Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this just 2 different sites (one for UK and one for US)

I'm in Australia and so in ....if possible.
I always wanted the MR Falcon.

Anyone know?

Here is the list of countries that show up on the drop-down menu on their site:
Build countries list.jpg

Is this available to Canadians?

Dang the last Master Replicas Falcon sold for $8500 on eBay. Maybe $1700 doesn't seem so bad.

MR shot up a year or so ago, not really sure why... Glad I bought mine at a decent price just before they jumped.

Here is the list of countries that show up on the drop-down menu on their site:
View attachment 170750

Thanks. I contacted them and received this response:

If you would like to purchase the Millennium falcon we can definitely ship to Canada, unfortunately it takes a little longer to receive your shipment, please allow up to 7-14 business days.

Expensive... but very cool. The only thing I can build are Lego's so unfortunately I wont be getting this.

I was looking at some screen grab pics from ANH and noticed something very interesting on the bottom of the Falcon's cockpit, see pic and look toward the top at the bottom of the cockpit. What are those, symbols? They are missing from screen grabs of the Falcon sitting at the dock on Tat. Anybody know if these symbols are on the DeAgostini Model?

Obi Wan and Vader fight.jpg

I was looking at some screen grab pics from ANH and noticed something very interesting on the bottom of the Falcon's cockpit, see pic and look toward the top at the bottom of the cockpit. What are those, symbols? They are missing from screen grabs of the Falcon sitting at the dock on Tat. Anybody know if these symbols are on the DeAgostini Model?

View attachment 171286

No, and they don't need to. The Decal is only on the 5 foot studio scale model from ANH.

The ESB 32" does not have it and so doesn't the DeAgostini (Since it is the Studio Scale from ESB).

For anyone that ordered the set in the US, when are they shipping the first shipment? Is it right away, or is there a delay... I couldn't seem to find that on the page.

Dang the last Master Replicas Falcon sold for $8500 on eBay. Maybe $1700 doesn't seem so bad.

And the MR retailed for $2,200... and supposedly this will be more accurate. So, it's not a bad deal and nice it's broken down into manageable chunks.

But that causes a continuity error...Doesn't it?

It looks like shadows caused by raised elements to me... not a symbol or decal.

The MR got as cheap as $800 at one point (apparently they couldn't even give them away :p) but of course now it's in the many thousands ^^

It is a bit more accurate because MR is a replica of the Falcon in the archives but it was since discovered that some pieces were missing from it (fell off, damaged, etc) from when it was actually filmed. So yes it is more film accurate, MR didn't cheap out or anything it was accurate to the prop.

Here is a picture of the decal on the ANH 5-footer original studio scale prop. Pls remember that the DeAgostini reassembles the 32" ESB model which lacks this decal! The DeAgostini is a copy from the original ESB (minus the interieur). So no decal is needed, unless you want a mixup of models.

3471175027_431e06a420.jpg

View attachment 171286

Thats also the full sized prop. None of them are going to match up.

Here is a picture of the decal on the ANH 5-footer original studio scale prop. Pls remember that the DeAgostini reassembles the 32" ESB model which lacks this decal! The DeAgostini is a copy from the original ESB (minus the interieur). So no decal is needed, unless you want a mixup of models.

View attachment 171611

Ah, I thought the question was about something on the bottom of the cockpit... not that. Anyway, I'm a novice when it comes to vehicle particulars so I'll just go back to my corner now :lol

Well, now I'm in, too.
Gotta test the waters for shipping, though. They say they'll deliver to Canada for a higher shipping fee but now I have to see if it's worth it compared to having it shipped to a UPS Store just over the border.

I almost started a new topic for this but Revell is re-issuing Japan's Fine Molds Star Wars kits including the much sought after 1:72 scale Millennium Falcon. The Falcon is a respectable 18" long when assembled. This kit regularly goes for $300 or more on ebay.

Revell was at Toy Fair with a Star Wars display and made it official. The first three Fine Molds re-issues will be later this year - The Falcon, X-Wing and Tie Fighter. Revell will also continue their line of snap-tight kits and issue new ships from SW VII:TFA.

Muqmz4Tl.jpg

qXVIHH1l.jpg

ADcEtZQl.jpg

Question for those in the UK or elsewhere that already began their build...

Do the pieces fit together tightly?

I worry that by the time the entire Falcon is built, it will be unstable and fall apart easily.

Back