1fe18.jpg

79b13e20.jpg

Perfection!:clap

awesome work flosarita.........:clap

did you use a dremmel to cut those vents in the eye tubes?........nice touch however you did it.

Thats looking great Chaka.

I love how the wrappings look so natural and did you use leather straps around the mouth piece?

:wave Thanks Barry. Yeah, I just dremeled away some slots at the base there.

j14, I'm not sure if you were talking abuut my head or one Chaka did earlier but I did use leather wrappings around the mouth piece.

:wave Thanks Barry. Yeah, I just dremeled away some slots at the base there.

j14, I'm not sure if you were talking abuut my head or one Chaka did earlier but I did use leather wrappings around the mouth piece.

Well bugger me...sorry Flosi for some reason I had a brain fart and thought this was Chakas thread, many apologies.

I really like what you've done with this guy.

How small is that aluminum tubing???

I may have to "borrow" some of your ideas when I eventully get around to going this guy.

Jay.

I can get you the measurments when I get home, j. Like I was saying, I'm going to start a new one. With this head I removed the Hasbro pieces I had in place, drilled holes and then glued in the metal bits. For the second I'm going to start with a bare head and place the metal parts prior to doing the wraps. I'm hoping I can get the placement of evertything a bit better. Guess I better hit up ebay for a new TR so I can get going on it.

Flosi, that head is SPOT ON. Superb job. :clap :clap

I used plastic tubes painted silver. I too only used the mouhtpiece, the Hasbro eye tubes are too big in my opinion. Yours looks much better than the one I did a while back. It looks like you are holding a lifesize head! So cool!

Here is the one I did a couple of years ago, as you can see it needs an upgrade.

tusken7.jpg

tusken8.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Chaka! I think that head looks great, like all of your work.

I'll get the measurements posted on here soon for the tubing I used. The eyes are about as wide as the openings for the Hasbro eyes. As for the tusks I used two sets of tubes, one that was just wide enough for the other slip inside to get that layered effect. Anyone with a Dremel and a cutting attachment can whip the parts up pretty quick, assuming you wanted to put a new one together.

I’m ready to do another but the issue I'm having is finding a Tusken Raider for a decent price on eBay... all the ones with Gaffi sticks are all BIN for over 25 bucks, which is silly for what I need. Guess I'm just being cheap. :lol

Anyone else swap out the middle section of their Gaffi stick for a smaller metal rod? Was thinking about doing that too.

It looks like two Thompson ammo pouches along the waist and British 1903 bandoliers around the shoulders. There are a couple bandoliers on ebay, but $14 and overseas.

you could always cut the originals off the plastic belt and add your own cloth one..........you would just need to weather it some.

Back