Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

Looking at the pics you guys have posted, anyone get the feeling the Quarter scale in not completely finished? Weirdly matte black used on under armor areas? No seal ring around the chest's arc reactor...etc... Think this was more of a lets get it out there and make people start drooling, I think we're going to get improvements.

its on the chest piece at the figures feet

Re: Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

its on the chest piece at the figures feet

What do you think, about my answer I mean. Lol

Part of the problem is which suit (which 1:1) are you/they using for reference and which one is the person posting thinking of.

The Disney hall mk42 looks different then the prac suit worn by RDJ(which was just the top of the armor as per usual) which was a little diff then the stunt suit. The traveling suit was a little different. And the full CG suit was diff then them all as well. In fact nearly ever suit, even the studio stuff, was off in some way.

I think people are too used to the proportions on the anorexic 1/6 Iron Man figures so they think the proportions on the 1/4 is weird. The 1/4 is 10 times more accurate than the 1/6 version. Not to mention I'm not sure how people think the 1/4 version looks more like a toy.

NEfPpKY.jpg

10750123_10205403992797929_171410685768655171_o.jpg
Exactly. Those pictures really convey just how LESS toylike the 1:4 figure is.

So the 1:4 scale figure, it'll be about 18" then, right? I'm not sure whether I want to get the figure or either one of Sideshow's or Gentle Giant's 1:4 scale statues..., depends which is cheaper I guess. :)

Budget Stark - "First Look" 1/4 scale Iron Man MK43 Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

I mean no offense to anyone here, but if you don't see how the 1/4 craps all over the 1/6 version of this IM you are completely delusional. Nothing wrong with the 1/6 so to speak, as I think it looks great for what it is. But having this 1/4 next to it, Jesus. What a night and day difference.

Not even a contest.

It's like saying that the 1/6 versions of the BD -T800 or the DX12/Armory Bats look better than the 1/4 counterparts. It's silly.

I mean no offense to anyone here, but if you don't see how the 1/4 craps all over the 1/6 version of this IM you are completely delusional. Nothing wrong with the 1/6 so to speak, as I think it looks great for what it is. But having this 1/4 next to it, Jesus. What a night and day difference.

Not even a contest.

It's like saying that the 1/6 versions of the BD -T800 or the DX12/Armory Bats look better than the 1/4 counterparts. It's silly.

I personally think it's a good thing that they look different, I'm not really a fan of having more than one of each armour BUT when they look so night & day (as you put it), it certainly makes me think about it rather than simply dismissing it out of hand (having already preordered the 1:6 scale version). :)

Not even a contest.

How do you not take offense when someone calls you delusional? If you didn't want to be offensive there are hundreds of other words and phrases you could have used.

Now don't get me wrong, I think the 1/4 scale looks fantastic. But it's a proto. With limited articulation. Hand/airbrush painted as opposed to production paint. And it's not perfect either. I've listed a couple issues where it's off the 1:1. But I also think it's fantastic. But, for realistic look, for me, the 1:6 is a little better. The 1/4 looks at best like a man wearing a costume, or a robot. It's proportions are to small to think it would function like that iron man armor. A standard bullet proof vest or plate carrier adds more bulk then that suit does. The 1/6 has a smaller ab area, but the rest of the suit is bulked up enough to make it at least seem like the armor would in fact stop not only a small cal bullet but super hero stuff.

I personally think it's a good thing that they look different, I'm not really a fan of having more than one of each armour BUT when they look so night & day (as you put it), it certainly makes me think about it rather than simply dismissing it out of hand (having already preordered the 1:6 scale version). :)

Oh, for sure. I still think the 1/6 version looks fantastic tbh, but given the option I will choose the 1/4 any day.

Sucks for peeps that paid deposits on the 1/6 version and now want the 1/4 for sure.

How do you not take offense when someone calls you delusional? If you didn't want to be offensive there are hundreds of other words and phrases you could have used.

Now don't get me wrong, I think the 1/4 scale looks fantastic. But it's a proto. With limited articulation. Hand/airbrush painted as opposed to production paint. And it's not perfect either. I've listed a couple issues where it's off the 1:1. But I also think it's fantastic. But, for realistic look, for me, the 1:6 is a little better. The 1/4 looks at best like a man wearing a costume, or a robot. It's proportions are to small to think it would function like that iron man armor. A standard bullet proof vest or plate carrier adds more bulk then that suit does. The 1/6 has a smaller ab area, but the rest of the suit is bulked up enough to make it at least seem like the armor would in fact stop not only a small cal bullet but super hero stuff.

The 1:6 scale figure will be great, we already have the mark 42 version to show us we're getting a superb collectible & it's obvious we're under no delusions about it..., the pictures of the new figure are awesome, the diorama base is exceptional & that's basically all there is to it. :)

Will there be any other hot toys 1/4 AoU or just this? I already have the 1/6 mk43 on preorder. I agree with most that the 1/4 looks better.

Not feeling this. The 1/4 Boba Fett looks much much better.

I love, loVE, lOVE, LOVE this figure. It's just not going to happen for me. I tried the 1/4 thing some time ago and found out that I'm a 1/6 guy. That's were the collecting magic is for me. Looking forward to living vicariously through everyone's' in-hand pics when this thing hits!

Is it just me, but why is the gold/red inverted on the torso?

Probably just because fans didn't like the colour change up of the mark 42 so they figured that could be an easy answer for a mark 43 (repaint), total guess of course. :)

What do you guys think? Hot Toys has been known to do drastic improvements for the final product (MoS, ASM2 and etc), do you think they'll apply a "matte" or flatter finish to the 1/6th figure? As cool as this figure is, I don't want to go down the quarter scale rabbit hole. :p

What do you guys think? Hot Toys has been known to do drastic improvements for the final product (MoS, ASM2 and etc), do you think they'll apply a "matte" or flatter finish to the 1/6th figure? As cool as this figure is, I don't want to go down the quarter scale rabbit hole. :p
I don't think that they will, beyond how they treat the semi-worn parts. The red on the 42 has some gloss, but there's not that much red on the front, so I don't think it's noticeable (like what people are seeing on the 43, anyway). The redder parts on the 42 that are more worn (not the new look) like the forearm armor, have a darker spray that definitely adds more of a matte look. If HT does this to most of the 43 armor, I think it will look fine, unless the die-cast parts hinder that type of painting detail (I don't know such stuff).

Is this something that were just waiting for official announcement?

Back