Bubo Creature Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if we could be getting a variant Salacious Crumb? He would be in a differnt pose I mean. Maybe a standing up pose or something. The main NEW creature in the set would be Bubo. Thats because it wouldn't make sense to call it Salacious Crumb creature pack 2.

I too think this set up is no going to be getting even bigger. This new creature pack is probably only the begining.

BobA can't be far behind either since he would be a critical figure in the palace. He was near Jabba almost as much as Bib. Of course the PF could delay him.

tomandshell said:
I think that the Jabba's throne environment will continue to make appearances at Toy Fair and SDCC, with new figures & creatures added to it over time. Eventually there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for letting it go when it turns out that Sideshow intended this to be the foundation of a major portion of their Star Wars output.

Who knows what their long term plans are! They were thinking ahead giving Luke that pistol, and Bib and Jabba have drinking glasses that can go on R2's waiter tray. When the exclusive Chewie comes with his chain, people will want that Leia figure they skipped. I think they have planned things out in such a way that you will really regret not getting every exclusive Jabba's Palace character and item by the time all is said and done.

I also think that is why they chose the Endor Rebels first. I think we will be seeing quite a few Imperial troopers because they are so popular. Besides the Hoth troopers, the Endor Rebels fought just about every type of Imperial trooper: from Stormtroopers to Biker Scouts. Putting it that way makes total sense on having to pick only ONE set of Rebels for a few years.

Buttmunch said:
I wonder if we could be getting a variant Salacious Crumb?

Limited to 50 pieces.

The lottery begins next Thursday...

ssesalaciousqy3.jpg

I think he's gonna come with Han in the Carbonite block. Which is about equal parts wishful thinking and an educated guess as to what's on the box behind him. But it's pure speculation at this point. Amanaman would be neat too, but I don't see his green/yellow body in that box pic.

Xander said:
I think he's gonna come with Han in the Carbonite block. Which is about equal parts wishful thinking and an educated guess as to what's on the box behind him. But it's pure speculation at this point. Amanaman would be neat too, but I don't see his green/yellow body in that box pic.

I think Han and Aman would be big enough for their own "creature" packs. Han could easily be a Boba Fett Expansion pack.

jason2885 said:
A better image over at the Chinese Star Wars site
dsc02599_923.jpg

Bubo.jpg

I believe that while the other three pictures feature shots of the actual Sideshow items, the image behind the Bubo figure is this still from the movie. The orange glow is the light behind Amanaman's head.

If it comes with Amanaman or that Jawa, we will all be very happy.

But I think that "creature pack" doesn't have to mean more than one creature. It could be just Bubo and still be a creature pack. But the exclusive will definitely have another little critter. Maybe the hoover.

tomandshell said:
Bubo.jpg

I believe that while the other three pictures feature shots of the Sideshow items, the image behind the Bubo figure is this still from the movie. The orange glow is the light behind Amanaman's head.

Only Salacious shows the Sidshow items. Both Bib and Leia are movie stills (or at least promo pics).

I could possibly see Aman, but I think a Jawa is too figure-ish. A two pack of Jawas could sell just fine. I'm thinking little creatures will be in the set just because of the name "Bubo Creature Pack." If there was something big, it would take the name and not Bubo. Could be wrong though. I just hope the price and amount of critters will be the same. It would also be nice if it was inclusive like Crumb was.

Maybe he'll come with a skull. It could to go with the bone that came with Luke. This will lead up to the Rancor announcement. :monkey5

Batty said:
Maybe he'll come with a skull. It could to go with the bone that came with Luke. This will lead up to the Rancor announcement. :monkey5

Good Idea and Bad idea. Skull, yes. Rancor, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I can't even begin to image the cost of that figure. $300? I'd expect movable legs, arms, and mouth. It would be VERY impressive, but price would start to become an issue VERY quickly. I think General Greivous would be more likely than a Rancor. Of course I didn't think we'd get a Jabba, at least THIS soon. This Jabba set up can/could/will/is snowballing very quickly. :eek:

Buttmunch said:
If there was something big, it would take the name and not Bubo.

That makes sense. So Bubo is the key figure in this creature pack...thus the others "creatures" must be smaller or less significant.

Is there someone less significant than Bubo?

Certainly not me. Sideshow hasn't called me up for measurements... yet.

amani4.jpg

likesolo4.jpg

In the photo above, Han's shirt looks pretty clean. Didn't it get all dirty when he fell out of the carbonite onto the ground? I'm too tired to pop the DVD in to check for myself. :sleep

Lucas might have to go back and digitally add dirt for continuity.

I bet now the the proverbial cat is out of the bag or frog dog in this case, Sideshow may preview this one in the newsletter this week for a preorder next week. I wonder what could be the exclusive for this guy.

This is pretty much what happened the last two times that something as leaked.

I agree with Tom in that I think Jabba's Palace will end up being a huge setup and that people who cancel will kick themselves. I'll be curious to see what else he comes with because there are so many things he could it will be a cool announcement because of that.

tomandshell said:
I think that the Jabba's throne environment will continue to make appearances at Toy Fair and SDCC, with new figures & creatures added to it over time. Eventually there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for letting it go when it turns out that Sideshow intended this to be the foundation of a major portion of their Star Wars output.

Who knows what their long term plans are! They were thinking ahead giving Luke that pistol, and Bib and Jabba have drinking glasses that can go on R2's waiter tray. When the exclusive Chewie comes with his chain, people will want that Leia figure they skipped. I think they have planned things out in such a way that you will really regret not getting every exclusive Jabba's Palace character and item by the time all is said and done.

Yeah, when I first saw the blaster as Lukes exclusive I thought it was a little weird since he only had it in his hand for 5 seconds but I guess SSC did have bigger plans in mind... and thats just fine with me. This is going to turn out to be one hell of a display.

Back