Buffy and Angel 12" lines on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MiskatonicNick said:
And the disaster trio of fugly Willow, fuglier PG Buffy and Vampire Spike (aka milk-the-punters-for-more-cash-than-include-alternate-heads Spike) didn't help matters much.

And don't forget the disaster that was Faith, who barely looked like she was human, let alone liked the character. *shudder*

Can't help feel Sideshow did a lot of 'own goals' when it came to damage done to this line.

And yes, I'm bloody sick and tired of hearing about Star Wars. That line is the worst thing to have ever happened to this company, in that every other line is now having to 'cow down' before it. *grr*

thamesvalidude said:
It does say specifically "Buffy" figures so I suppose we could keep a little optimism for a Wesley or a fred. However, I for one will not be holding my breath. I get the feeling Sideshow is moving onwards and upwards and we're being dumped at the bus stop. Oh well!:monkey2

Actually, Sideshow explicitly referred to both Angel and Buffy...

The Buffy and Angel lines are currently on hold.

man i am bummed out about this big time !:mad: :censored
this was my "bread and butter"and what I think was also the "hook" that got alot of people onto the other sideshow lines at the time .

I also think that this is the end or at least the slow demise of the other 12 inch lines ( except $tar war$ )
it appears that sideshow are just moving on to the more ..profitable areas of collecting .

and leaving us faithfull 12 inchers behind
the least they could have done was fix that faith and willow :monkey1
no WES ...a pox on thee I say :monkey3

I've been prepared for this annoucement ever since they liquidated the "web exclusive" Cordy/Lorne/Giles figures out to other retailers, but I still can't believe they couldn't manage to give us Wes to finish the Angel line. They had to know how important that one was to us, but I guess it wasn't worth the bother to them.

I remember when the Angel line was first announced, I imagined how awesome it was gonna be to have the whole team displayed on a shelf...

Why in the hell did Sideshow bother making D'Hoffryn... when it looks like they didn't make any plans to make an Anya? He goes with practically NO OTHER FIGURE!!!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I'm heartbroken at this announcement... but, strangely, it's not a surprising one. During the hard fought battle, waged most vocally by thamesvalidude, to get a Giles made, our own Darklord Dave said Giles represented a "boring" figure for Sideshow to make... and that IF and when they finally make him, he will probably cap the line. Well, Dave, you were right.

When I started collecting Sideshow figures three years ago, there were SEVERAL healthy 12" lines on their plate. And when they announced the acquistion of both SW and LOTR in the 12" format, I thought Sideshow would rule the 1/6 universe. That didn't exactly happen. Instead, the Star Wars jugernaut ended up being some sort of "Trojan Horse"... what on the surface appeared to be a gift turned out to be something far more devastating. It ended up re-defining Sideshow's priorities and expectations... slowly spoiling a once great little company like Sideshow right to the core.

Now, Sideshow procures product from Medicom and Hot Toys to give the impression that they are still in the 1/6 scale business... when that fact couldn't be further from the truth. Even the 12" LOTR line has had ONLY 4 figures announced in over a year's time.

And as I look at all of my pre-orders, I too forsee myself parting ways with Sideshow a lot sooner than I expected. I'm primarily a 12" collector and my destiny doesn't t seem to lie with them. :maul

At least we got an actual answer.

Disappointed but not surprised.

I still think we'll see another buffyverse 1/6 at some point but right now I understand that SSC want to concentrate on SW and LOTR. Two lines that make a ton of cash for them and both lines take a LOT of pre-planning and man hours.

Still with the announcement of an Ash PF at least they haven't totally abandoned their earlier lines.

Protozaius said:
When I started collecting Sideshow figures three years ago, there were SEVERAL healthy 12" lines on their plate. And when they announced the acquistion of both SW and LOTR in the 12" format, I thought Sideshow would rule the 1/6 universe. That didn't exactly happen. Instead, the Star Wars jugernaut ended up being some sort of "Trojan Horse"... what on the surface appeared to be a gift turned out to be something far more devastating. It ended up re-defining Sideshow's priorities and expectations... slowly spoiling a once great little company like Sideshow right to the core.

