Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Future Looks Bright for Bowen!

I don't post much but I just don't understand why people have so much hate for Bowen/Al and why they have such devotion to Sideshow as if Sideshow were some deity and can do no wrong. In fact, their blind obsession with Sideshow is exactly what they acuse Al of doing with Bowen. I collect both Sideshow and Bowen, they both make great products and both make occasional stinkers. Why have to side with one against the other? Why not enjoy both. Yes, Al promotes statuemarvels. He does it in a nice way, usually providing the latest Bowen information. Why does that bother anyone. I think alot of the people who mock Al are jealous of the success he has with his message board and the fact that Randy Bowen avidly posts there. Get a life people. Enjoy collecting and stop with the childish insults.

First off, I want to thank you very much for your statement. Secondly, I'd like to thank this board (the admins) for being more than kind to me. Lastly, the BIGGEST disappointment I have about Statue Marvels is that for some reason, Sideshow fans view it as a Bowen ONLY board & haven't stopped by despite that I've tried to make a BIG multi-section category for fans of the company! I get that a lot of Sideshow fans are happy here & at Statue Forum, but please...you are DEFINITELY welcome at Statue Marvels as well.

Yeah...I'm a major Bowen fan, but I do respect the Sideshow fans & I made sure I appointed a devoted Sideshow fan to run that category on my site. I'd LOVE if Statue Marvels had as many devoted Sideshow fans as we do Bowen.

In the end, all I can do is extend the invitation. :)

Randy Bowen just posted a sneak peek of the new Classic Iron Man Statue work in progress, along with a poll...
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-classic-iron-man-statue-wip-9343.html

939595135_MiYEJ-L.jpg

Personally, I voted that I liked this one (as long as there are a few tweaks) AND I want an action pose to go with a Bowen action Doctor Doom, Smackdown Hulk, and (hopefully) a FS Titanium Man!

Randy Bowen just posted a sneak peek of the new Classic Iron Man Statue work in progress, along with a poll...
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-classic-iron-man-statue-wip-9343.html

939595135_MiYEJ-L.jpg

Personally, I voted that I liked this one (as long as there are a few tweaks) AND I want an action pose to go with a Bowen action Doctor Doom, Smackdown Hulk, and (hopefully) a FS Titanium Man!

Al, could you please kindly ask Mr. Bowen to produce more action pose / dynamic characters? I think he makes too many museum pose that look too similar.

I still collect Bowens but I'm very very selective now as there are too many repeated characters being made as of late.

I miss the first 2 phases to be honest.

I agree both companies make some great stuff and I collect both. In fact doesn't Sideshow sell Bowen stuff on their web site?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Everyone treats them like competing companies, but in reality they are symbiotic in nature. Bowen statues are on a different scale and of a more comic book inspired appearance. Sideshow statues are more realistic and larger. When combined in one collection they actually compliment each other well. Sideshow sells Bowen statues, which means Bowen benefits from Sideshow's more main stream feel, and Sideshow benefits by making money off of smaller scale and different interpretation of characters without having to produce them themselves.

Also, the companies themselves are a LOT different. Sideshow is like a Target or Walmart (less trashy Walmart :lol) while Bowen is more like a Mom and Pop shop from back in the day. Sideshow is very sleak, organized, efficient, business oriented and focus on a large variety of products. Bowen is a bit more down to earth, going to the fans for opinions and ideas (like it or hate it), less flashy, and focus on one particular product but give a lot more options within that Niche.

And before people start acusing me of being pro-Sideshow...those are just the facts. I don't think one is better then the other.

When Bowen poses stuff it is usualy really cool. I agree that these oscar poses are a let down, that Iron Man really could have been something. Same with Tigra. Has anyone made a Tigra with a cat like pose? How could you not? Idk. The mini busts look like they would have been great poses if they had the legging included. I like his character/era choices, his flame rendering blows Sideshow's away, so why drop the ball on the posing.

I feel a lot of Sideshow poses are pretty lame but at least they are making an attempt. It's not hard to do either, just open a comic book up and pick something cool looking.

First off, I want to thank you very much for your statement. Secondly, I'd like to thank this board (the admins) for being more than kind to me. Lastly, the BIGGEST disappointment I have about Statue Marvels is that for some reason, Sideshow fans view it as a Bowen ONLY board & haven't stopped by despite that I've tried to make a BIG multi-section category for fans of the company! I get that a lot of Sideshow fans are happy here & at Statue Forum, but please...you are DEFINITELY welcome at Statue Marvels as well.

Yeah...I'm a major Bowen fan, but I do respect the Sideshow fans & I made sure I appointed a devoted Sideshow fan to run that category on my site. I'd LOVE if Statue Marvels had as many devoted Sideshow fans as we do Bowen.

In the end, all I can do is extend the invitation. :)

But I like the smell of this forum. Smells like fresh polystone. lol And I go on Statue Marvels from time to time but it just feels very pro- Bowen and I prefer Sideshow since they have more licenses and provide alot more options. Including selling Bowen products. :)

939595135_MiYEJ-L.jpg

The pose is pretty plain and uninteresting but if people like it then they like it.

939595135_MiYEJ-L.jpg

I'm not into these BD museum Iron Man statues. If they could be sold to fit together better than they do, kinda like Stark has them displayed in the comics, they might be nice, but, I'd rather see this armor (my fave) in an action pose. I hope SS gives us a LSB with this armor design to go with my Cap and Thor.

BB

The only Bowen pieces I have are the 4-pack Iron Man set and I actually like it quite a bit. I'm in the minority when I say that I like the more static, museum-style pose that shows off the armor, simply because I just love the IM designs. In fact, all of action-oriented poses of IM I don't like at all. So something like static classic IM and the original IM costume I would definitely buy to add to the set.

If I want action, I'll buy Sideshow. Nothing against Bowen in that respect, I just like Sideshow's renditions better.

If I want action, I'll buy Sideshow. Nothing against Bowen in that respect, I just like Sideshow's renditions better.

There's very little action in several of the SS PFs; Iron Man is a museum pose, Ms. Marvel is an action figure pose, parking ticket She-Hulk, Mystique, etc. Namor has some good action, Thor does too. Most are pretty standard poses though.

Thanks,

BB

There's very little action in several of the SS PFs; Iron Man is a museum pose, Ms. Marvel is an action figure pose, parking ticket She-Hulk, Mystique, etc. Namor has some good action, Thor does too. Most are pretty standard poses though.

Thanks,

BB

:dunno She-Hulk just ripped a parking meter out of concrete and is posed in such a way that it makes it seem that she is seconds away from using it to beat someone into oblivion....

Why do you hate her so? Is it against your religion to be attracted to a statue? :confused::confused:

:dunno She-Hulk just ripped a parking meter out of concrete and is posed in such a way that it makes it seem that she is seconds away from using it to beat someone into oblivion....

Why do you hate her so? Is it against your religion to be attracted to a statue? :confused::confused:

He wants he to be running so he can say "why is she running?". Plus he hasnt turned in his TPS reports.

He doesnt like the PF poses but he claims to own several of them. People buy what they dont like? odd.

Back