Bronze Yoda and Dooku- WTF???????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"True Collectors" should be glued to their computers :lol

You can joke all you want but this is why I generally try to plan my Thursday nights around waiting for the newsletter. I will put off stuff that I do on the computer (paying bills, fantasy football, etc...) to do it Thursday night while I wait. Trust me newbs, we've all been burnt by super rare items going up out of the blue. You win some, you lose some. No use crying about it because it'll happen again. If you really want this give it a few months and it should only be worth triple the initial cost :lol

You can joke all you want but this is why I generally try to plan my Thursday nights around waiting for the newsletter. I will put off stuff that I do on the computer (paying bills, fantasy football, etc...) to do it Thursday night while I wait. Trust me newbs, we've all been burnt by super rare items going up out of the blue. You win some, you lose some. No use crying about it because it'll happen again. If you really want this give it a few months and it should only be worth triple the initial cost :lol

:flag:clap:flag:clap:flag:clap:flag:clap

No smiley spam. Say what you think.

I think your above comment was ridiculous. Pixletwin doesn't owe anybody anything. Should a fellow true collector give PIX what he paid for his Jabba so he doesn't lose money? None of you "true collectors" would dream of doing that, so why should he worry about driving up the price of an item you want. Besides he isn't driving the price up anyway, the "true collectors" are. They are the ones who pay the insane prices because they can't stand not having everything they want.

I think your above comment was ridiculous. Pixletwin doesn't owe anybody anything. Should a fellow true collector give PIX what he paid for his Jabba so he doesn't lose money? None of you "true collectors" would dream of doing that, so why should he worry about driving up the price of an item you want. Besides he isn't driving the price up anyway, the "true collectors" are. They are the ones who pay the insane prices because they can't stand not having everything they want.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

or in other words, Hurray for Flippers! :lol

bannister.jpg

:lecture :lecture :lecture

or in other words, Hurray for Flippers! :lol

Flippers offer 'true collectors' a service. 'True collectors' would be screwed out of this item if all 100 went to other people. Since a few flippers now have orders in, the 'true collectors' now have a chance at owning a piece of SW history. We provide a service (we spend our time waiting for the newsletter so 'true collectors' don't have too), and we just expect to get paid for said service.

I DON'T WANT the dio. And I DON'T WANT Pix's Jabba.

As a matter of fact, I WANT Pix to keep his Jabba and not lose money on it, which conversely, lowers the value of items.

Honestly, it equally disappoints me when I see people dumping their collectibles for less than what they paid because it equally has an adverse effect. I've been equally frank with a particular collector who repeatedly sells off his items for less than what he paid.

Its stupid and I say so.

The best solution? Don't buy crap you don't want.

Flippers offer 'true collectors' a service. 'True collectors' would be screwed out of this item if all 100 went to other people. Since a few flippers now have orders in, the 'true collectors' now have a chance at owning a piece of SW history. We provide a service (we spend our time waiting for the newsletter so 'true collectors' don't have too), and we just expect to get paid for said service.

Thats stupid. Your service doesn't create more items, so it doesn't help more people.

Had you not bought the item to flip, maybe a "true collector A" would not be happy, but it would still be "true collector B" and "B" would have paid less than "A".

So your service just transfers who is being serviced.

I agree with Bannister, if they had a PPO and announced there would only be 100 then it would give flippers time to prepare and decrease the odds of someone who really wanted it getting it. And as for flippers themselves...I don't have a problem with people doing that, but announcing that you bought it for the sole purpose of flipping it strikes me as bad form, like being a bad winner. I think there should be a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy on Flippers.

Back