build your own tusken raider thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ones on the cheeks? Those are hollow? I just thought that was the vintage figure variant?

I have everything on hand that I'll need. I made cloth strips and gave those an acrylic bath. Just need to wrap the head after they're dry.

i just took a small drill bit & drilled them out a bit on my first one
18.jpg

on the 2nd one i made i used something else

fbtsk3.jpg

I'm missing something on the color of the wraps. What colors did you use, B?

i used ground up green pastel chalk...........but you could use a watered down paint as well. but the reason i used chalk is i didnt want the paint to smooth out or lay down the ragged look of the cloth.

That looks great Flosi , the bandolier's spot on . I'm currently thinking of scratch building myself a new Gaffi stick for my guy .

damn that looks freaking awesome floskenraider.............:clap

dude you should water treat him.........you wont regret it...........:lecture

Ah bugger now I'll be looking to do one of these.

He looks amazing Flosi.

The pouches look great I also like the mod done to the respirator around his neck (if that's what it is).

All in all, great custom.

Thanks guys! The pouches are DID German Africa Corps pouches. They were leftovers from a German Indy bash of mine and ended up in the parts bin since they were the wrong color. I took two three pouch sections and glued them on a leather strip. Everything I used on this was in my parts bin. I just added another strip of fabric around the neck and it really turned out awesome! Amazing that something so minor can help so much. I'll take a pic.

Well , I've got a good selection of aluminium and brass rod , so that's how I'll start . The main body tapers slightly , so I'll have to play about with putty/Milliput to get that right . The bulbous "club" bit will again probably be sculpted in Milliput . I basically plan to just play about with it , until I'm happy , as using the Hasbro piece as reference( good as it is ) is probably not 100% accurate . The thing is though , the Raider is a figure that is open to interpretation and their equipment ( being as it's meant to be made from scrap parts in "reality" ) doesn't need to be completely screen accurate . If I'm happy with my results , I'd be more than happy to provide one for anyone with casting capability .:wink1:

I'm sure we can make it happen. I'm already thinking about TR #2. We, as a group, should really think about trying to improve the parts we have at our disposal. I think this is an easy figure to push the boundaries on.

Totally agree ! There's no reason why members can't have multiple Raiders at minimal cost . I'm just waiting for someone to come up with a way of building a Bantha which doesn't break the bank !:yess:

The only parts of the Hasbro figure I ended up using were the clothing,Gaffi and the mouthpiece !

Back