Bronze Yoda and Dooku- WTF???????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But most times the newsletter comes within a 1 hour window. It is about the same as waiting for a PPO.

Like I said, except with the PPO the WHAT is already know. Making 20% of your customers who may be interested in SW wait near the computer for a PPO is better than 80% of your entire customer base holding their breath on the newsletter.

yeah, they should just go back to selling in stores so we can have a 3week time frame guessing when the truck will be coming in and hoping the staff doesnt get them all before they even hit the shelves. ....... :monkey1

I barely get on the boards these days but I was able to get one to flip.

Yes I am showing off my awesome abilities! :rock

Don't like it...TOUGH S****!

Just for that, I'm going to buy it from you and claim it wasn't what I ordered. Whats your ebay ID? :maul

What's up you little Mexican bastard? It's nice to see you got one to flip as well :monkey5

Sorry boys but I gotta mortgage to pay now :D

Like I said, except with the PPO the WHAT is already know. Making 20% of your customers who may be interested in SW wait near the computer for a PPO is better than 80% of your entire customer base holding their breath on the newsletter.

But we did know it was coming up... it was previewed last week. Granted, we didn't know what the exclusive was, but lots of times, we don't know that exactly with a PPO either, until the PPO goes up. Since the Grey Hulk vs Spider-man, I never take a pre-order for granted, and always wait for the newsletter to check what the exclusive will be.

I barely get on the boards these days but I was able to get one to flip.

Yes I am showing off my awesome abilities! :rock

Don't like it...TOUGH S****!

Suuure you do Mr.2000 posts and counting. :p

I kinda like the color version better, but it's hard to say when not seeing it in perosn.

I see this being a popular statue for the rarity, but the faux bronze IMO is soooo Applause 1995.

At first i thought it was pure bronze like Gandalf. Then again, the price would be much higher.
This will probably double at first, then quickly drop off like the GG monochrome maquettes. faux bronz is really cheap.

It was previewed in last week's newsletter, and standard Sideshow practice is to put the item up for preorder in the following week's newsletter. In addition, they added a bit of an unusual statement:

Preview this diorama of the high-flying Yoda versus the cape-swirling Count Dooku today, and be sure to pay close attention to upcoming Sideshow newsletters for pre-ordering opportunities for fast-acting subscribers!

That should have been enough to tip you off that something out of the ordinary was going to happen. The same kind of subtle clue alerted me to pay attention the week that the Grey Hulk diorama went up for sale. In both cases, there was a hint given that we should be ready and paying attention and ready to act fast. I work Thursday nights and typically can't get back to my computer until between 7 and 8 P, so I'm just not going to be able to be there hitting F5 for these opportunities like I used to.

It was previewed in last week's newsletter... Sideshow's standard practice (except for rare occasions) is to preview one week and pre-order the next. Since it was previewed last week, most were ready to order this week. They have been following this schedule since about the time the newsletters first began getting posting on their site as well as emailed.

Yeah you're right, that is the system, somehow I completely forgot that it had been previewed. :eek: So it is my fault I missed the bronze, for some reason I was thinking it hadn't been previewed yet. Well maybe like Protozaius I was fated not to have it. (Unless my waitlist converts). Thanks for clearing that up lcummins and Tom. Although I think I liked it better when I could blame Sideshow for surprising me instead of me for being an idiot. :lol I guess with everything else on my mind I forgot. Grad school is really cramping my collecting habits.

Plus like I said, I really much prefer it to be like this than to have every flipper on ebay waiting to pounce on it. BTW are y'all serious about flipping it or joking?

Yeah you're right, that is the system, somehow I completely forgot that it had been previewed. :eek: So it is my fault I missed the bronze, for some reason I was thinking it hadn't been previewed yet. Well maybe like Protozaius I was fated not to have it. (Unless my waitlist converts). Thanks for clearing that up lcummins. Although I think I liked it better when I could blame Sideshow for surprising me instead of me for being an idiot. :lol

Plus like I said, I really much prefer it to be like this than to have every flipper on ebay waiting to pounce on it. BTW are y'all serious about flipping it or joking?

No problem! :rotfl We all have done it at one time or another!

It was previewed in last week's newsletter, and standard Sideshow practice is to put the item up for preorder in the following week's newsletter. In addition, they added a bit of an unusual statement:

:lecture

That should have been enough to tip you off that something out of the ordinary was going to happen. The same kind of subtle clue alerted me to pay attention the week that the Grey Hulk diorama went up for sale. In both cases, there was a hint given that we should be ready and paying attention and ready to act fast. I work Thursday nights and typically can't get back to my computer until between 7 and 8 P, so I'm just not going to be able to be there hitting F5 for these opportunities like I used to.

Thank you Tom for driving the final nail into the WHINE FEST. :lol

Thats true, I do remember that "clue" (read: warning) now.

I suppose I still haven't overcome the fact that in this day and age making rare items that few end users can get without going through flippers is a necessity to success as a business.

Thanks for the tip, Tom!

About reading the newsletter, I mean. And about actually find the reason to stay up until 3 AM now and then. I can't do that all the time, and last night we had a hurricane-force storm since 8 PM, and all I did was batten down the hatches and try to keep calm (I'm right at the seashore).

I would've waited if I knew of the hint, all the same. :)

Thats true, I do remember that "clue" (read: warning) now.

I suppose I still haven't overcome the fact that in this day and age making rare items that few end users can get without going through flippers is a necessity to success as a business.

Maybe your assumptions about what makes a business successful are off the mark? (I do realize who I am talking to though, so I could be wrong... I don't have a business degree) :lol

:monkey3 ;)

Back