Brotherhood of Arms, Fife and Drums W/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very, very nice collection Mr. Stickman. If we have them better post them and maybe Sideshow will take the hint, wot?

Rabbit

A visit from the president.

SideSHowCivilWar2ndWisconsin80607_6.jpg

At the kind invitation of Stickman I present my meager collection. I was going to post here initially, but was afraid of intruding.

An early pre-Sideshow Washington photo for Independence Day. The Washington is a Hasbro:
1776-01-1a-50.JPG

Posted for this last July 4th. The reason that there are so few Sideshow in this group is...well, Sideshow doesn't make 'em:
hallofheroes-e3f.JPG

This started out as my Irish Brigade, but somewhere changed directions. Col. Chamberlain has been given responsibility for this command:
Glory-21-e2.JPG

This is the final Busby Berkley dance number where, as seen from overhead, they all form a giant Confederate flag and then morph a red circle with a slash through it. That's not an easy number to do when you only have 5 sodjers. Please ignore the backdrop. Right now we're still set up in the alleyway behind Goldman's Delicatessen:
Glory-23-e2.JPG

Thank you.

Rabbit

Rabbit Studios. The biggest Little Theater in Concord.

Great Job on those pictures Rabbit, thank you so much for sharing. What building is that? Is that a Power Team prop? Also Where did you get that wagon? I really like what you have done with these figures. Please post more if you have any. - Stickman

The building is indeed a Power Team Command Post. It has two floors and four rooms and the front facade makes a beautiful backdrop to most any setting. I've used it in the current period, WWII and Ancient Geece without it looking too far out of place if you're not too critical.

The buckboard is a Johnny West toy that I bought about 1970-72. It came with horse and harness and somewhere or another I came up with the covered wagon top, but with no supports. The sacrafice of a couple of coat hangers should solve that. A good place to get a steal on something like that is the Goodwill auctions: https://www.shopgoodwill.com/.

Thank you for your kind words, Mr. Stickman.

Rabbit

Nice Civil War pictures! Here are some custom Mexican Santa Anna Soldiers and Spanish Soldiers from the Spanish/American war in Cuba against the Rough Riders.:cool:

Nice sodjers, Mr. Kfog41, and such an unusual subject. Are they self-made. I've never seen the like. I even have a Teddy Roosevelt to go up against them although I must admit that he looks more like Bugs Bunny doing an impersonation of him in "Ballot Box Bunny".

"I speak softly, but carry a big stick."

"Well I speak LOUD and carry a biiiiiiger stick! And I know how to use it, too!"

Kudos, Sir!!

Rabbit

Nice sodjers, Mr. Kfog41, and such an unusual subject. Are they self-made. I've never seen the like. I even have a Teddy Roosevelt to go up against them although I must admit that he looks more like Bugs Bunny doing an impersonation of him in "Ballot Box Bunny".

"I speak softly, but carry a big stick."

"Well I speak LOUD and carry a biiiiiiger stick! And I know how to use it, too!"

Kudos, Sir!!

Rabbit

I always was a history buff that included the 18th, 19th, and 20th centurys. The uniforms are all hand made and researched through Osprey and other history books. I also have mountaineers, civil War, Revolutionary War, and American Alamo Defenders.:D

Thanks for the info Rabbit. I'll keep searching, I really like how you presented your collection.

KFOG you are the master of custom clothing. Those outfits are very unique to the world of 1:6. Teddy and some rough riders would be nice to add to that awesome collection.

Keep those Pictures Coming!!!

Thanks for the info Rabbit. I'll keep searching, I really like how you presented your collection.

KFOG you are the master of custom clothing. Those outfits are very unique to the world of 1:6. Teddy and some rough riders would be nice to add to that awesome collection.

Keep those Pictures Coming!!!

I appreciate the praise. I added the brads. snaps, and buttons. But I would have to give my Mother with the help of my wife credit for the actual sewing. I had to help with the research and the patterns measurements. The flaps in the back of the Mexican tunic are totally functional like the real thing. We had also made the red Mexican Uniform for a private and Corporal for the Santa Anna Army during the Alamo Masacre. These customs took many hours of work to get correct! I will send more pictures once I track them down. These items were all sold except for the Mexican in the white Uniform.:cool:

Hi Stickman,
My computer is down and out. The motherboard is shot.Will fix by the 23rd.Using someoone elses computer for a few minutes.
Brent

Brent,

I'm sorry to hear about your computer, I hope it get it up again soon. I took some more photos for you.

The 20th Maine has been given orders to
HOLD THE LINE!
20thMaine_1.jpg
20thMaine_2.jpg

20thMaine_3.jpg

I'd be down for some more Gettysburg figures like Buford, Longstreet, and Pickett.

I'd be down for some more Gettysburg figures like Buford, Longstreet, and Pickett.

Oh Yeah, those would be most welcome to the BOA line!

If SS ever continued with the fife & Drums I'd like to see a General Cornwallis to go with General Washington

Sorry chap, but this looks to be the end of the line. The military thread is the least visited thread on this forum. I once heard some of SideShows staff were re-enactors, I'm not sure if they still work there, as the whole merchandise line has waned to a younger more pop culture base. Good try on trying to perform CPR but this thread is FLAT LINED! :monkey2

Time to Step Away!

For those fanatic enough to start building their own figures I just want to point out this site:

https://www.battlegeartoys.com/

They sell some very high quality civil war stuff. I think those customs by tiger calico I posted earlier use some of their stuff.

