Bride of Frank PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone find the base a little awkward.
Seemed to place a lot of pressure on Franks hand/Brides shoulder
Once mine was on I dare not alter it

Did anyone find the base a little awkward.
Seemed to place a lot of pressure on Franks hand/Brides shoulder
Once mine was on I dare not alter it

YES!!! It took me 30 minutes to get them both on the base together for fear of breaking Frank's fingers! When on the base properly, with his hand on her shoulder, there is just a tiny bit of pressure that I wish wasn't there...

Yes me too
I dread moving them to dust especially with their combined weight.
Look nice though as a pair especially when the lights right

Be gentle if you put them together as once in you will get an headache holding your breath trying to part them
If Frankys hand was a tad bit higher then I would be more relaxed about the whole thing but I cant stop looking at his finger resting on the Brides shoulder:horror

Wow. I never thought about that problem. Maybe I'm glad I DON'T have the duo base after all. I can get nearly the same pose/arrangement, but Franky is more "reaching" for his Bride than actually touching her.

Wow. I never thought about that problem. Maybe I'm glad I DON'T have the duo base after all. I can get nearly the same pose/arrangement, but Franky is more "reaching" for his Bride than actually touching her.

Good point. Frank's pose needs a little getting used to when he stands on his own I find. I "bought" the base with reward points. Figured, if I have the two figures, I might as well get the base too.

Finally got it! :)

EN1Lfgu.jpg

aWR2iJL.jpg

wn0vMEG.jpg

Big congrats bro! now you need to get franky and the dio base ;)

I'm still searching for the SSE, if anyone have her drop me a PM, will give you an offer can't be refused :)

And the two of my prized pieces together...

BTW Congrats Unholybeer!! :) I'm glad these PFs are getting some love again. Dig the horror classics 'cause they were the first.

493.jpg

500.jpg

Last edited:
A quick iPhone pic

Great display,

I have question for you guys, found a bride SSE from a seller in china he also have the mummy. A friend warn me that they are a recast of mummy. My questions are:
- is there an obvious way to tell if the mummy is a recast?
- Anyone aware if the bride had been recasted before? Im start doubting everything lol

Attached are the pics for both, really need your help

Great display,

I have question for you guys, found a bride SSE from a seller in china he also have the mummy. A friend warn me that they are a recast of mummy. My questions are:
- is there an obvious way to tell if the mummy is a recast?
- Anyone aware if the bride had been recasted before? Im start doubting everything lol

Attached are the pics for both, really need your help

I wouldn't trust the mummy as that goes for a fortune and there is no fabric to it so might be easy to paint as a recast. As for the Bride, these were made in very small numbers. It would not be easy to fake a PF due to the fabric component plus there isn't a HUGE market for Uni Monsters like there is for, say, Iron Man so I don't believe it would interest a counterfeiter to reproduce these. There was never a warning from SS about recast PFs. It was more busts and statues that didn't have a fabric component to them (usually). That said, unfortunately their website did warn to be cautious when buying anything from China so buyer beware. :( Hope it works out for you. Pay attention to the box and packaging. Even on real PFs there are flaws in the paint job but you can usually tell by the overall look of the item, it's styro, and its storage box. (to note: for The Bride and Monster SS did use a rather rough styro box which is authentic). Good luck!

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust the mummy as that goes for a fortune and there is no fabric to it so might be easy to paint as a recast. As for the Bride, these were made in very small numbers. It would not be easy to fake a PF due to the fabric component plus there isn't a HUGE market for Uni Monsters like there is for, say, Iron Man so I don't believe it would interest a counterfeiter to reproduce these. There was never a warning from SS about recast PFs. It was more busts and statues that didn't have a fabric component to them (usually). That said, unfortunately their website did warn to be cautious when buying anything from China so buyer beware. :( Hope it works out for you. Pay attention to the box and packaging. Even on real PFs their are flaws in the paint job but you can usually tell by the overall look of the item, it's styro, and its storage box. (to note: for The Bride and Monster SS did use a rather rough styro box which is authentic). Good luck!

Thank u very much for the feedback. The bride does look legit to me since no one ever heard about her getting recast. The mummy, not sure yet, seems that some people saw a recast mummy before so I might hold off till further notice. It makes me wonder, if there was a recast mummy, why the market is not flooded with it? Or even the fake ones have super low ES lol
So, for now I guess it's safe to take the bride.

My bride together with her lover *cough* ;)

1G9tNAA.jpg

:rotfl Well, I think yours has a better paint job than mine so we're both lucky in different ways. My Bride has a minor case of "Sideshow eye" lol (her right eye). Everything else is absolutely perfect on her though so glad to have the lady.

231.jpg

Last edited:
Pay attention to the box and packaging. Even on real PFs their are flaws in the paint job but you can usually tell by the overall look of the item, it's styro, and its storage box. (to note: for The Bride and Monster SS did use a rather rough styro box which is authentic). Good luck!

Now I know wolfman & dracula have the rough grey styro, but my franky have the white styro the same as the styro of the bride that I post pics in the previous post, do you remember :)

Back