Buffy PF Alternate Version!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ffl1940 said:
Do you have one of the Buffy PFs? I do, and her chest is not too big!!! It's not oversized or uniboobed or whatever. It's sculpted so that when the clothing goes over it the chest looks just right, and it does.
I do have the Buffy PF, and like it or not, the chest is (slightly) larger than SMG's. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether any alterations were done to accommodate the new outfit.

I like the way this looks from the preview pic. The hair looks really good. I will probably pick this one up.

I wonder what the excl will be? Definitely something S3-esque, Im hoping its an interchangeable arm with a different weapon like Faiths Dagger.:D
That would be just awesome.

Oh, boy, I've slept so bad tonight, knowing that you guys would find out what the surprise Buffy product was, and I couldn't until the next morning (I live in Spain). I saw what the "big surprise" was and I have seriously mixed feelings.

I was not expecting this at all, as I gess, the 100% of the people here. I'm still confused. I feel kind of stupid for having the first PF Buffy, which I love, don't get me wrong, but a replacement? an improvement? So soon? I'm getting the new Buffy, there's no doubt, but I'm sad that we didn't get Angel or a new 12 inch figure (so sad losing you, ObsoleteMan).

On the bright side, this announcement is a proof that the line's not dead, what's more, it's a proof of the risks that SSC are willing to take with a line, it means for me entire support for it on their behalf. This reminds me of what happened the first two years. We got 3 Buffys, and lots of different characters inbetween. Now I am more sure than ever that we'll see a PF Angel somtime soon.

However, the fact that it's the same face sulpt and body pose tips the balance to the negative side. I don't see the point of making an improved PF Buffy, and not changing the pose to a more action-like one. Disappointing.

I think this post by jmay25 on the Btvsfigs board sums it all up perfectly:

that is so NOT COOL for the fans that bought the "original edition" of the buffy premium statue.

even though the season one version was not my "definitive" version of buffy, i chose to support the line by paying the high price tag. this was in hope that the line would continue and eventually we would see premium versions of all the core scoobs as well as new sculpts of the characters showing their evolution across the series (i.e. a season 3 buffy, a gift buffy, a chosen buffy).

obviously it was a poor choice on my part because now sideshow is doing half ass "variant editions" of the same statue i already have. i'm all for a new premium edition graduation day buffy but not an "alternative edition" of the original statue announced AFTER the first one sells out.

i am happy for those of you who were smart enough to just complain about the original and then wait to purchase this new version... but i have the worst taste in my mouth right now. yuck.

I hope you don't mind the intrussion jmay! :)

BDboystoys said:
Buy it and think about the consequences later:D :cool:

:lol that is what i'm talking about. I may get this. Will definitely look great next to the first one. :chew

I wasn't expecting another PF Buffy so soon. I was hoping it'd be an Angel PF or one of the 12" figures. I feel sorry for those who bought the first PF Buffy because they spent alot of money when another has just been made.
I think i will be buying her because i didn't get the chance on the first PF Buffy so that's a good thing i guess. She looks like she's got the sculpt of Hush Buffy or Graduation Day Buffy, i can't really tell. Looking forward to seeing more pics of her. So far i think she looks good and more in character. Love the hair here too

I'm glad so many people have decided to get this PF statue. That's on the bright side... let's be positive.

Slayerverse98 said:
I'm thinking about getting Spike to go with her too. Next they had better do Angel.

They can't NOT do Angel. That would be like reverse the logic in the universe.

Ange would make a superb PF figure. Not to do him next would be madness.

The Slayer and her two loves would make a lovely set, and I sometimes think they forget that this line appeals to a lot of female collectors too, and so an Angel would be 'right up their street' if you know what I mean.

I'm a huge Spangel fan, and the only two PF I'd ever get is Angel and Spike. Buffy I'd happily miss on as I just dont have the funds for her, sadly.

Because I am getting the new Buffy PF I decided to get Spike Pf with Flexpay.
I think these two will look great together.

Yeah Buffy and Spike PF's

This new version is pretty tempting. From what we get to see, she looks much better than the original Buffy! I belive she wore that outfit in the episode when she stabbed Faith in the guts, minus the red jacket. Or in an other episode, but I'm pretty sure we've seen her wearing that outfit at some point.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I belive she wore that outfit in the episode when she stabbed Faith in the guts, minus the red jacket. Or in an other episode, but I'm pretty sure we've seen her wearing that outfit at some point.
IIRC, Buffy wore a short, black leather jacket during the Graduation Day smack-down with Faith, but minus the jacket, it's very similar.

This Season Three promo pic is probably the reference:

bffyrdblkan1.jpg

I don't like it. I would have rather had another completely different PF made of Buffy with new sculpt if that was the route SideShow was going. If this is based on the Graduation Day Part 1 and 2 episodes. I don't remember seeing her hair tied back wearing this particular outfit. It's just a cheap way to sell more product.

Having said that, I prefer my Buffy's custom, because I always been a fan of hot ladies in short skirts and hooker boots. lol

Still, I should reserve judgement until I seen the final product in all of its entirety. The same could be said about all our opinions on this piece.

Back