British films (gritty ones)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awe it was you uscmhicks I was about to do a search to see who posted the dead mans Shoes clip. Is that kind of like outlaw with Sean bean. Also what about shaun
of the dead and hot fuzz? Anyone seen fifty dead men walking or know any other good movies about The Troubles on Northern Ireland? Would lime to find a copy of Bloody Sunday on DVD. Is This Is England a mob flick or more like American History X?

Awe it was you uscmhicks I was about to do a search to see who posted the dead mans Shoshone clip. Is that kind of like outlaw with Sean bean. Also what about shaun
of the dead and hot fuzz? Anyone seen fifty dead men walking or know any other good movies about The Troubles on Northern Ireland? Would lime to find a copy of Bloody Sunday on DVD. Is This Is England a mob flick or more like American History X?

Deadmans shoes is far far better than Outlaw in my opinion but that is a decent movie. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are both awesome movies imo , Shaun having the bigger fan base I would think. Well worth a look.
I've not seen fifty dead men walking but funnily enough was looking at it before , I'm sure people who enjoyed " The buisness " should find it a great movie since it looks very similar and seems to be getting good reviews from fans although I did notice Empire gave it quite a bad review.
This is England is directed by Shane Meadows who also made " Dead Mans Shoes ". Both are great , I just love a good revenge movie so I favour DMS greatly. :D

I'm going to have to take your word and blind buy that one. I thought outlaw was alright but I'd really like to check out DMS just based off that clip you put up. I can't really remember the face from bourne ultimatum but I do remember him from hot fuzz. I've seen Shaun of the dead also. Enjoyed both films:cool:

I thought fifty dead men walking was pretty good. I first heard about it in pore or total film but I don't know if it was an actual review. Have you heard of rise of the foot soldier? Have you seen five minutes of heaven?

Just added a bunch of these to my Netflix... Looks like i'm in for one heck of gritty weekend ! :D

I'm going to have to take your word and blind buy that one. I thought outlaw was alright but I'd really like to check out DMS just based off that clip you put up. I can't really remember the face from bourne ultimatum but I do remember him from hot fuzz. I've seen Shaun of the dead also. Enjoyed both films:cool:

I thought fifty dead men walking was pretty good. I first heard about it in pore or total film but I don't know if it was an actual review. Have you heard of rise of the foot soldier? Have you seen five minutes of heaven?

I've not seen the last two you mentioned. Belive it or not I actually don't watch many British films , I've found the few I favour through friends and family really who knew I would like them. There is a few directors now like Shane Meadows whos films I keep an eye on. I would definitely pick up Dead Mans Shoes mate. I mentioned in another thread how much of an underrated actor Paddy Considine seems to be , he has been in a few big movies now but if you mention his name most people don't seem to know who he is. A few review sites and critics compared him to Deniro ( mostly with his Taxi Driver role ) in Dead Mans shoes. It also has a bit of an unexpected ( unless you see it coming of course ) ending so try not to read up on it to much or you might come accross it by mistake !. :D
Hope you enjoy it , let me know what you think when you get to see it.

I sure will :duff Here's a link for Five Minutes of Heaven. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1238291/ You might also like Veronica Guerin with Cate Blanchett.

So have most of Paddy's roles been comedic or more dramatic. He looks like he is great...ok well I only saw a little bit...but as I said, I'm sold. But then I thought he was pretty funny in Hot Fuzz. he was the one with the "mustache" right?

Has Harry Brown come out over there yet? If so, have you seen it?

Back