Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for those in the UK or elsewhere that already began their build...

Do the pieces fit together tightly?

I worry that by the time the entire Falcon is built, it will be unstable and fall apart easily.
This is why I'm going to wait to sign up until it's about half way in.

I believe pieces screw in, possibly into a frame type of thing so it should :p But yeah maybe smart to have someone weigh in ^^

There is a metal skeleton underneath everything that looks like it interlocks pretty tightly so it should be fairly rigid I believe.

I like the idea of having a metal frame underneath, a chassis, that the panels are fastened to. However I'm not liking the idea of seeing the exposed head of the screws all over the model, if that is indeed the way the pieces are held together. I don't think the Corellian Engineering Corp built the ship with Phillips screws. That would look terrible on a model of this caliber and quality.

I like the idea of having a metal frame underneath, a chassis, that the panels are fastened to. However I'm not liking the idea of seeing the exposed head of the screws all over the model, if that is indeed the way the pieces are held together. I don't think the Corellian Engineering Corp built the ship with Phillips screws. That would look terrible on a model of this caliber and quality.

It's screwed together from the inside.

It's my understanding that all the screws will be hidden. If they're showing I'd be out for sure.

I believe there were some videos posted earlier in the thread showing it being put together. The screws were underneath the MF panels/pieces.

I'm not into Falcon, but check out this thread on Rebelscum, especially this post, a lot of interesting info: DeAgostini 'Build The Millennium Falcon' - Page 38
Uhh...

5) This is not just a snap-together model, it is a complete building kit which means you will have to glue, paint, and assemble it yourself. Its also multi-media. It's not just plastic, it's also metal parts, wires, screws, and various other mediums. If you have no modelling experience what-so-ever, you still end up with a better than decent model because all the parts are pre-painted, but with some practical assemblage and common sense, you could end up with a masterpiece. And if you're any good at model building what-so-ever (and maybe with a little OCD), you could end up with something better, a TRUE Replica Masterpiece!

It's already been established that you don't have to glue or paint anything to complete the model, right?

Uhh...

5) This is not just a snap-together model, it is a complete building kit which means you will have to glue, paint, and assemble it yourself. Its also multi-media. It's not just plastic, it's also metal parts, wires, screws, and various other mediums. If you have no modelling experience what-so-ever, you still end up with a better than decent model because all the parts are pre-painted, but with some practical assemblage and common sense, you could end up with a masterpiece. And if you're any good at model building what-so-ever (and maybe with a little OCD), you could end up with something better, a TRUE Replica Masterpiece!

It's already been established that you don't have to glue or paint anything to complete the model, right?

As I said I'm not interested in the Falcon, and thus have no idea. But you might want to follow that thread too.

Uhh...

Some of the smaller parts will need to be glued on (external pipes, some of the interior cockpit controls etc) and there are definitely parts that should be painted but that could be left unpainted if the person building wanted (quad cannons for example)

The majority of the build is snap or screw together

Can't read stuff like that...

... when I am not able to get this!!

:'(

I would like to say that I've started an aggressive "make this available in Denmark!" internet campaign, but once they released it to the US I'm now all consumed with trying to figure out whether to build this thing incrementally or wait for really big chunks and do maybe 3-4 large builds. For those also in IT, I'm deciding between an Agile or Waterfall methodology! :)

Look what just arrived double boxed and in great shape:

DeAgostini Falcon Sub Delivery 1 boxed.jpg
DeAgostini Falcon Sub Delivery 1  parts n mags n blueprints.jpg

Back