There's always the Tony Barton headsculpts who offer a very charming bunch of ugly guys, Heroheads sells a Wyatt Earp Kurt Russel sculpt that wouldn't look bad under a forage cap, and redplanettoys sells a Sam Elliot just dying to be turned into John Buford.

We got a canon underway, John Wayne looks good if only for the parts, things could be worse. Just need to be a bit creative.

Last edited:
Great Ape said:
Sorry chap, but this looks to be the end of the line. The military thread is the least visited thread on this forum. I once heard some of SideShows staff were re-enactors, I'm not sure if they still work there, as the whole merchandise line has waned to a younger more pop culture base. Good try on trying to perform CPR but this thread is FLAT LINED!

Time to Step Away!

Only cowards surrender!!

For those fanatic enough to start building their own figures I just want to point out this site:

https://www.battlegeartoys.com/

They sell some very high quality civil war stuff. I think those customs by tiger calico I posted earlier use some of their stuff.

There's always the Tony Barton headsculpts who offer a very charming bunch of ugly guys, Heroheads sells a Wyatt Earp Kurt Russel sculpt that wouldn't look bad under a forage cap, and redplanettoys sells a Sam Elliot just dying to be turned into John Buford.

We got a canon underway, John Wayne looks good if only for the parts, things could be worse. Just need to be a bit creative.

Hey Doomhammer, I am very anxious on buying from Battlgear but a lot of their stuff says coming soon, like the CSA and US buckles with belt. I am also interested in In The Past Toys 61st Virginia Flag and uniform set. Outside of Kepis do you know where I could find some hats like the one that came with the Rebel bugler? Thanks

I used the BattleGear kepis and frock coats for my 54th Massachusetts Regiment. I couldn't help but be impressed with the fine detail of the products. The coats even have real working buttons. I had to use a small needle threader to button up the coats. The buttons seemed like brass, also. The caps, in some cases, were a little tight, but being fabric they could be stretched. I also bought the cavalry kepi for my Virginia cavalryman. Some very good stuff...for a price. Four frock coats at $15 each (Union money not Confederate) set me back a ways. It had to have been a labour of love.

PS- I love those 20th Maine shots, Mr. Stickman. If I may be so bold as to say so they are inspiring.

Rabbit

Rabbit and Doomhammer thanks a bunch. There are so many more interesting characters that SS could do for this line. I don't know why they haven't made Longstreet yet, but some other interesting people would be the following (Taken from https://www.brotherswar.com ):

General_George_E_Pickett.jpg

"On the Fourth—far from a glorious Fourth to us or to any with love for his fellow men—I wrote you just a line of heartbreak. The sacrifice of life on that blood soaked field on the fatal third was too awful for the heralding of victory, even for our victorious foe, who I think, believe as we do, that it decided the fate of our cause. No words can picture the anguish of that roll-call—the breathless waits between the responses. The "Here" of those who, by God's mercy, had miraculously escaped the awful rain of shot and shell was a sob—a gasp—a knell—for the unanswered name of his comrade. There was no tone of thankfulness for having been spared to answer to their names, but rather a toll, and an unvoiced wish that they, too, had been among the missing. Even now I can hear them cheering as I gave the order, "Forward!" I can feel the thrill of their joyous voices as they called out all along the line, "We'll follow you, Marse George. We'll follow you—we'll follow you." Oh, how faithfully they kept their word—following me on—on—to their death, and I, believing in the promised support, led them on—on—on—Oh, God!
...Poor old Dick Garnett did not dismount, as did the others of us, and he was killed instantly, falling from his horse. Kemper, desperately wounded, was brought from the field and subsequently, taken prisoner. Dear old Lewis Armistead, God bless him, was mortally wounded at the head of his command after planting the flag of Virginia within the enemy's lines. Seven of my colonels were killed, and one was mortally wounded. Nine of my lieutenant colonels were wounded, and three lieutenant colonels were killed. Only one field officer of my whole command, Colonel Cabell, was unhurt, and the loss of my company officers was in proportion." [3]

Major General George E. Pickett discussing
the aftermath of Pickett's Charge
in letters to his fiancée,
July 6 & 12, 1863

How about?
Major General Winfield S. Hanc o ck
General_Winfield_Scott.jpg

and,
Brigadier General Lewis Addison Armistead
200px-Lewis_A._Armistead.jpg
Many of the bravest however, like Armistead, did not return. Brigadier General Richard B. Garnett, who lead the Brigade in Armistead's front, would be killed, his body never to be identified. Brigadier General James L. Kemper on his front right, would receive an agonizing wound as a minie ball ricocheted through his body. Still, Armistead lead his men forward. As he crossed over the low stone wall, he placed his hand on one of the Federal guns of Lieutenant Alonzo Cushing's Battery. As suddenly as he had seemingly grasped the throat of one of the Union cannons guilty of savaging his men as they closed, he was then shot down.

Suffering multiple wounds, the General slumped to the ground. He was later carried off to the Union's 11th Corps field hospital on the Spangler Farm east of General Meade's Headquarters. Confederate Brigadier General Louis Addison Armistead, a former United States Army officer and friend of Union Major General Winfield S. Han**** whose troops this day he had challenged, would die two days later. Like their General, after an awesome display of discipline and courage, most of Armistead's Virginians would earn for their efforts either death, wounds, or capture. The charge, although bravely executed, was repulsed with severe loss. (taken from https://www.brotherswar.com)
10-21-02-Friend_To_Friend_Monument-.jpg

Maybe An Armistead/Hanc o ck 2 Pack??
How about it?

Back