Bronze Yoda and Dooku- WTF???????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure its going to happen to something I am interested in sooner or later.
:monkey2

I don't have a computer at home so in general I only get news between 7-4 MTN which is usually too late for these surprise preorders.

And E-bay will be there to service your future needs. :D

Yes, they have done this several times actually... also, don't wait for your newsletter to arrive in your email, go to the site and login and wait for it to arrive there. It is posted on the web site so everyone has a fair shot because they can all get it at the exact same time.

I have learned too a long time ago to log on the SS website in the late afternoon on the day of the newsletter to get it as soon as possible.

However, my internet connection went bung for several hours yesterday... around the same time that bronze dio pre-order became live.

So for me it wasn't exactly a "snooze you lose" kind of deal. Dare I say... I was FATED not to pre-order. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I took Dusty's Official Spooktacular thread (where she states, "There's gonna be some cool stuff launching with today's newsletter...") as a hint to be prepared for something big in the newsletter.

I made a point to sit next to my computer last night to wait on the newsletter. I gotta admit, there wasn't as many Freaks around the board as I thought there would be but I'm glad I stuck around and waited for the Newsletter.

I got the opportunity to order both the faux bronze and regular dio.

I don't remember the newsletter last week saying that the Yoda vs. Dooku dio would go up for pre-order this week, did I miss it...

It was previewed in last week's newsletter... Sideshow's standard practice (except for rare occasions) is to preview one week and pre-order the next. Since it was previewed last week, most were ready to order this week. They have been following this schedule since about the time the newsletters first began getting posting on their site as well as emailed.

...and for the people living in other countries, I really do understand your plight, but Sideshow is a US company, with US working hours, so they post at a time that fits within those guidelines, but still tries to be as convenient as possible to the most people.

Well then, why don't you tell us a better system that is fair to everyone and while you're at it, design some better exclusives as well...

No advice on the better exclusives, but SSC already has 2better systems. 1 is the regular friday PPOs and the other is the inclusive system..

...and for the people living in other countries, I really do understand your plight, but Sideshow is a US company, with US working hours, so they post at a time that fits within those guidelines, but still tries to be as convenient as possible to the most people.

Exactly, there not going to get up at 2 am to post the newsletter so while I do feel bad for everyone in other countries its just something thats gonna happen.

No advice on the better exclusives, but SSC already has 2better systems. 1 is the regular friday PPOs and the other is the inclusive system..

Well the inclusive system only works when an edition size hasn't been set, so unless you want everything to have an open edition size or a huge one, then it doesn't always apply.

As for the PPO, about the only difference between it and the Newsletter, is that the newsletter may make us wait for 30 minutes or an hour before it finally gets posted. Since this has happened a few times in the past, I've learned to wait patiently for the Newsletter every Thursday night just in case of something like this... how is that much different from sitting and waiting for a PPO on Friday? I've missed out in the past, so I'm not going to miss out in the future because of myself not being prepared... I'll probably miss something again when Sideshow does something we haven't seen before, but it won't be because I wasn't alert.

Personally I think this system is better than a PPO. This thing would have lasted 1-2 minutes with a PPO and the site probably would have crashed.

The major difference between sitting at the computer waiting for the newsletter and for the PPO is that you know WHAT you're waiting for with the PPO. If its not something you like, you don't bother waiting.

Seems a lot more reasonable than having everyone waiting for a random announcement where it might be Marvel, it might be SW, it might be LOTR, etc.

Even within the brands, there are different lines that different people like or even certain characters that people might want or not want.

If SSC wants to change the time of preorders to be Thursday nights, I'd be fine with that, but at least give an announcement of WHATS being sold a week or 2 in advance like they do for PPO.

As for inclusives, I'm one of the few that would like the idea of open edition sizes, but I recognize I'm in the minority so oh well.

The major difference between sitting at the computer waiting for the newsletter and for the PPO is that you know WHAT you're waiting for with the PPO. If its not something you like, you don't bother waiting.

Seems a lot more reasonable than having everyone waiting for a random announcement where it might be Marvel, it might be SW, it might be LOTR, etc.

Even within the brands, there are different lines that different people like or even certain characters that people might want or not want.

If SSC wants to change the time of preorders to be Thursday nights, I'd be fine with that, but at least give an announcement of WHATS being sold a week or 2 in advance like they do for PPO.

As for inclusives, I'm one of the few that would like the idea of open edition sizes, but I recognize I'm in the minority so oh well.

But most times the newsletter comes within a 1 hour window. It is about the same as waiting for a PPO.

I know, why not have SSC start IM'ing random newsletter subscribers asking if they want something until its sold out?

If they don't respond within 4 seconds they IM the next person. :lol

Back