Bride of Frank PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for mine!

SanDiegoComicCon07074.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon07072.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon07070.jpg

I just sold my SSE Frank PF and nearly paid for both. :frank

NO POWER ON EARTH COULD MAKE ME BUY THAT FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER. It has a terrific face sculpt, wonderful weathering on the clothes, and a great base...but the pose makes him appear as if he was ran over by a semi, during an earthquake, while playing "twister". Hate, hate, hate it.:acme:yuck

But enjoy yours, glad you were able to turn your SSE over and pay for both.:chew

Pretty short thread for such marvelous PF's. Anyone out there that has the regular versions and can post pix? Thanks for the necroposting, very attentive of me.

Saw Franky in a display case at a shop at Universal Studios Florida January of this year. And... yup, I still hates that pose,:D making it the first Monster PF that I didn't buy at all.:google

Saw Franky in a display case at a shop at Universal Studios Florida January of this year. And... yup, I still hates that pose,:D making it the first Monster PF that I didn't buy at all.:google

true, but together with the Bride he looks perfect!
They are made for eachother !!

I think that if you review the movie and look at Karloffs performance, Sideshow has captured his body language perfectly. To me this helps to enhance the Figure, and shows just how much Sideshow pays attention to the small details.

Yes, I agree, the Monster's pose always threw me off. Now I ordered it anyway, and I can only hope that what Vince says is true: that they look great together - I already have the bride! I ordered the base also, Vince advised it, and I trust him on that. Again, I hope you are right Vince!!! :D

No disrespect to those who love it intended...I just want the figs to stand independently from one another. Since I already have the first Frankie, and wanted to continue the solo stances, the pose killed it for me.:D Face is great though.

I actually like the duo set up so much I sold my old Frank to help finance the purchase .... :monkey1

Yes, I agree, the Monster's pose always threw me off. Now I ordered it anyway, and I can only hope that what Vince says is true: that they look great together - I already have the bride! I ordered the base also, Vince advised it, and I trust him on that. Again, I hope you are right Vince!!! :D

I really, really like the duo.
They fit perfectly together !

I'm in the camp with those who don't care much for the pose. I do completely understand it's relation to the Bride as a companion piece, but I still find it to be too "wonky" for my taste.

It's too bad, as I LOVE the Sculpt of the face and hands, and the costume detailing looks fantastic. Kudos to those collectors who love it. Sideshow makes something for everyone!

I just received my first Universal Monster PF and though I would post some pics. This one is right up there on my list as one of the best PF's I currently own. The attention to detail on his clothes is top notch and the paint and sculpting is perfect on this guy especially on the burn mark on his cheek and the scar across his forehead. I guess if I had one gripe it would be the pose but the Monster demands a mate and thanks to Adam from Dark Shadow Collectibles she will be here tomorrow.

100_3257.jpg

100_3258.jpg

100_3259.jpg

100_3254.jpg

100_3262.jpg

His Bride will be here soon and he is waiting.:banana

100_3261.jpg

Received the Bride SSE today after a long search, it's very hard to find now with the ES of 100.
This PF is absolutely astonishing, I highly recommend it:

DSC02699.jpg

Big congratz on your find! Feels great, doesn't it? Care to tell us some more about your struggle? I also had some trouble getting her, since I simply forgot B&W Friday last year. I was waiting for the SSE edition of the bride, and I virtually knew SSC would bring her on B&W Friday, and still, it slipped my mind! Fortunately my WL came though... wew! The bride is simply my favorite PF. I got edition number 100/100. Couldn't be more perfect! Unless my SSE Frank would also have that edition number. I eventually bought Frank & the base after some doubts because of his awkward pose. Together, they are complete. Pretty tragic love affair! :D

I got to say that the regular (colored) versions of bride & Frank do look fantastic, but SSE just seams more like the right way to go with these. More authentic.

Last edited:
Well, I don't have either of these yet, but one day I shall possess them! I bought a Creature from the Black Lagoon PF and that set my finances back for some time.

Well, I don't have either of these yet, but one day I shall possess them! I bought a Creature from the Black Lagoon PF and that set my finances back for some time.

Both of these are great additions to a collection. Damn, I hope they'll do the Bride 1:1 for Spooky.

Back