Now, Sideshow procures product from Medicom and Hot Toys to give the impression that they are still in the 1/6 scale business... when that fact couldn't be further from the truth. Even the 12" LOTR line has had ONLY 4 figures announced in over a year's time.

And as I look at all of my pre-orders, I too forsee myself parting ways with Sideshow a lot sooner than I expected. I'm primarily a 12" collector and my destiny doesn't t seem to lie with them. :maul

I'm with you. What I don't think SS realises is that the 1/6th line is what draws people in - its affordable and good value. Only once you get the collector bug do people seem to move up into the bigger & more expensive pieces.

I looked at my preorders too, and apart from Star Wars everything else there I pre-ordered at the time in case I can't get it from someone else. Why would I buy Medicom or Hot Toys from Sideshow when I can get it 15% less at Alter Ego or some other retailer ?

1/6 is all I collect I wont collect other lines due to space and size. I cracked down on the Buffy PF and I would crack on a Faith or Illyria PF figure. Other wise Its too expensive. I dont want to get into the whole star wars line. I bought most of the figures that are out now but I'm already sort of getting bored of it. Oh well hopefully the line isnt truly dead and one day we will see the remaming important characters done.

abstractharmony said:
Disappointed but not surprised.

That about sums it up for me as well.

Too many star wars 12"ers and not enough in any other line.

I just discovered this news. :monkey2
I am anxiously awaiting my Giles, thinking, I might start getting into that Angel line now....and this!
NO Wesley or well....I won't start that list....
But...damn.

I for one, am happy to see this finally die. Buffy and Angel is over. Hello?? Did anyone notice?? Why would Sideshow bother to let this line continue when the series is dead and gone??

I myself am saddened by this. I was looking forward to Anya and Wesley at least. I have been considering getting out of the 12 inch figures and going into
PF's and Electric tiki stuff.
I wish so many lines had been continued and this one was tops on my list.
I have been waiting for them to make a judge but sadly that won't happen.

Boba Fett said:
I for one, am happy to see this finally die. Buffy and Angel is over. Hello?? Did anyone notice?? Why would Sideshow bother to let this line continue when the series is dead and gone??

$tar Wars is technically over, too. No matter how many more times Lucas screws with the original trilogy, the complete saga had been made. That's not an argument that works, IMO. Buffy will have always have a following. There are shows that have been off the air for decades that still have conventions.

And if licenses of movies or tv shows that were 'over' weren't made, we'd have very little selection in the collecting world. The Evil Dead trilogy is over, yet SSC is releasing a PF Ash. The Universal Monster movies are long over, and look how many figures, busts and PFs have been/are being released of those. The list continues...

Welcome to the hell that we Highlander fans and POTA fans have felt for some time now.

About the only thing left to announce is a date for when Sideshow Collectibles is changing its name to Star Wars Collectibles. Must be in the next newsletter I guess.

LordAzrael said:
About the only thing left to announce is a date for when Sideshow Collectibles is changing its name to Star Wars Collectibles. Must be in the next newsletter I guess.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

thats f'n great Lord!!!

The timing on this is a lil off if I were running things over at SS.
With the Buffy season 8 comic getting us all excited again I would think it be the perfect time to start rolling some 1/6ers out for the fans.

I knew something like this was comming once Giles was announced so I sold almost all of my figures while the market was still good.

I have a feeling that a ton of people will be dropping SS cause of this.

I least SS had the guts to announce this instead of lingering on their customers for months.

Bonehead15 said:
I least SS had the guts to announce this instead of lingering on their customers for months.

This I agree with, and I would like to see more of it.

Not lines being "put on hold", but the honesty from SS.

Back