Bubo Creature Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I think that the Jabba's throne environment will continue to make appearances at Toy Fair and SDCC, with new figures & creatures added to it over time. Eventually there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for letting it go when it turns out that Sideshow intended this to be the foundation of a major portion of their Star Wars output.

Who knows what their long term plans are! They were thinking ahead giving Luke that pistol, and Bib and Jabba have drinking glasses that can go on R2's waiter tray. When the exclusive Chewie comes with his chain, people will want that Leia figure they skipped. I think they have planned things out in such a way that you will really regret not getting every exclusive Jabba's Palace character and item by the time all is said and done.
I seriously hope it's not the future you see! As much as I like Jabba, and all the foul creatures surrounding him, there's much more to the SW universe. I'm not saying that Budo & co. are not worth making, but things can be overdone... Even if there are lots and lots of people really freaking out over the Jabba environment, I belive an equally great number, are not. Especially those, that don't have the space to display such an environment in the first place.
It was a bit of a let down for me that SSC did a Boussh Leia, even though she looks great. An Hoth Leia would have been more my taste. I'm afraid the same will happen with Lando: in stead of a Bespin Lando, it's more likely that SSC will make a Skiff Guard Lando, just to make him fit with the Jabba set-up. Perhaps the people at SSC think that any other version of Lando just wouldn't sell well enough? I don't know.
There's one thing I have to admit: from a kids point of view, this Jabba environment really must be heaven! But the thing is, how many kids could afford such a set-up?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I seriously hope it's not the future you see! As much as I like Jabba, and all the foul creatures surrounding him, there's much more to the SW universe. I'm not saying that Budo & co. are not worth making, but things can be overdone... Even if there are lots and lots of people really freaking out over the Jabba environment, I belive an equally great number, are not. Especially those, that don't have the space to display such an environment in the first place.

Of course there is much more. Who said there wasn't? However, you can still mix stuff in for this setup and never lose the anyone else in the line. So just because people want other characters other than some pieces here and there to go with Jabba they shouldn't get made? So SS should skip making them because people passed on Jabba for space reasons or that some people don't?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
It was a bit of a let down for me that SSC did a Boussh Leia, even though she looks great. An Hoth Leia would have been more my taste. I'm afraid the same will happen with Lando: in stead of a Bespin Lando, it's more likely that SSC will make a Skiff Guard Lando, just to make him fit with the Jabba set-up. Perhaps the people at SSC think that any other version of Lando just wouldn't sell well enough? I don't know.

Who said they wouldn't make a Hoth Leia? Boussh was just the first. So no need to panic. Wait and see AA. Wait and See.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
There's one thing I have to admit: from a kids point of view, this Jabba environment really must be heaven! But the thing is, how many kids could afford such a set-up?

Well, it's heaven to a lot of adult kids which do have the money to buy these and this is where the item is targeted at.

I have a feeling this is all leading up to a nice slab of carbonite in the near future.

pixletwin said:
I have a feeling this is all leading up to a nice slab of carbonite in the near future.

Should be interesting to see if it does. Then we'll find out how much detail that has and how much it costs.

The announcement will be dependent on when they expect the majority of Jabba buyers to receive him, if they planned that no one would find out til he ships out and expected that to be February, then he could be a TF announcement, if they expect people to learn of it before hand, could be a newsletter announcement before TF, or even PPO announcement before TF like Mace was last year.

Customikey said:
I'm not sure there is a way to make an announcement of Bubo as the next SW figure and make it climactic.

Best chance is if Bubo were part of a dual announcement kinda like Bib and Boushh where it's Bubo PPO one week and some other figure the week after, then the other figure could add some climactic feeling, otherwise, while we'll place our order's for Bubo, the wind in our collecting sails won't be a strong as when you flash something like a 1/6 Jabba before our eyes.

Isn;t there a plot in the EU suggesting thst Bubo is some sort of super-genius who is involved in the plan to assassinate Jabba, but opts to have his brain removed by B'Omarr Monks? I just think he should come with the Jawa holding his leash...

Customikey said:
Isn;t there a plot in the EU suggesting thst Bubo is some sort of super-genius who is involved in the plan to assassinate Jabba, but opts to have his brain removed by B'Omarr Monks? I just think he should come with the Jawa holding his leash...

This is apparently true, as I discovered last night while looking around for pictures and information about him. And Bubo is not his full name...

I really think we may see something about Bubo within the next few weeks. Now if they were planning on bringing this out at toy fair what else could there be that we dont know about yet. This wouldnt make any sense if this was all that was added to Jabba. My guess is we may get a couple other things from Jabbas Palace. i wouldnt mind seeing a Carbonite Han enviroment with inclusive Tauntaun head, now that would be cool. I would gladly pay $200 if they made it right. As for regular 12" well maybe we could get say Boba to go along with Bubo.
That would be a huge toyfair announcement and that would leave a ROTJ Vader, Emperor with Throne Room Enviroment, Royal Guard and Stormtroopers to be announced at SDCC.

Customikey said:

This happens to Bib.

Back at the palace, a confident Fortuna was met by the B'omarr monks who lived in the catacombs below. Some lived as humans, others as detached brains living eternally in jars of nutrient. The monks decided that the nutrient jar was the best fate for Fortuna - or rather, for his brain. They didn't know Fortuna would eventually figure out a way to reinstall his consciousness into another Twi'lek criminal, Firith Olan, in order to make it easier to carry on his criminal activities.

Customikey said:
It happens to quite a few of the lackeys, apparently.

Bib, Bubo, Ree Yees, Tessek.....

Bib manages to get a new body, though. You go Bib.
I guess that if you were employed by Jabba you either died on the sail barge or your brain was removied and placed into a walking mechanical arachnid.

Yup, it appears. I thought that was interesting about Bib so I mentioned in my review of his figure.

tomandshell said:
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Maybe you're right. Homer is going to be mad it's not a main character!

Very true... :lol

I'm not particularly thrilled with a Bubo pack, but at the same time I'll probably pick it up for ****s and giggles. What is nice to see is that Sideshow is showing that they are willing to go pretty deep into the SW Universe for characters!!! :chew

Back