Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budget Stark

Super Freak
Reaction score
Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

Thanks for watching

Re: Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

Glad to know it wasn't just me when I thought it didn't look right, proportions have to be some where near to accurate or it stands out..., thanks for sharing the video & your thoughts, much appreciated. :)

Re: Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

the proportions arent right!? :lol

Anthony I love you man, but that 1/4 is way closer to accurate then the mk 43 1/6... and I get that its just how you feel. but can I then ask your thoughts on the 1/6? does he look more accurate to you? specifically the shoulders?

It killed the 1/6 version in evey way possible and inimaginable! The proportions are just perfect right now! I really think that your eyes are used to see 1/6th ironman figures so much!
1003244_526795000738771_1220443752_n.jpg

1441176_526794997405438_1572829409_n.jpg

1393340_526795004072104_938274820_n.jpg

It killed the 1/6 version in evey way possible and inimaginable! The proportions are just perfect right now! I really think that your eyes are used to see 1/6th ironman figures so much!
1003244_526795000738771_1220443752_n.jpg

1441176_526794997405438_1572829409_n.jpg

1393340_526795004072104_938274820_n.jpg

are you addressing Buget Stark or me?

the proportions arent right!? :lol

Anthony I love you man, but that 1/4 is way closer to accurate then the mk 43 1/6... and I get that its just how you feel. but can I then ask your thoughts on the 1/6? does he look more accurate to you? specifically the shoulders?

I think people are too used to the proportions on the anorexic 1/6 Iron Man figures so they think the proportions on the 1/4 is weird. The 1/4 is 10 times more accurate than the 1/6 version. Not to mention I'm not sure how people think the 1/4 version looks more like a toy.

NEfPpKY.jpg

10750123_10205403992797929_171410685768655171_o.jpg

I think people are too used to the proportions on the anorexic 1/6 Iron Man figures so they think the proportions on the 1/4 is weird. The 1/4 is 10 times more accurate than the 1/6 version. Not to mention I'm not sure how people think the 1/4 version looks more like a toy.

NEfPpKY.jpg

10750123_10205403992797929_171410685768655171_o.jpg

Exactly, such a glaring difference, and being that Budget is a Huge IM fan like I and many others im really surprised he said its not accurate. to be fair though, we are studying pictures and can easily compare, while he is attending the show and giving his thoughts as he's seeing it. Really hope HT's fixes up the 1/6

The 1/4 looks as good as a Legacy Effects maquette, while the 1/6 looks like a shiny, anorexic would be iron man.

I kinda see what Anthony is saying about the proportions. Maybe it's the pose but, the arms look a little too long. Even so I think they both look awesome. Love the battle damage look HT is going with on these. It's a shame there isn't an alternate "red-eye LED" head for the 1/4 (unless I missed it) like the 1/6 has. That would be killer.

I don't understand how anyone can say the 1/6 is superior to the 1/4 when it comes to proportions. The 1/4 looks like a scaled down man in a suit. If I didn't know it was 1/4, I would think it was a real life size prop suit. It looks great but if I was to nitpick, I'd say the arms might be a tad too long.

I kinda see what Anthony is saying about the proportions. Maybe it's the pose but, the arms look a little too long. Even so I think they both look awesome. Love the battle damage look HT is going with on these. It's a shame there isn't an alternate "red-eye LED" head for the 1/4 (unless I missed it) like the 1/6 has. That would be killer.

I think this is because it's shooted with a wide angle lens :)

Thank you, Anthony, for sharing these videos. It's the next best thing to being physically present at the show :)

Yeah, I recall that 2 years ago when QS001 was first shown at the conventions, some people also commented that it looked more toyish and had wonky proportions compared to 1/6. Things changed once the final product photos from OMG and his peers surfaced. In hand, the 1/4 version tops the 1/6 (even the updated armory) especially in the paint and sculpt departments (the proportion, still subjective I suppose). I'm confident that the case would be the same here. PUT THIS UP FOR PO NOW!

Anyway, wouldn't it be nice if all of Anthony's First Look Toy Soul videos be consolidated in one thread? Marvel section is moving so fast lately that some videos get buried.

Thank you, Anthony, for sharing these videos. It's the next best thing to being physically present at the show :)

Yeah, I recall that 2 years ago when QS001 was first shown at the conventions, some people also commented that it looked more toyish and had wonky proportions compared to 1/6. Things changed once the final product photos from OMG and his peers surfaced. In hand, the 1/4 version tops the 1/6 (even the updated armory) especially in the paint and sculpt departments (the proportion, still subjective I suppose). I'm confident that the case would be the same here. PUT THIS UP FOR PO NOW!

Anyway, wouldn't it be nice if all of Anthony's First Look Toy Soul videos be consolidated in one thread? Marvel section is moving so fast lately that some videos get buried.

Maybe you can suggest to a moderator/ admin to do that?

I think they both look great.

But neither is 100% screen accurate. And that's because the movie suit as done at release can't actually function. It would never be able to move. Nor would it hold an actual person. So any articulated (and there's the kicker, articulation) figure or prop or costume is going to need to make changes. It's why the legacy mock ups and the Winston mock ups and the numerous statues can look nearly spot on and a figure just won't.

The largest difference between the 1/4 and 1/6 scale, other then paint which at this point is meaningless as one is plastic/resin unique 1:1 proto and the other is a repainted customized production piece...anyway..the difference is the chest area. The 1/4 scale is to thin in the center lip and the 1/6 is to thick. One being thinner and one thicker then the reference material means they look markedly different . And to be clear, I'm not saying the 1/6 is thicker then the 1/4 (though obviously it is) I'm saying the 1:6 is thicker then the 1:1, and the 1:4 is thinner then the 1:1...this exaggerating the difference between the two figures. But that means both are not perfect.

But I still think both are great. Fantastic in fact. For anyone under say 25 or 30 you have no idea how luck you are to have these kinds of figures and toys around. My favorite toys as a kid had thick rubber bands for their articulation. And karate chop hands. Best feature was a cap gun ring in a figure making it sound loud when he hit a guy. Or a wheel on his chest so when u hit it you could simulate damage. Lol things have improved immensely. Lol

I think they both look great.

But neither is 100% screen accurate. And that's because the movie suit as done at release can't actually function. It would never be able to move. Nor would it hold an actual person. So any articulated (and there's the kicker, articulation) figure or prop or costume is going to need to make changes. It's why the legacy mock ups and the Winston mock ups and the numerous statues can look nearly spot on and a figure just won't.

The largest difference between the 1/4 and 1/6 scale, other then paint which at this point is meaningless as one is plastic/resin unique 1:1 proto and the other is a repainted customized production piece...anyway..the difference is the chest area. The 1/4 scale is to thin in the center lip and the 1/6 is to thick. One being thinner and one thicker then the reference material means they look markedly different . And to be clear, I'm not saying the 1/6 is thicker then the 1/4 (though obviously it is) I'm saying the 1:6 is thicker then the 1:1, and the 1:4 is thinner then the 1:1...this exaggerating the difference between the two figures. But that means both are not perfect.

But I still think both are great. Fantastic in fact. For anyone under say 25 or 30 you have no idea how luck you are to have these kinds of figures and toys around. My favorite toys as a kid had thick rubber bands for their articulation. And karate chop hands. Best feature was a cap gun ring in a figure making it sound loud when he hit a guy. Or a wheel on his chest so when u hit it you could simulate damage. Lol things have improved immensely. Lol

what do you think about the shoulder armor/area? to me that is the biggest difference

I would guess we're getting alot better articulation out of the 1/6, and that more than makes up for small
proportion differences to me. I'm still primarily an action figure > statue kinda guy.

what do you think about the shoulder armor/area? to me that is the biggest difference

You are correct that they are different. It's not the first thing your eyes are drawn to, which is why I think the chest plate is what is causing that "off" feeling when u first look at it.

But it's the same thing with respect to the 1:1. The shoulders on the 1/4 are a bit to thin and the 1/6 to thick(and a little to short but that's because of the articulation). The 1/4 scale may not(and I mean just that proto) have arm articulation yet.

image.jpg

Looking at the pics you guys have posted, anyone get the feeling the Quarter scale in not completely finished? Weirdly matte black used on under armor areas? No seal ring around the chest's arc reactor...etc... Think this was more of a lets get it out there and make people start drooling, I think we're going to get improvements.

Back